Chances of us playing over Christmas

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Chances of us playing over Christmas

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:33 am

Virtually none I'd have thought given all the heavy snow we've had this overnight and this morning. Not sure what the weather has been like down in Sheffield, but I wouldn't imagine its been much better than up here. Apparently the club is asking for volunteers to go to the ground on Sunday morning at 9am to help clear the pitch.

Darlo_Chris

Re: Chances of us playing over Christmas

Post by Darlo_Chris » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:06 am

They are very bleak. Really can't see the next two games on.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:12 am

The problem at any ground is not only the pitch, but keeping car parks and paths clear, so that its safe for fans to get to the ground.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:12 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:Virtually none I'd have thought given all the heavy snow we've had this overnight and this morning. Not sure what the weather has been like down in Sheffield, but I wouldn't imagine its been much better than up here. Apparently the club is asking for volunteers to go to the ground on Sunday morning at 9am to help clear the pitch.
Pete, this time last year you let us into your recipe for turkey and ham pie which was a great distraction from football.I passed this on to my wife and they were superb.What are you doing this year regarding cooking, menus etc, lets forget footy for now and chill out.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:19 am

Glad you tried them out. I was at the market this morning and got my Turkey which weighed in at 21lbs 4oz, which was the largest Turkey that he had this year.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:23 am

I got a text this morning from a mate in Rotherham, apparently they are having an inspection but he doesn't know when, they've got volunteers there now.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:25 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:The problem at any ground is not only the pitch, but keeping car parks and paths clear, so that its safe for fans to get to the ground.
Pisses me off how soft people are these days!! Its only a bit of snow FFS!!

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:47 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:Glad you tried them out. I was at the market this morning and got my Turkey which weighed in at 21lbs 4oz, which was the largest Turkey that he had this year.
Good god, that is some turkey, ours is supposed to be a big one but only weighs 12 lbs.How many are you cooking for, 7 adults 3 kids for us.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:52 am

AndyPark wrote:I got a text this morning from a mate in Rotherham, apparently they are having an inspection but he doesn't know when, they've got volunteers there now.
9.30am on Boxing Day.

Mullet69

Post by Mullet69 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:54 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:Glad you tried them out. I was at the market this morning and got my Turkey which weighed in at 21lbs 4oz, which was the largest Turkey that he had this year.
Pah, that's nothing - I s*** more than that every morning :lol:
Mullet69uk on Twitter

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:18 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Good god, that is some turkey, ours is supposed to be a big one but only weighs 12 lbs.How many are you cooking for, 7 adults 3 kids for us.
8 adults and 1 kid. We only have the Turkey for Christmas lunch, the rest goes into making my Turkey & Ham pies.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:48 pm

This is a right pain in the arse. Christmas was going to be the only chance I get to see a match (or three) this season... then again I suppose if there has to be a season I miss entirely then this is probably the one to miss.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:28 pm

Hawkeye wrote:This is a right pain in the arse. Christmas was going to be the only chance I get to see a match (or three) this season... then again I suppose if there has to be a season I miss entirely then this is probably the one to miss.
Totally agree I got the 3 ticket package for Xmas and it looks like I'll see none of them!

While I'm on, anyone fancy a Boxing Day beer?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:38 pm

comeondarlo wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:This is a right pain in the arse. Christmas was going to be the only chance I get to see a match (or three) this season... then again I suppose if there has to be a season I miss entirely then this is probably the one to miss.
Totally agree I got the 3 ticket package for Xmas and it looks like I'll see none of them!

While I'm on, anyone fancy a Boxing Day beer?
Down in Sheffield?

TeessideQuaker

Post by TeessideQuaker » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:51 pm

I can't see the game going ahead on boxing game. Rumours are the pitch is already fucked, and getting worse by the hour.

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:15 pm

Hope all the xmas games are postponed, gives us a chance to to improve. and stops the misery of watching Darlo in what is supposed to be a happy time.