Courting controversy

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

tdk1
Team Supported: Darlington

Courting controversy

Post by tdk1 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:42 pm

There's a gallery on the echo site of all our home kits since the mid 80s, and having just enjoyed a good look over them I have come to the following controversial conclusion.

Last season's home shirt was the best we have ever had.

real_darlo_85

Re: Courting controversy

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:39 pm

tdk1 wrote:There's a gallery on the echo site of all our home kits since the mid 80s, and having just enjoyed a good look over them I have come to the following controversial conclusion.

Got to agree, which is why this season I have got the away shirt for a change. :thumbup:
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:13 pm

tdk1 wrote:There's a gallery on the echo site of all our home kits since the mid 80s, and having just enjoyed a good look over them I have come to the following controversial conclusion.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/ ... s/?ref=rss

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:16 pm

Last seasons shirt was exceptional. And the season before was great too.

95-96 home an obvious fave amongst many. The 10-11 shirt was really cool. Plus we won something in it.

But my favourite shirt of all time. The 04-05 all black (with white piping) away kit.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:17 pm

Any shirt with three broad black hoops is always going to be up there for me.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:25 pm

biccynana wrote:

Any shirt with three broad black hoops is always going to be up there for me.
it's true. The Penney play off season shirt was exceptional too.

The worst by a mile was the second conference season one, from the last administration. Just awful. All the raj/fordy home efforts were pretty stinking, even the morritt one from Wembley.

polam lane

Post by polam lane » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:21 am

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:08 am

Agreed - all the Avec kits have been smart.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:59 am

It has to be the Glenwood Paints home strip for me. For the away, the green & black hoops from the mid-90's.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:14 am

I don't think it's that controversial. It's a classic! I did like the previous seasons too, but found the Glenwood Paints sponsor graphic a bit cartooney (i know that's been their logo for.... forever, but it's rank) which took away from the kit a little.

I really like this years away kit. Will pick one up at some point.

broadsexile

Post by broadsexile » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:12 pm

Big fan of all the Avec kits; the Cosyseal one is probably least good of them but still better than a lot of what we've had in the past. Was surprised by the Glenwood one, which I thought was going to be awful and wasn't. I use last season's to play in and it's so smart it even manages to make me - 36 years old and 14st - look like a proper footballer, it's that smart.

That 82-84 Le Coq Sportif one looks pretty decent in the pictures as well, but before my time.

coles

Post by coles » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:55 pm

Has to be the 84-87 Hummel strip for me that is an absolute belter and gets a lot of plaudits on retro shirt sites. I have been after one for my collection for years unfortunately they are like rocking horse doo doo.

Henley

Post by Henley » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:38 am

I rarely wear football tops nowadays (because I don't go to or play football anymore :lol: ) but I found myself wearing the 125th anniversary home kit the other day by Vandanel and there was a realisation that it's actually a smart shirt.