200 Sold

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

DFCAnth
Team Supported: Darlington

200 Sold

Post by DFCAnth » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:44 pm

Only 200 sold so far for Salford - General sale has been brought forward and starts tonight!

I know people hate Salford and don't want to give them their money, but at the end of the day it doesn't really make a difference as they're rich anyway.. Anyone who was unsure on whether to attend or not should get themselves there on Saturday and back the lads. Come on Darlo!!

Spyman

Re: 200 Sold

Post by Spyman » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:52 pm

Or put the money in the new stand fund.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:02 pm

DFCAnth wrote:Only 200 sold so far for Salford - General sale has been brought forward and starts tonight!

I know people hate Salford and don't want to give them their money, but at the end of the day it doesn't really make a difference as they're rich anyway.. Anyone who was unsure on whether to attend or not should get themselves there on Saturday and back the lads. Come on Darlo!!
The official site still states Thursday for general sales and at 1 today QR volunteers thought the same. Where did you get your info?

DFCAnth

Post by DFCAnth » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:30 pm

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
DFCAnth wrote:Only 200 sold so far for Salford - General sale has been brought forward and starts tonight!

The official site still states Thursday for general sales and at 1 today QR volunteers thought the same. Where did you get your info?
Someone on Twitter has been told it by QR today? May be worth a call, if they've sold only 200 I'm guessing they will be keen to get general sale moving.
Spyman wrote:Or put the money in the new stand fund.

Getting boring now. Every time the club/fans spend money on anything other than the stand fund you have something to say!

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:42 pm

Have you?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:17 pm

DFCAnth wrote:
Maurice_Peddelty wrote:

Someone on Twitter has been told it by QR today? May be worth a call, if they've sold only 200 I'm guessing they will be keen to get general sale moving.

Getting boring now. Every time the club/fans spend money on anything other than the stand fund you have something to say!
I'm not saying it for your entertainment. I'm saying it because I want the club to be able to achieve promotion.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:25 pm

DFCAnth wrote:
Maurice_Peddelty wrote:

What's boring is starting the new season without any prospect of promotion.

Perhaps that's part of the reason fans aren't enthused enough to get tickets.

I don't think I've ever felt so ambivalent for the start of a new season. Seems plenty of others feel the same way.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:46 pm

Up to last night it was only 500 club and ST holders. Sales to DFCSG members started this morning, many of who will be at work. It will be a better indication after tonight.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:03 pm

QR have confirmed that it is still as the official announcement as more volunteers are needed tomorrow night for general sales

DFCAnth

Post by DFCAnth » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:20 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
DFCAnth wrote:
Maurice_Peddelty wrote:

I don't think I've ever felt so ambivalent for the start of a new season. Seems plenty of others feel the same way.
Works both ways though. Sell the squad to fund the stand and be able to potentially take promotion, at which point you wouldn't get near as you wouldn't have the team to do it.

Your point about not signing new players I understand, but the millionth time you/Spyman made it, it was boring. The above point about not supporting the team is just stupid.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:30 pm

I'm sure when they go on general sale, we'll sell a good 500 tickets, which is pretty good for a club at our level and given the distance we have to travel.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:04 pm

DFCAnth wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
DFCAnth wrote:
Maurice_Peddelty wrote:

Works both ways though. Sell the squad to fund the stand and be able to potentially take promotion, at which point you wouldn't get near as you wouldn't have the team to do it.

Your point about not signing new players I understand, but the millionth time you/Spyman made it, it was boring. The above point about not supporting the team is just stupid.
Where did I suggest selling the squad?

And where did I suggest not supporting the team?

And while people keep repeating their desire for us to sign new players, I'll continue to highlight the bigger picture.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:19 pm

Personally, I'm really looking forward to this season. This league is probably going to be the strongest it's ever been and there'll be some tough tests in a fantastically competitive season, which will also feature some great derbies. Can't wait.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:34 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Personally, I'm really looking forward to this season. This league is probably going to be the strongest it's ever been and there'll be some tough tests in a fantastically competitive season, which will also feature some great derbies. Can't wait.
But ultimately it means nothing until we're eligible for promotion. We can be as competitive as we like but there's no excitement from going for promotion.

The drama of battling to go up and taking part in games which have a meaningful impact on the league and the possible reward of going up. All of that isn't there.

Is playing Spennymoor or Blyth really that thrilling? For me they're not serious rivalries or derbies so I can't get enthused.

If the ground is sorted, then yeah I'd be more excited. But there are too many troubling factors off the pitch for me to be enthusiastic about the actual football.

DFCAnth

Post by DFCAnth » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:40 pm

Where did I say you suggested selling the squad?

And where did I say you suggested not supporting the team?

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:01 pm

DFCAnth wrote:Where did I say you suggested selling the squad?
Here, as a counter to me suggesting signing new players shouldn't be a priority.
Sell the squad to fund the stand and be able to potentially take promotion, at which point you wouldn't get near as you wouldn't have the team to do it.
To me, you were implying that, given my opinion about the stand being the priority, I was suggesting we should sell players to fund it.

Considering not a single person on this board, including myself and Spyman, has suggested this as an option, what other reason is there in you bringing it up?
DFCAnth wrote:And where did I say you suggested not supporting the team?
Here, using those very words.
The above point about not supporting the team is just stupid.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:10 pm

I'm sure everyone involved with the club from the chief exec down will be doing everything possible to ensure that the ground meets the necessary criteria. Possible money from cup runs, donations, cash from supporters group membership, sponsors... the whole package... will play a part.
And nowt wrong with a derby package of Blyth, Spenny, Harrogate and York, plus the extra cash that will come with it. More interest in the games and bigger crowds than Worcester, Stalybridge, Altrincham affairs. It's a better league now in terms of local interest. A Hartlepool derby will have to wait... for now.

DFCAnth

Post by DFCAnth » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:27 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
DFCAnth wrote:Where did I say you suggested selling the squad?
Here, as a counter to me suggesting signing new players shouldn't be a priority.
Sell the squad to fund the stand and be able to potentially take promotion, at which point you wouldn't get near as you wouldn't have the team to do it.
To me, you were implying that, given my opinion about the stand being the priority, I was suggesting we should sell players to fund it.

Considering not a single person on this board, including myself and Spyman, has suggested this as an option, what other reason is there in you bringing it up?
DFCAnth wrote:And where did I say you suggested not supporting the team?
Here, using those very words.
The above point about not supporting the team is just stupid.
I didn't say you, or anyone else, suggested selling the squad.

I didn't say you suggested not supporting the team. I was talking about Spyman's post not yours.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:42 pm

DFCAnth wrote:
I didn't say you, or anyone else, suggested selling the squad.
In that case why did you bring it up as a counter-argument to prioritising ground development? If no one has suggested it I'm not sure I understand why you brought it up? No one has suggested it so it's a poor counter-argument.
DFCAnth wrote: I didn't say you suggested not supporting the team. I was talking about Spyman's post not yours.
Ok. You were replying to my post hence the confusion.

Although I'm not entirely certain about the point you are making with it. Where did Spyman suggest not supporting the team? Was it because he suggested putting money into the stadium fund if people weren't planning on going to the game?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:33 am

I'll support the team's opportunity to achieve promotion by putting the money I'd have spent going to Salford into getting the stand built. How's that?

If people would rather shout and sing and clap a team that isn't eligible for promotion that's up to them. Of course it is important that we have support at the match.

Regarding the 'selling the squad' comment, if we did that (which nobody is proposing), then sure, we'd more than likely miss out on promotion this season. But we'd be eligible the year after so could have a good crack at it with a clean slate. What I disagree with is spending money improving a squad that is already in the right ball-park for promotion when we're not actually eligible for promotion.

If we get the ground funded in time, we'll still have several months to raise money to improve the playing squad if it's lagging a bit.

DC

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:01 am

It's tricky, isn't it? I sympathise with the ground needs sorting view but I still want to get behind the team. I've mailed to make my suggestions about crowdfunding or something similar as I think I could coax family and friends to put £5-£10 in that but never £100. Just trying to be constructive about construction!

shawry

Post by shawry » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:46 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:It's tricky, isn't it? I sympathise with the ground needs sorting view but I still want to get behind the team. I've mailed to make my suggestions about crowdfunding or something similar as I think I could coax family and friends to put £5-£10 in that but never £100. Just trying to be constructive about construction!
This has been my biggest issue in that it's not seemed easy to just donate some cash, since the end of the season, meaning no more buckets, we have had no option but to invest at least £100.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:38 pm

Darlogramps wrote:What's boring is starting the new season without any prospect of promotion.

Unless you expected c£130k worth of construction work to be fundraised and completed by August 5th, then I am failing to see how the season could have been started any other way.

There is every prospect of promotion, unless on 1st April 2018 we have less than 500 covered seats.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:49 pm

I'm very sure that come April 1st it won't matter anyway, so take it easy.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:59 pm

I never pay that much attention to away tickets sold. More bothered about home attendances. Two hundred for a game in Manchester is pretty reasonable and doesn't feel too far from what I used to remember being stood on the terraces at Bury / Rochdale / Macclesfield (appreciate not Manchester postcodes before another Fylde being on the coast argument erupts - I mean similar sort of travel time/direction).

Do people hate Salford? Do we really care that much about what they are upto?

Spymans point is a fair one. If people are tossing up Salford away which will cost the best part of £50 I'd guess maybe the fund for the new stand is a more productive house for that money. I think Spymans post proposing this as an alternative place to spend that money is fair in the context of the thread.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:34 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:What's boring is starting the new season without any prospect of promotion.

Unless you expected c£130k worth of construction work to be fundraised and completed by August 5th, then I am failing to see how the season could have been started any other way.

There is every prospect of promotion, unless on 1st April 2018 we have less than 500 covered seats.
How much money has been donated to the stand fund during the period of our pre-season matches?

DC

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:05 am

Darlofan97 wrote:

Total strawman argument with logic that borders on the idiotic.

The question is not about when we expected the work to be done. It's about the priority it has. Given all the seemingly needless signings we're making to strengthen what was already a strong squad, it suggests that raising the money isn't as big a priority to MG and others at the club as it should be.

There is no prospect of promotion, as we're not eligible to go up.

Until we complete the ground development, we can't go up. The plan to complete the development was through fundraising, which has stalled completely with £80k still to raise.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:06 am

The present cs phase was originally scheduled to start around now. For those that want to donate ad hoc there are the buckets at matches & a donation box at QR .For those that want to donate regularly contact details for fundraising are on dfcsg website. I am unable to go to Salford so I will again do as Harry Dunn has suggested & put the money towards the stand.

Darlo1235

Post by Darlo1235 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:31 pm

Does anyone know how many we have sold now? Hopefully at least 500 going
See Salford have put it pay on gate for them nothing to stop any Darlo fans going in there end could turn nasty

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:38 pm

Darlo1235 wrote:Does anyone know how many we have sold now? Hopefully at least 500 going
See Salford have put it pay on gate for them nothing to stop any Darlo fans going in there end could turn nasty
Why would Darlo fans go in their end? It'll surely be pay on the gate for us as well if 1,000 haven't been sold.

DC