Early odds

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

al_quaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Early odds

Post by al_quaker » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:45 pm

From betway....

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/en ... rth/winner

Salford 7/2 favourites
York 11/2
Kiddy 13/2
Darlo 10/1
Southport, Stockport 12/1

Spennymoor 66/1 :shock:

Darlo_Pete

Re: Early odds

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:55 am

I'm really surprised at us being 10/1, I'd have thought 14/1 to 16/1 would have been more fair. Obviously Spennymoor at 66/1 is ridiculous and an each way bet at those odds could be fruitful.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:13 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:I'm really surprised at us being 10/1, I'd have thought 14/1 to 16/1 would have been more fair. Obviously Spennymoor at 66/1 is ridiculous and an each way bet at those odds could be fruitful.
66/1 for Spennymoor seems perfectly sensible to me, if a bit short. They don't have a hope in hell of finishing second so I wouldn't waste your money on an e/w bet.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:45 am

I find it ridiculous that Spendy are favourites to be relegated. Although they do start with a 6 point deduction as they have to play us twice.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:51 am

Only Kidderminster and Salford finished above us in this division last season so no surprises that they are ahead of us.

York City easily the best side of those that came down so again no surprise to see them in ahead of us.

Salford streets ahead of everyone. Nip and tuck between Kiddy & York then us a little bit more of the pace of those two.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:17 am

lo36789 wrote:Only Kidderminster and Salford finished above us in this division last season so no surprises that they are ahead of us.

York City easily the best side of those that came down so again no surprise to see them in ahead of us.

Salford streets ahead of everyone. Nip and tuck between Kiddy & York then us a little bit more of the pace of those two.
Why are Salford streets ahead of everyone? Because they have the most money?

They've had more money than us every season and we've repeatedly finished ahead of them.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:18 am

banktopp wrote:I find it ridiculous that Spendy are favourites to be relegated. ....

Watching York at Wembley last month winning the FA Trophy, it was suprising to see them relegated. They looked a decent side and deservedly beat Macclesfield to win the Trophy. It would be a suprise if they or Salford do not win the division.

Spennymoor realistically have no chance of winning the league. To be honest, for the size of the club surviving in the division at the end of the season would be a success.

Darlington are a club moving back up from their lowest level , whereas Spennymoor are now at the highest level in their history (whether as United or Town).

I suspect Spennymoor are the only club in the division who have not played at this level or above previously

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:16 am

Spyman wrote:
lo36789 wrote:Only Kidderminster and Salford finished above us in this division last season so no surprises that they are ahead of us.

Why are Salford streets ahead of everyone? Because they have the most money?

They've had more money than us every season and we've repeatedly finished ahead of them.
In 4 seasons playing in the same league as them we have finished ahead of them twice and behind them twice.

Massive difference this season they are not just spending more money on part-time players they are spending more money on full time players. Their signings are coming from the top end of the conference as well.

The top 3 favourites for promotion are all full time.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:19 am

spen666 wrote:I suspect Spennymoor are the only club in the division who have not played at this level or above previously
Suspect? Given you know that Blyth, Spennymoor and Leamington are the three sides promoted into the division this season and Blyth and Leamington have been at this level before it's not really a suspicion is it.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:02 am

I'm surprised that Harrogate Town don't feature now they have gone full-time. Or have they slipped under the radar of those that set the odds?

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:12 am

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:I'm surprised that Harrogate Town don't feature now they have gone full-time. Or have they slipped under the radar of those that set the odds?
Probably the latter- the odds at non league level (below National division) are often rather random based on name of club rather than strength of playing squad

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:15 am

spen666 wrote:
Maurice_Peddelty wrote:I'm surprised that Harrogate Town don't feature now they have gone full-time. Or have they slipped under the radar of those that set the odds?
Probably the latter- the odds at non league level (below National division) are often rather random based on name of club rather than strength of playing squad
They're probably based on the clubs that the bookies have been asked to quote a price for and the odds will reflect the amount of risk the bookies have on each.

No surprise that the better supported/known clubs are those that people have wanted to put a bet on at this stage.

DC

polarbear
Team Supported: spennymoor

Post by polarbear » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:21 pm

Spyman wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:I'm really surprised at us being 10/1, I'd have thought 14/1 to 16/1 would have been more fair. Obviously Spennymoor at 66/1 is ridiculous and an each way bet at those odds could be fruitful.
66/1 for Spennymoor seems perfectly sensible to me, if a bit short. They don't have a hope in hell of finishing second so I wouldn't waste your money on an e/w bet.
They dont need to finish 2nd,,, 3rd is the e/w bet, im surprised at 66/1 as i would say spennymoor will have a better team than blyth this season, blyth already signing spennys cast offs, 20/1 would be a fair price for spennymoor, i do believe spennymoor will end up mid table, and maybe pushing for the play offs, also think spennymoor will push darlington all the way as well.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:27 pm

I imagine Spenny will be in and around the top 10, tough league next year with some good teams and big budgets. Spenny have a good team and finances to improve if need to.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:30 am

think Harrogate's odds reflects the fact they have a doofus for a manager who will never get them promoted no matter how much money he is given.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:51 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:I imagine Spenny will be in and around the top 10, tough league next year with some good teams and big budgets. Spenny have a good team and finances to improve if need to.
Agreed, I think Spenny will have a top 10 budget and so I'd expect them to finish accordingly, not doing that would be underperforming. Will be interesting to see if Brad invests in bringing Brewery Field up to scratch for promotion. Think the plans were granted planning permission for extra seats in 2016. Hopefully they choose to level the pitch out at some point too.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:07 pm

JE93 wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:I imagine Spenny will be in and around the top 10, tough league next year with some good teams and big budgets. Spenny have a good team and finances to improve if need to.
Agreed, I think Spenny will have a top 10 budget and so I'd expect them to finish accordingly, not doing that would be underperforming. Will be interesting to see if Brad invests in bringing Brewery Field up to scratch for promotion. Think the plans were granted planning permission for extra seats in 2016. Hopefully they choose to level the pitch out at some point too.
Disagree.The Spenny team I watched in the playoffs will struggle in the National.I think they have signed a couple but it won't be enough.Unless of course Brad splashes the cash.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:52 am

Don't think you can judge a team on play off performances. One off, pressurised games, where it's all about winning. Would be very surprised if they are not somewhere around us this season.

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:56 am

Wouldn't be so sure about York, seem to be losing more players than was expected after the drop and a few who we're expected to sign have yet to commit. Only signed two so far in Rankine as backup for Parkin and a 34 year old keeper from Bradford PA.

I'm sure they'll be up in the top 10 somewhere by virtue of being full time if nothing else, but playoffs seems a more likely target at the moment.

EDIT: Added another two today, Louis Almond and Theo Wharton.
Last edited by Darlo_H on Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:57 pm

I'm genuinely not seeing a stand out favourite at the moment. Salford made a couple of big signings early on but seem to have followed that with several unknown quantities, perhaps because of this thing about having salfordians in the team? Im sure theyll be up there but they might just have the problem we've discussed before about being the smallest fish in the full time pond, rather than the biggest in part time.

As for the others, kiddy are hard to say, but they've lost their striker, Stockport must be up there one year but they've lost a 20-goal winger, York really ought not to be here, but that's not a guarantee of success, Harrogate I don't know, but they're just another nonentity who have struck rich really, so I'm sure they'll have their moment in the sun at some point, celebrating promotion with four supporters in Betty's tea rooms. We finished fifth with players who were all signed as upgrades on spenny players so logically you'd expect them to be lower, especially as Gray is a better manager than ainsley. Telford have just changed manager and may take a few wolves youngsters, but I don't really expect them to be up there. Chorley seem to be building organically so they may be there again - like curzon when we first met them.

I wouldn't really like to try and call it to be honest.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:55 pm

I'm calling it. Salford will win the league.

Liam Hogan alone is on more than £1k a week.

With that kind of money, they should walk this league. If they don't they should be massively disappointed.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY