Work on the pitch has started

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quakers83
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Work on the pitch has started

Post by Quakers83 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:13 am

On another note the pitch looks well and great to hear that the seats have been raised and that the dugouts are being moved back to improve visibility.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:36 am

Darlogramps wrote:
My opinion wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:Point = missed.

We don't need him. And now we're paying a player we don't need a wage while he's out injured.

And that money could be better spent on building the stand to erm, make us eligible for promotion.

So be as pedantic as you want (the fact you have to resort to pedantry shows how many times I've upset you by beating you in arguments).

It doesn't hide the fact that time is ticking to get the stand built, the fundraising has stopped, and we're wasting money on signing players we don't need.
HaHa
I new you would bite..
Totally expected comment from you as well.
Incidentally...The only way you win your arguments is by dragging the threads on and on and on and on until everyone is absolutely sick...You are so boring and predictable....
Go on, admit it and tell everyone you were wrong when you said " we've just bought a centre back we don't need,"
Bet you don't
Genuinely I didn't think people would get so wound up because someone said something on an internet forum. But your bizarre rant has proven everyone wrong. Seriously, get out of your bedsit and find a girl or take up a hobby.

I should have said "brought in" a centre back we don't need. The majority of people reading understood the point I was making, but if it upsets you so much I'll correct myself.

I've corrected myself before when wrong, so it's funny you've made a big deal out of it.

While we're on the subject of pedantry it's "knew you would bite" not "new".

Makes you look a fool if you get that wrong after lecturing me pedantically.

Now, are you going to offer any sort of worthwhile opinion on the waste of money Heaton is? Or are you going to be your usual self and seethe in your own bitterness about how I beat you in every argument?
First off...I am well past the stage of looking for a girl..My grandsons are doing that. Also, I have plenty of other things to do so don't need a hobby.

secondly You have never beaten anyone in an argument yet..To beat someone you have to change their opinion...All you do is keep writing your own opinion, over and over again, then you get personal. Then you tell them that they are bizarre or that their comment was bizarre. Obviously your favourite word.
Just because you have the last word does not mean you have won the argument..,

On the Heaton issue, Having not seen him play I know very little about him and don't know if he will improve the team or not.....Like you I think that the ground should take priority and MUST be up to the required level by March..Gray has a budget and if it's a case of one in one out then I hope that he moves someone on..
Heaton is unfortunate with his injury as was Wearmouth last season, but that is not the issue. I guess he will not be earning a great deal from his football if he is not playing, but don;t really know what his contract states.
Looking forward to your next comment cos I am sure there will be one...Even if it only to point out my incorrect spelling of a word or a grammatical error.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:39 am

It would be great to see some pics for us exiles who can't peep over the fence! I'm not sure it will help the new lad's confidence to be called a waste of money, bought, brought, transferred, purchased, moved or however else he arrived here. We all make mistakes when typing.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:18 am

Darlogramps wrote:We don't need him. And now we're paying a player we don't need a wage while he's out injured.
Not necessarily Gramps.

It's possible we might not be paying him. I don't think we paid Wearmouth while he was out of the picture, as a deal was agreed to. So you never know........
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:17 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:We don't need him. And now we're paying a player we don't need a wage while he's out injured.
Not necessarily Gramps.

It's possible we might not be paying him. I don't think we paid Wearmouth while he was out of the picture, as a deal was agreed to. So you never know........
Don't think you can equate the two. Wearmouth had a serious injury and was out for the season. Heaton will be out for six weeks.

So I'd be surprised if we weren't paying a wage to Heaton during his recovery.
don'tbuythesun wrote:It would be great to see some pics for us exiles who can't peep over the fence! I'm not sure it will help the new lad's confidence to be called a waste of money, bought, brought, transferred, purchased, moved or however else he arrived here. We all make mistakes when typing.
Don't see why it would affect his confidence. After all it's not a judgement on him as a player. More a reflection on whether we have the right priorities financially.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:38 pm

My opinion wrote: First off...I am well past the stage of looking for a girl..My grandsons are doing that. Also, I have plenty of other things to do so don't need a hobby.

secondly You have never beaten anyone in an argument yet..To beat someone you have to change their opinion...All you do is keep writing your own opinion, over and over again, then you get personal. Then you tell them that they are bizarre or that their comment was bizarre. Obviously your favourite word.

On the Heaton issue, Having not seen him play I know very little about him and don't know if he will improve the team or not.....Like you I think that the ground should take priority and MUST be up to the required level by March..Gray has a budget and if it's a case of one in one out then I hope that he moves someone on..
Heaton is unfortunate with his injury as was Wearmouth last season, but that is not the issue. I guess he will not be earning a great deal from his football if he is not playing, but don;t really know what his contract states.
Looking forward to your next comment cos I am sure there will be one...Even if it only to point out my incorrect spelling of a word or a grammatical error.
Forgive me, and I mean this in the nicest possible terms, you're coming across as very insecure. Replying to each of my throwaway insults and maintaining a repeated attack on my character.

All triggered because I said "bought" instead of "brought in". Evidently something I've said has got under your skin to trigger your bizarre (that word again) behaviour.

And I disagree on what constitutes "beating" someone. No one on here will ever change their minds publicly. To me it's who constructs the most plausible, reasoned argument. Can you get others who haven't taken a stance yet to agree with you?

Call me big-headed but I think my arguments are well put together. People may disagree with them, or take exception to how I communicate and defend them. But I believe I always justify myself. Then again, that's for others to judge.

That's why my arguments go on. After all, I can't debate with myself, so others are clearly responding. No one can say I don't provoke debate! If they respond, I have every right to answer back. You may find that boring, but then you don't have to read or reply if you don't want to.

I've enjoyed this chat. Quite therapeutic actually.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:47 pm

My opinion wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
My opinion wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:Point = missed.

We don't need him. And now we're paying a player we don't need a wage while he's out injured.

And that money could be better spent on building the stand to erm, make us eligible for promotion.

So be as pedantic as you want (the fact you have to resort to pedantry shows how many times I've upset you by beating you in arguments).

It doesn't hide the fact that time is ticking to get the stand built, the fundraising has stopped, and we're wasting money on signing players we don't need.
HaHa
I new you .
Totally expected comment from you as well.
Incidentally...The only way you win your arguments is by dragging the threads on and on and on and on until everyone is absolutely sick...You are so boring and predictable....
Go on, admit it and tell everyone you were wrong when you said " we've just bought a centre back we don't need,"
Bet you don't
Genuinely I didn't think people would get so wound up because someone said something on an internet forum. But your bizarre rant has proven everyone wrong. Seriously, get out of your bedsit and find a girl or take up a hobby.

I should have said "brought in" a centre back we don't need. The majority of people reading understood the point I was making, but if it upsets you so much I'll correct myself.

I've corrected myself before when wrong, so it's funny you've made a big deal out of it.

While we're on the subject of pedantry it's "knew you would bite" not "new".

Makes you look a fool if you get that wrong after lecturing me pedantically.

Now, are you going to offer any sort of worthwhile opinion on the waste of money Heaton is? Or are you going to be your usual self and seethe in your own bitterness about how I beat you in every argument?
First off...I am well past the stage of looking for a girl..My grandsons are doing that. Also, I have plenty of other things to do so don't need a hobby.

With the often shambolic defending last season we needed more options at the back. Some of last season's squad need to have a break and receive more effective defensive coaching that they can remember. Collins has been OK and Heaton was well rated by fans at reserves before his knock.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:08 pm

Neil Johnson wrote:Some of last season's squad need to have a break
I agree, they need a couple of months away from football. Between May and July seems a good idea to me :thumbup:

darlosince65

Post by darlosince65 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:10 pm

According to latest tweet from CS signing of Heaton has been delayed

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:11 pm

darlosince65 wrote:According to latest tweet from CS signing of Heaton has been delayed
Good news :thumbup:
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:24 pm

Hopefully just whilst he get's his collarbone fixed, too good a player not to sign.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:58 am

Getting back to the main topic of this thread - i.e. the Pitch

Has anyone conducted the Pitch Test on our newly installed Football Turf Pitch as per the NL requirements in Rule 23.4 (d)?

It says that a FIFA accredited field test institute shall provide to The Competition a Copy of their official report to FIFA immediately upon completion of the Pitch Test.

If we haven't, I can see this being used to beat us around the head / fine / expel us before we have kicked a ball at Blackwell Meadows :(

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:37 am

jjljks wrote:Getting back to the main topic of this thread - i.e. the Pitch

Has anyone conducted the Pitch Test on our newly installed Football Turf Pitch as per the NL requirements in Rule 23.4 (d)?

It says that a FIFA accredited field test institute shall provide to The Competition a Copy of their official report to FIFA immediately upon completion of the Pitch Test.

If we haven't, I can see this being used to beat us around the head / fine / expel us before we have kicked a ball at Blackwell Meadows :(
Doomed,doomed.We're all doomed. :(

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:45 pm

Spyman wrote:
darlosince65 wrote:According to latest tweet from CS signing of Heaton has been delayed
Good news :thumbup:
Cracking news - the lad now misses out on 2 months pay due to an injury. As he wont have a contract at Bamber Bridge or us.

He also might miss out on moving up the pyramid completely if the move is delayed.

It now also means that we have one less centre-half going in to the busiest part of the season.

Fantastic news, as you say though. :thumbup:

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:35 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
Spyman wrote:
Good news Image
Cracking news - the lad now misses out on 2 months pay due to an injury. As he wont have a contract at Bamber Bridge or us.

He also might miss out on moving up the pyramid completely if the move is delayed.

It now also means that we have one less centre-half going in to the busiest part of the season.

Fantastic news, as you say though. Image
Good news that we've not already committed to paying an injured player that we can't afford to commit to.

Obviously I wasn't suggesting his injury is good news, and you knew that, unless you're dense.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:58 pm

Spyman wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:
Spyman wrote:
Good news Image

Good news that we've not already committed to paying an injured player that we can't afford to commit to.

Obviously I wasn't suggesting his injury is good news, and you knew that, unless you're dense.

Martin Gray has talked in the past at forums about not paying Amar Purewal & Arran Wearmouth when injured (with the agreement of the player). Personally I think its wrong & contracts should be honoured, even if it is to the detriment of the squad / finances.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:01 am

Robbie Painter wrote:
Spyman wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:
Spyman wrote:
Good news Image

Martin Gray has talked in the past at forums about not paying Amar Purewal & Arran Wearmouth when injured (with the agreement of the player). Personally I think its wrong & contracts should be honoured, even if it is to the detriment of the squad / finances.
I completely agree - contracts should be honoured. It sounds like Heaton wasn't given a contract because he's injured for two months though, which is a lucky escape on our part.

Hopefully when he gets fit again we'll bring him in if its appropriate (ie we can move someone out).

DC

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:02 am

Emdubya wrote:
jjljks wrote:Getting back to the main topic of this thread - i.e. the Pitch

Doomed,doomed.We're all doomed. :(
But at least not as bad as Pools who will probably have a curse put on their pitch when they move the travellers on ;)

bga

Post by bga » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:12 pm

roadrunner wrote:Apparently the pitch won't be ready for the first two home games Gainsborough won't agree to switch the Wednesday night game but Alfreton have agreed to reverse the Saturday game.
So 4 away games to start the season , on the positive side the last time this happened back in the 80s we got promoted with 4 draws but it's 3 points for a win now.
roadrunner Hope your predictions about players in and out (to free up Budget) are more accurate than this was! :roll:

darlosince65

Post by darlosince65 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:54 pm

bga wrote:
roadrunner wrote:Apparently the pitch won't be ready for the first two home games Gainsborough won't agree to switch the Wednesday night game but Alfreton have agreed to reverse the Saturday game.
So 4 away games to start the season , on the positive side the last time this happened back in the 80s we got promoted with 4 draws but it's 3 points for a win now.
roadrunner Hope your predictions about players in and out (to free up Budget) are more accurate than this was! :roll:
I wonder ??

bga

Post by bga » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:31 am

Let's hope we ironed out those uneven bumps from last season!
https://worthingfc.com/2017/08/08/club- ... a-testing/
Interesting that FIFA are involved I guess that is because Worthing did use an accredited supplier. You have to have some sympathy for them and their loyal supporters.

Henley

Post by Henley » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:16 am

bga wrote:Let's hope we ironed out those uneven bumps from last season!
https://worthingfc.com/2017/08/08/club- ... a-testing/
Interesting that FIFA are involved I guess that is because Worthing did use an accredited supplier. You have to have some sympathy for them and their loyal supporters.
Worthing's local to me - wasn't aware they had a 3G pitch.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:32 am

Robbie Painter wrote:
Spyman wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:
Spyman wrote:
Good news Image

I agree with you on this in principle although Wearmouth was slightly different IMO seeing as his injury was inflicted whilst playing for his previous club but was misdiagnosed.