Admission prices

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Spyman
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Admission prices

Post by Spyman » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:04 am

bertbanger wrote:£14 is going to put a fair few off, its more like conference premier prices
Nonsense.

Last season the average cheapest National League (Conference Premier) was £15.73. Most expensive averaged £17.46. So you'd assume the average average would be something like £16.50.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37985286

An incremental price rise of about £2 per division seems reasonable to me when you think about the standard you're watching and the extra running costs.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:48 am

General adult admission prices for 2017/18 season:

£15.00 Stockport County
£15.00 York City
£14.00 AFC Telford Utd
£14.00 Alfreton Town
£14.00 Bradford Park Avenue
£14.00 Kidderminster Harriers
£14.00 Nuneaton Town
£13.50 Southport
£13.00 Boston United
£13.00 Harrogate Town
£12.00 Blyth Spartans
£12.00 Brackley Town
£12.00 Chorley
£12.00 Curzon Ashton
£12.00 Gainsborough Trinity
£12.00 Leamington
£12.00 North Ferriby United
£12.00 Spennymoor Town
£12.00 Tamworth
£10.00 FC United Of Manchester
£10.00 Salford City

----

Also for stattos: Longest trip - Brackley Town (200 miles). Shortest - Spennymoor (19 miles). Average 119 miles.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:50 pm

Spyman wrote:...

Last season the average cheapest National League (Conference Premier) was £15.73. Most expensive averaged £17.46. So you'd assume the average average would be something like £16.50.

Not sure I understand the figures you quoted

how do you get an averaged cheapest and an average most expensive figure?

What figures have you averaged?

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:57 pm

Well I'd imagine it's, primarily, where clubs have different ticket prices for standing and seating (although could of course be different stands, pre-buying discounts, etc.)

E.g. when we were last in the conference, our cheapest ticket was (I think) £16, and the most expensive was £18.

So the average cheapest ticket = the average of all clubs cheapest adult ticket. Average most expensive ticket = the average of all clubs most expensive adult ticket.

As has been shown by the figures for ticket prices in this league, our tickets are far from extortionate. Top half Conference North prices - which is exactly where we will be aiming in the table.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:32 pm

spen666 wrote:
Spyman wrote:...

Not sure I understand the figures you quoted

how do you get an averaged cheapest and an average most expensive figure?

What figures have you averaged?
They're not my figures, I've put the link in for reference.

Most clubs have different priced sections, for example it costs more to sit than stand etc. The average of the lowest price section available at a ground was £15.73 and the average of the highest section available was £17.46.

That's not that hard to get your head around is it, especially for someone who is legally trained?

edit: Al beat me to it. Must be a trained accountant to have deciphered the extremely complicated figures involved.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:54 pm

Robbie Painter wrote:General adult admission prices for 2017/18 season:

£15.00 Stockport County
£15.00 York City
£14.00 AFC Telford Utd
£14.00 Alfreton Town
£14.00 Nuneaton Town
£13.50 Southport
£13.00 Boston United
£13.00 Harrogate Town
£12.00 Blyth Spartans
£12.00 Brackley Town
£12.00 Chorley
£12.00 Curzon Ashton
£12.00 Leamington
£12.00 Spennymoor Town
£12.00 Tamworth
£10.00 Salford City

----

Also for stattos: Longest trip - Brackley Town (200 miles). Shortest - Spennymoor (19 miles). Average 119 miles.
Isn't it £7 for Sal£ord???

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:08 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Robbie Painter wrote:General adult admission prices for 2017/18 season:

£15.00 Stockport County
£15.00 York City
£14.00 AFC Telford Utd
£14.00 Alfreton Town
£14.00 Nuneaton Town
£13.50 Southport
£13.00 Boston United
£13.00 Harrogate Town
£12.00 Blyth Spartans
£12.00 Brackley Town
£12.00 Chorley
£12.00 Curzon Ashton
£12.00 Leamington
£12.00 Spennymoor Town
£12.00 Tamworth
£10.00 Salford City

----

Isn't it £7 for Sal£ord???
No

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/salfordci ... 91268.html

Feethams 1966

Post by Feethams 1966 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:10 pm

Admission prices have always reflected the times we live in. When I started watching Darlington it cost me two bob to get in. That's two shillings - (or 10 pence today) but was still a fair chunk at the time.
Nowadays, as big a factor for me as admission when considering which matches to attend, is the distance, ease and cost of travel from Wensleydale to Darlington. In those days when it cost two shillings to get in, I could catch trains to and from Richmond. Not any more; Beeching spoiled that.
There must be others, like me, who have to weigh up additional factors if they don't live in town.
I don't think the new admision prices are too bad, but as others have pointed out, the age 62 concept as of 1st September is faintly bonkers. I look forward to being 62 in February.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:34 pm

Spyman wrote:.....

Most clubs have different priced sections, for example it costs more to sit than stand etc. The average of the lowest price section available at a ground was £15.73 and the average of the highest section available was £17.46.

That's not that hard to get your head around is it, especially for someone who is legally trained?

edit: Al beat me to it. Must be a trained accountant to have deciphered the extremely complicated figures involved.

The link did not give the figures you had quoted. It gave figures for each club and rather than assume what you were talking about, I used my legal and accounting knowledge and actually sought to clarify the figures.

As you know assuming makes an ass out of you and me.

Sorry if its too sensible of me to simply ask which figures you were averaging. Clearly ignorance and conjecture are far more appropriate than certainty

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:02 pm

spen666 wrote:

The link did not give the figures you had quoted. It gave figures for each club and rather than assume what you were talking about, I used my legal and accounting knowledge and actually sought to clarify the figures.

Sorry if its too sensible of me to simply ask which figures you were averaging. Clearly ignorance and conjecture are far more appropriate than certainty
No need to assume, you can just read instead - best way to clarify is to read the information presented to you in full.

Paragraph 5:

"Matchday tickets have remained almost the same price, with the average cheapest ticket costing £15.73 and the average most expensive ticket coming in at £17.46".

The link doesn't contain 'figures for each club' at all. Did you even open the link?

I can't believe anyone would actually pay you to carry out legal work for them if this is the level of diligence you apply.

Actually, having just dealt with a solicitor for a property sale, I can absolutely believe it.

DC

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:14 pm

Feethams 1966 wrote:Admission prices have always reflected the times we live in. When I started watching Darlington it cost me two bob to get in. That's two shillings - (or 10 pence today) but was still a fair chunk at the time.
Nowadays, as big a factor for me as admission when considering which matches to attend, is the distance, ease and cost of travel from Wensleydale to Darlington. In those days when it cost two shillings to get in, I could catch trains to and from Richmond. Not any more; Beeching spoiled that.
There must be others, like me, who have to weigh up additional factors if they don't live in town.
I don't think the new admision prices are too bad, but as others have pointed out, the age 62 concept as of 1st September is faintly bonkers. I look forward to being 62 in February.
Feethams, someone gave me an old DFC programme recently. It is dated Weds 5th Sept 1962, V Chesterfield, and I suspect this might be about the time you first saw games? There is no match entry price, however the programme price was 3d, and the only names familiar to me on the team sheet are Mr Greener and a Mr Robson.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:44 pm

Not complaining about the prices at all but when we're making comparisons with other clubs we need to also consider the facilities on offer as well as the playing standard.

At this moment in time we're well behind on that front. Not a criticism of the prices but something we should remember when we're comparing attendances during the season.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:23 pm

And if we don't keep prices up we'll struggle to raise the standard. It's Catch 22, isn't it? I'm sure Spen will clarify it for us, all in good time

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:24 pm

m62exile wrote:Not complaining about the prices at all but when we're making comparisons with other clubs we need to also consider the facilities on offer as well as the playing standard.

At this moment in time we're well behind on that front. Not a criticism of the prices but something we should remember when we're comparing attendances during the season.
We finished 5th. What's wrong with the playing standard?

I've not visited many grounds at our current level so can't comment on facilities but BM didn't strike me as much poorer than any of the grounds I visited when we were last in the conference.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

DC

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:04 pm

Spyman wrote:
m62exile wrote:Not complaining about the prices at all but when we're making comparisons with other clubs we need to also consider the facilities on offer as well as the playing standard.

We finished 5th. What's wrong with the playing standard?

I've not visited many grounds at our current level so can't comment on facilities but BM didn't strike me as much poorer than any of the grounds I visited when we were last in the conference.

There nothing at all wrong with the playing standard, but where we are at the moment the facilities we have are some way short of the clubs at the top of the admission charts. That's not a criticism of anyone or anything, it's just a statement of the obvious.

That may not bother the likes of you and me one jot, but it's not the likes of me and you we're trying to attract. So when we're comparing admission prices and subsequent attendances, we should consider that before getting too frustrated IMO.

As said above, it's a bit of a catch 22.

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:25 am

spen666 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Couldn't even get the assume part right, never mind the rest.

What a plonker.
Think before posting

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:50 am

BUSHEAD wrote:
spen666 wrote:

Image Image Image

Couldn't even get the assume part right, never mind the rest.

What a plonker.
Assumong would be more apt.

DC

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:27 pm

I was not complaining at 62 yrs as I was 62 in may