Missing £5000

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

en passant
Team Supported: Darlington

Missing £5000

Post by en passant » Thu May 25, 2017 8:35 am

After yesterday's news that MG is staying put I would have thought that this would create extra momentum for the fund raising, but having gone into the DFCSG fundraising page this morning I've found that £5000 appears to have been taken out of the seating fund. In view of the still enormous amount of money that still needs to be raised (wrongly stated in the NE to be £100,000) we really need to see this pitch going forward with a bit of momentum, and not in the other direction. I hope this is just a glitch in the system and not a genuine withdrawal of the money.

divas

Re: Missing £5000

Post by divas » Thu May 25, 2017 9:12 am

No glitch I'm afraid. Let's just say when I saw the £5K pledged I questioned whether it would be fulfilled. Rather it's removed now than when we come to collect

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu May 25, 2017 9:26 am

Shame that it wasn't genuine.

The fundraising seems to have stalled. Hopefully we haven't run out of people who are willing to invest in Blackwell Meadows, and hopefully there will be another surge after pay day. It's been a wonderful effort so far, but it's going to take an awful long time to get where we want to get to if only 144 people are able to support the infrastructure fundraising.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu May 25, 2017 10:18 am

al_quaker wrote:Shame that it wasn't genuine.

The fundraising seems to have stalled. Hopefully we haven't run out of people who are willing to invest in Blackwell Meadows, and hopefully there will be another surge after pay day. It's been a wonderful effort so far, but it's going to take an awful long time to get where we want to get to if only 144 people are able to support the infrastructure fundraising.
Hopefully we maintain enough of a playing budget now for Martin Gray to maintain an attractive team to watch which will gradually draw more fans in throughout the season and finances grow through that route rather than just calls for money.

Increase the attendance by 200 and straight away that's an extra £2,000.

Once we get the new stand built then in turn hopefully we can give bigger crowds a better experience and sustain them rather than the big one off boost we had at Xmas which resulted in a lot not coming back because of a poor experience.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

H1987

Post by H1987 » Thu May 25, 2017 10:26 am

Have naming rights for the stand been offered out? It could be an easy way to raise some cash.

X amount = naming rights and appropriate signage / match day mentions for x years.

Maybe reach out to former sponsors in recent years? The Glenwood Paints stand / Northern Echo stand...? Your money up front buys you this name for X years.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu May 25, 2017 10:34 am

Spyman wrote: Hopefully we maintain enough of a playing budget now for Martin Gray to maintain an attractive team to watch which will gradually draw more fans in throughout the season and finances grow through that route rather than just calls for money.

Increase the attendance by 200 and straight away that's an extra £2,000.

Once we get the new stand built then in turn hopefully we can give bigger crowds a better experience and sustain them rather than the big one off boost we had at Xmas which resulted in a lot not coming back because of a poor experience.
All true, but to build the new stand we need a big cash injection from somewhere, and that's going to have to come from the fans.

If only approx. 10% of our fan base are able to put decent sized chunks into the pot then that's going to take a long time to raise the required money.

Of course, I hope I'm wrong and it's just a summer lull.
H1987 wrote:Have naming rights for the stand been offered out? It could be an easy way to raise some cash.
Was mentioned at the fans forum that the club were discussing this with somebody. No idea what the progress is.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu May 25, 2017 10:57 am

al_quaker wrote: All true, but to build the new stand we need a big cash injection from somewhere, and that's going to have to come from the fans.

If only approx. 10% of our fan base are able to put decent sized chunks into the pot then that's going to take a long time to raise the required money.

Of course, I hope I'm wrong and it's just a summer lull.

The stand doesn't need to be complete until 31st March - funding could come from increased gate receipts throughout the first part of the season. 10 home games with an extra 200 through the gates would be about £20k. Not enough, but a big dent in what is required.

I guess what I'm saying, is that I hope any upturn in gate receipts are funnelled straight into ground improvements rather than playing budget.
Last edited by Spyman on Thu May 25, 2017 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

en passant

Post by en passant » Thu May 25, 2017 11:07 am

divas wrote:No glitch I'm afraid. Let's just say when I saw the £5K pledged I questioned whether it would be fulfilled. Rather it's removed now than when we come to collect
Shame to hear that we are suddenly back such a huge step. As you say better we find out where we stand asap, but the fact that this can happen does lead to a unstable position re funding and lowers the perception of being able to meet our targets.

As others have observed we seem to be in a bit of a lull at the moment, probably not helped by understandable distractions for hard earned cash like family holidays.

Although the promise of a large donation from RS was ultimately shunned due to quite obvious concerns over where this would lead, it is still clear that a sizeable donation from somewhere would still be most welcome and would hopefully galvanise the rest of the fund raising push.

Probably a totally dumb idea, but I did wonder to whom the seats would be allocated if and when the stand was built. Would it be of any value to getting people to think about donating in larger sums to promise them a seat for a certain level of investment - say £750+ gets you a guaranteed place in the stand? I know that may be a potentially devisive idea but short of a waiting for a white knight investor to turn up what other ways could be used to encourage larger sums to be donated?

JE93

Post by JE93 » Thu May 25, 2017 11:26 am

Spyman has hit the nail on the head for me.

An extra 250 fans through the door spending an average of £10 on a match day is worth £52,500 over a season.

If we can get a business to sponsor the open end of BM. eg Maybe Reg Vardy as the roundabout is just behind for say £10k. Then they are mentioned every match day, in the programme and on Kev's brilliant highlights = 10's of thousands of views a season. Any business that donates over £2k will get a square in the matchday programme and entered into a prize draw for 2 hospitality tickets for each home game. Total £30k

A back of shirt sponsor or training kit sponsor for say £10k. Hopefully both for £20k.

Getting through 2 rounds of both the FA cup and FA trophy would produce about £30k in prize money alone let alone any gate receipts.

A golden goal comp every home game. 100 tickets x £1. with £50 for the winner. that would be £50 per game x 21 = £1,050.

I we as fans could bring all those things to fruition that would realise £143k in extra revenue. We need to be exploiting commercial revenues to the absolute max rather than putting pressure on fans to dispose of their personal income for no return.

The Equalizer

Post by The Equalizer » Thu May 25, 2017 2:08 pm

JE93 wrote:Spyman has hit the nail on the head for me.

An extra 250 fans through the door spending an average of £10 on a match day is worth £52,500 over a season.

If we can get a business to sponsor the open end of BM. eg Maybe Reg Vardy as the roundabout is just behind for say £10k. Then they are mentioned every match day, in the programme and on Kev's brilliant highlights = 10's of thousands of views a season. Any business that donates over £2k will get a square in the matchday programme and entered into a prize draw for 2 hospitality tickets for each home game. Total £30k

A back of shirt sponsor or training kit sponsor for say £10k. Hopefully both for £20k.

Getting through 2 rounds of both the FA cup and FA trophy would produce about £30k in prize money alone let alone any gate receipts.

A golden goal comp every home game. 100 tickets x £1. with £50 for the winner. that would be £50 per game x 21 = £1,050.

I we as fans could bring all those things to fruition that would realise £143k in extra revenue. We need to be exploiting commercial revenues to the absolute max rather than putting pressure on fans to dispose of their personal income for no return.
All great ideas but ones which take time and serious effort to realise. I know that this board is a great ideas forum and that there are a lot of exiles on here but:

1: Are people forwarding these to the board for consideration

2: Are people volunteering to assist and realise these ideas.

I don't know the exact volunteer set of the club or the supporters group but would suggest that both could do with having their numbers boosted to spread the workload / allow more commercial avenues to be pursued

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

JE93

Post by JE93 » Thu May 25, 2017 2:34 pm

The Equalizer wrote:

All great ideas but ones which take time and serious effort to realise. I know that this board is a great ideas forum and that there are a lot of exiles on here but:

I don't know the exact volunteer set of the club or the supporters group but would suggest that both could do with having their numbers boosted to spread the workload / allow more commercial avenues to be pursued

Thanks for the comment and I agree with you. I work and live in London now, so not able to offer my time on match days and I thought this made me useless as a volunteer. I have put various amounts of money in to different appeals over the years but never time because outside of the match day stuff (which is geographically not possible) I didn't know what I could do.

Following the Raj Singh approach and rejection I was inspired to do more. So I simply used the portal on the supporters group website ( http://www.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/contact.php ) described my education and job role. I got a personal response from Neil Raper asking for some further information and was advised that they are currently writing up some role descriptors for resource they need within the club. I'm looking forward to hearing from Neil again in the coming weeks on what use I can be. I would encourage anyone to do the same. We are the club now, everything we can put in from money to time matters. We are the ones who will make it a success or failure. So lets make it a success.

murtonquaker
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo

Post by murtonquaker » Fri May 26, 2017 6:28 am

JE93 wrote:
The Equalizer wrote:

Thanks for the comment and I agree with you. I work and live in London now, so not able to offer my time on match days and I thought this made me useless as a volunteer. I have put various amounts of money in to different appeals over the years but never time because outside of the match day stuff (which is geographically not possible) I didn't know what I could do.

Following the Raj Singh approach and rejection I was inspired to do more. So I simply used the portal on the supporters group website ( http://www.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/contact.php ) described my education and job role. I got a personal response from Neil Raper asking for some further information and was advised that they are currently writing up some role descriptors for resource they need within the club. I'm looking forward to hearing from Neil again in the coming weeks on what use I can be. I would encourage anyone to do the same. We are the club now, everything we can put in from money to time matters. We are the ones who will make it a success or failure. So lets make it a success.
I have done the same...

Been communicating with the SG about opportunities and possibilities and hope to hear something in the coming days and weeks

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Fri May 26, 2017 9:18 pm

The Equalizer wrote:All great ideas but ones which take time and serious effort to realise. I know that this board is a great ideas forum and that there are a lot of exiles on here but:

1) They're being collated (the ones in this thread certainly have) and will be made available to the DFCSG board before the next board meeting.

2) Probably to be assigned to the relevant board members to look at, or passed over to the club's commercial department if something's a better fit for the club to look into.

Things could get missed on here so the DFCSG website contact form is the only sure-fire way to make sure that ideas go directly to the board, currently.

Please make sure that you enter your correct email address on the form if you want a reply. If you don't get an automatic acknowledgement after submitting the form then that's usually caused by an incorrect email address being entered.

http://dfcsg.co.uk/contact.php?c=Fundraising

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:25 am

Just to confirm that the fundraising ideas above have been passed on to the board, so we may yet come to know the open end as "The Reg Vardy End".

Please remember that while a forum is the best place to bounce ideas around (don't stop!) the DFCSG website contact form is the best way to bring them to the attention of the board so please take the bull by the horns if you see something which you think is a great idea...

http://dfcsg.co.uk/contact

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:33 am

Mr_Tibbs wrote:Just to confirm that the fundraising ideas above have been passed on to the board, so we may yet come to know the open end as "The Reg Vardy End".

Please remember that while a forum is the best place to bounce ideas around (don't stop!) the DFCSG website contact form is the best way to bring them to the attention of the board so please take the bull by the horns if you see something which you think is a great idea...

A slight problem might be that Reg Vardy disappeared years ago.The Evans Halshaw end might stand a chance though ;)

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:48 pm

Emdubya wrote:
Mr_Tibbs wrote:Just to confirm that the fundraising ideas above have been passed on to the board, so we may yet come to know the open end as "The Reg Vardy End".

A slight problem might be that Reg Vardy disappeared years ago.The Evans Halshaw end might stand a chance though ;)
I'm blaming JE93 for making me look stoopid (that's not too hard)

http://www.darlofc.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... 12#p406412

but it shows you how far behind the times I am - I've never even heard of Evans Halshaw :lol:

I remember it when it was the Cleveland Car Company, though I wonder if we have anyone who remembers how it used to look before they built the new one?

http://dre.durham.gov.uk/pgDre.aspx?&SE ... ID=DRE9736

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:08 pm

I heard that you needed to cancel your pledge to increase it. I am also informed by DFCSG that investments in community shares are no longer limited to £5,000 as per some document that was showed to members in the past.

Seems like someone has just upped their investment.