Provisional League

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

JE93
Team Supported: Darlington

Provisional League

Post by JE93 » Sun May 14, 2017 9:14 am

Provisional league allocations have been released for next year. Initially the league have Gloucester moving south with Brackley remaining in the league. League would look as below.

National League North
1 AFC Telford United // 1750
2 Alfreton Town // 1600
3 Blyth Spartans // 2250
4 Boston United // 2000
5 Brackley Town // 1500
6 Bradford Park Avenue // 1500
7 Chorley FC // 1750
8 Curzon Ashton // 1500
9 Darlington FC -
10 FC United of Manchester //2000
11 Gainsborough Trinity // 1500
12 Harrogate Town // 2000
13 Kidderminster Harriers // 2000
14 Leamington FC // 1500
15 North Ferriby United // 1600
16 Nuneaton Town // 1600
17 Salford City // 2000
18 Southport FC // 1750
19 Spennymoor Town // 2500
20 Stockport County // 2000
21 Tamworth FC // 1750
22 York City // 3000

Next to each game I've put what i hope a realistic attendance would be. This would get us to an average attendance of 1,900. If we can do even more and push that up to a season average of 2000, then 250 people extra per game, spending an average of £10 each (ticket, programme, 50/50 ticket).

£10 x 250 = £2,500 per game
£2,500 x 21 = £52,500 per season

This combined with the money that is currently in the boost the budget fund, would pay for our budget deficit. Food for thought, while we have been asking money for nothing from committed fans who have put in before. If 1 in 7 our average attendance could drag an adult mate long each week we would average 2000 attendances and have an extra £50k in the budget.

TDS

Re: Provisional League

Post by TDS » Sun May 14, 2017 12:08 pm

I know the board are probably busy with other things at the moment, but I'd like to see what impact moving back has had to the finances, other than attendance predictions as you've done above.

50/50 is stronger than ever, we get 50% of the profit on beer now I believe whereas we didn't get a penny at Bishop, so that should help us. Car parking is up and corporate sales must be too.

In recent years we've over estimated our attendances slightly which has caused us problems close-season. I think next year we can safely expect some sell-outs and large away attendances however.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sun May 14, 2017 7:23 pm

TDS wrote:I know the board are probably busy with other things at the moment, but I'd like to see what impact moving back has had to the finances, other than attendance predictions as you've done above.

50/50 is stronger than ever, we get 50% of the profit on beer now I believe whereas we didn't get a penny at Bishop, so that should help us. Car parking is up and corporate sales must be too.

In recent years we've over estimated our attendances slightly which has caused us problems close-season. I think next year we can safely expect some sell-outs and large away attendances however.
Posted on here before it would be good to see a zero based budget for this coming season.As you say other things on but think it may show things are brighter than we think or at least show us what really needs to be raised.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun May 14, 2017 7:27 pm

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
TDS wrote:I know the board are probably busy with other things at the moment, but I'd like to see what impact moving back has had to the finances, other than attendance predictions as you've done above.

Posted on here before it would be good to see a zero based budget for this coming season.As you say other things on but think it may show things are brighter than we think or at least show us what really needs to be raised.

What do you mean by a zero based budget?

It seems to mean different things to different people and different businesses mean different things by it

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun May 14, 2017 7:41 pm

Glad to see we haven't planned for a magic Cup run :o

Bonus if we did have one, it is somewhat overdue....

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sun May 14, 2017 8:39 pm

I mean this is well and good, and i don't disagree with the figures individually.... but some will be midweek games... if we go on a crappy run that could change attendances too...

I think you'd have to budget for less and what you get is a bonus. What a great looking league though. Lots to look forward to next year.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Mon May 15, 2017 7:50 pm

spen666 wrote:
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:

It seems to mean different things to different people and different businesses mean different things by it
I mean as a clean piece of paper,questioning every expense as if it was a new start up.

Obviously a lot of expense at BM is now known and we now have a much better idea how incomes will appear so it would be interesting to see a budget.

Just not sure we have a handle on this yet and think its important as a start point at this time.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue May 16, 2017 8:28 am

JE93 wrote:Provisional league allocations have been released for next year. Initially the league have Gloucester moving south with Brackley remaining in the league. League would look as below.

National League North
1 AFC Telford United // 1750
2 Alfreton Town // 1600
3 Blyth Spartans // 2250
4 Boston United // 2000
5 Brackley Town // 1500
6 Bradford Park Avenue // 1500
7 Chorley FC // 1750
8 Curzon Ashton // 1500
9 Darlington FC -
10 FC United of Manchester //2000
11 Gainsborough Trinity // 1500
12 Harrogate Town // 2000
13 Kidderminster Harriers // 2000
14 Leamington FC // 1500
15 North Ferriby United // 1600
16 Nuneaton Town // 1600
17 Salford City // 2000
18 Southport FC // 1750
19 Spennymoor Town // 2500
20 Stockport County // 2000
21 Tamworth FC // 1750
22 York City // 3000

Next to each game I've put what i hope a realistic attendance would be. This would get us to an average attendance of 1,900. If we can do even more and push that up to a season average of 2000, then 250 people extra per game, spending an average of £10 each (ticket, programme, 50/50 ticket).

£10 x 250 = £2,500 per game
£2,500 x 21 = £52,500 per season

This combined with the money that is currently in the boost the budget fund, would pay for our budget deficit. Food for thought, while we have been asking money for nothing from committed fans who have put in before. If 1 in 7 our average attendance could drag an adult mate long each week we would average 2000 attendances and have an extra £50k in the budget.
Good article, although I think you have under estimated our crowds against Blyth & Spennymoor, which I would both expect to be close to 3000. Of course our attendances will be greatly be affected by how we do on the pitch. Do well and those estimates could be on the cautious side, do poorly and they may be over optimistic.

JamesDarlo

Post by JamesDarlo » Tue May 16, 2017 3:28 pm

Great post, but the variable of certain occasions will be big factor on the numbers. Whether we get bank holiday home fixtures, eg boxing day, new years day, etc.

Big games on bank holidays might push towards attendances closer to 2500-3000 if we get someone like York, Blyth or Spennymoor. Then again if we don't have home games on these days it could be a loss of potential revenue. Let's all pray fixture list is kind to us this year - and as little postponements as possible.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Tue May 16, 2017 3:44 pm

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
spen666 wrote:
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:

I mean as a clean piece of paper,questioning every expense as if it was a new start up.

Obviously a lot of expense at BM is now known and we now have a much better idea how incomes will appear so it would be interesting to see a budget.

Just not sure we have a handle on this yet and think its important as a start point at this time.

Thanks for that explanation. I understand what you were saying now.