Thoughts on investment.

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

exiled fan
Team Supported: Darlington

Thoughts on investment.

Post by exiled fan » Sat May 13, 2017 4:09 pm

Sure what I type has probably been covered, but as a fan for over 40 years these are my reactions and thoughts.
The image of that man owning even 1% of my club would have been enough to make me finally walk away. Have you all forgotten what he did and how he left the club for dead? Why didn't he just hand the name thing back 5 years ago? He kept it purely out of spite. unless someone can show me a reasonable explanation of course.
Why wait 5 years before trying to become involved? was it because under fa rules he would be found to be unfit before now? Or because he has a ulterior motive as he had last time round?
If he wanted purely to help the playing side why not gift the money with no strings? He could have had his cheap publicity and healed a lot of wounds.
Martin. Well thanks for the last five years but you have shown by your dealings in this that you have no respect for the board or fans your ego and ambition is more important to you than Dfc so I won't shed a tear to see you spit your dummy out (again) and walk away.

Neil Johnson

Re: Thoughts on investment.

Post by Neil Johnson » Sat May 13, 2017 4:27 pm

I can forgive MG for a lot, but it was naive to expect Darlo fans to hand over their club to unreliable fantasy peddlers.

Feethams 1966

Post by Feethams 1966 » Sat May 13, 2017 6:09 pm

(Quote:)
Martin. Well thanks for the last five years but you have shown by your dealings in this that you have no respect for the board or fans your ego and ambition is more important to you than Dfc so I won't shed a tear to see you spit your dummy out (again) and walk away.[/quote]

Sorry to disagree (and I think the majority will back me up). We need Martin. He has a job to do and is two thirds of the way through it. I'd be devastated if he left. This time next year, if we're in the play offs and those bloody seats are there, all this lot will have been forgotten. MG is the man for me; don't want anybody else. But I wish he'd make a statement and nail his colours to the mast.

JamesDarlo

Post by JamesDarlo » Sat May 13, 2017 6:25 pm

Feethams 1966 wrote:
Martin. Well thanks for the last five years but you have shown by your dealings in this that you have no respect for the board or fans your ego and ambition is more important to you than Dfc so I won't shed a tear to see you spit your dummy out (again) and walk away.
Sorry to disagree (and I think the majority will back me up). We need Martin. He has a job to do and is two thirds of the way through it. I'd be devastated if he left. This time next year, if we're in the play offs and those bloody seats are there, all this lot will have been forgotten. MG is the man for me; don't want anybody else. But I wish he'd make a statement and nail his colours to the mast.
:clap:

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sat May 13, 2017 6:26 pm

Feethams 1966 wrote:(Quote:)
Sorry to disagree (and I think the majority will back me up). We need Martin. He has a job to do and is two thirds of the way through it. I'd be devastated if he left. This time next year, if we're in the play offs and those bloody seats are there, all this lot will have been forgotten. MG is the man for me; don't want anybody else. But I wish he'd make a statement and nail his colours to the mast.[/quote]

Agree with that Feethams, I do believe that the vast majority are right behind MG and want him to stay, it will be real blow to the club if he decides to go.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat May 13, 2017 6:30 pm

The DFCSG statement says that discussions will be had with the management team next week about going forward. Hopefully MG can be convinced then.

exiled fan

Post by exiled fan » Sat May 13, 2017 6:34 pm

To clarify. Yes MG has done a fantastic job to date. I would not like to see him leave, but the way he has conducted himself over this investment has left me very wary of his true motivation. Guess that's part of being a Darlo fan looking for ulterior motives in everyone after the shaftings we've took over the years

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat May 13, 2017 7:13 pm

exiled fan wrote:To clarify. Yes MG has done a fantastic job to date. I would not like to see him leave, but the way he has conducted himself over this investment has left me very wary of his true motivation. Guess that's part of being a Darlo fan looking for ulterior motives in everyone after the shaftings we've took over the years
What's wrong with wanting our club to progress on the field, MG is ambitious and is the ideal manager to take us forward irrespective of what happened at the FF.He has to stay without doubt, the last 5 years has been brilliant.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

meadowlark

Post by meadowlark » Sat May 13, 2017 7:48 pm

This, and the other similar threads, is becoming boringly repetitive. I think we all need to just take a step back for a while, see what develops within the club over the next few days, and meanwhile keep the fundraisers climbing.

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by grimsbyquaker » Sun May 14, 2017 7:28 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
exiled fan wrote:To clarify. Yes MG has done a fantastic job to date. I would not like to see him leave, but the way he has conducted himself over this investment has left me very wary of his true motivation. Guess that's part of being a Darlo fan looking for ulterior motives in everyone after the shaftings we've took over the years
What's wrong with wanting our club to progress on the field, MG is ambitious and is the ideal manager to take us forward irrespective of what happened at the FF.He has to stay without doubt, the last 5 years has been brilliant.

Bang on as usual Ron

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun May 14, 2017 7:36 pm

grimsbyquaker wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

Bang on as usual Ron
Thanks Nick, got to stay positive, my glass is always half full, fingers crossed Martin gets a decent budget, keeps the squad intact, bring in 3 quality signings and confident we will be up there next season.Up the Quakers.