Other investors

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Allan Quatermain
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Other investors

Post by Allan Quatermain » Tue May 16, 2017 12:20 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:
roadrunner wrote:Two new investors in talks with the club apparently details to be released tomorrow
That came and went didn't it... :roll:
Perhaps they've already met with our board and the terms were ludicrous. Who knows it could have been something as stupid as offering a loan but wanting significant representation on the DFC board. If it were something as unacceptable as that I'd have no concerns about the DFCSG board dismissing it out of hand without needing to come to me and others to vote.

Of course there could be many other reasons why proposals are unacceptable this was just a 'plucked out the air' example.
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Tue May 16, 2017 12:26 pm

or there aren't any investors

or it's taken longer than expected

No point speculating until there is something concrete

shadwellman

Post by shadwellman » Tue May 16, 2017 1:13 pm

Where is roadrunner when you need him.

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Tue May 16, 2017 1:38 pm

The force is strong with Allan

roadrunner

Post by roadrunner » Tue May 16, 2017 3:24 pm

shadwellman wrote:Where is roadrunner when you need him.
Nothing to report other than I've put into the budget and got my season ticket for next season.
Come on let's bulk it up.

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Tue May 16, 2017 10:46 pm

roadrunner wrote:
Nothing to report other than I've put into the budget and got my season ticket for next season.
So what happened to the otherinvestor?

e4sby

Post by e4sby » Wed May 17, 2017 11:13 am

SwansQuaker83 wrote:
roadrunner wrote:
I don't think Allan is too far wrong with his explanation....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Wed May 17, 2017 3:29 pm

e4sby wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:
roadrunner wrote:
I don't think Allan is too far wrong with his explanation....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So ongoing?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed May 17, 2017 4:30 pm

I don't think he was saying anything was ongoing.

I think that he might have been suggesting that maybe there was other potential investors but maybe their offer was so ridiculous that maybe they were laughed out of the building.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed May 17, 2017 5:23 pm

Thinking about this, and the boost the budget pledges, it would he useful for the club to issue a statement on Martin Gray's future.

Fans are currently commiting donations to our playing budget for next season on the basis that Gray asked for this and threatened to walk away along with key players if we didn't meet his demands.

His investor has turned out to be a non-starter, fans are putting money in, possibly with the outcome of a falling short of his demands and him walking out.

Yes that money would go towards the next playing budget, but I wonder if people would be as generous had they known it would he given to an as yet unknown manager to spend.

While there are no guarantees either way, we at least know Martin Gray can put a good team together when he's given the money to do so.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Beano

Post by Beano » Wed May 17, 2017 5:36 pm

Spyman wrote:Thinking about this, and the boost the budget pledges, it would he useful for the club to issue a statement on Martin Gray's future.

Fans are currently commiting donations to our playing budget for next season on the basis that Gray asked for this and threatened to walk away along with key players if we didn't meet his demands.

His investor has turned out to be a non-starter, fans are putting money in, possibly with the outcome of a falling short of his demands and him walking out.

Yes that money would go towards the next playing budget, but I wonder if people would be as generous had they known it would he given to an as yet unknown manager to spend.

While there are no guarantees either way, we at least know Martin Gray can put a good team together when he's given the money to do so.

After comments made at the fans forum, and in the media post-Raj Singh, this would be wise. A fair few fans will be waiting to see how it is resolved before donating, and I am one.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed May 17, 2017 6:03 pm

I'm putting into the boost the budget in order to increase the budget for the manager, whoever that may turn out to be. Obviously I hope it's Gray, but whoever is in charge in August will need as much as we can reasonably provide.

In fact, once Gray commits then some people who are thinking of contributing to the boost the budget might NOT then do so. They might think it's job done, he's obviously happy with whatever figure he has at that time.

It probably suits not to say MG is staying right now, even if he's already decided to.

Whoever is wavering, get your money in soon.
Last edited by Quakerz on Wed May 17, 2017 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed May 17, 2017 6:12 pm

Some people might think I'm out of order for suggesting this - but if the budget matters so much then why don't the players who are staying, and management all chuck a couple of quid in?

There must be 25 of them at least. A tenner a month each I'm sure they wouldn't notice, that's £250 a month, or an extra £3,000 in the boost the budget for the season.

Think about this - it would be ABSOLUTELY MINT PR as well.

It would show how committed they all are to the club, and if fans read about that in the Echo, they couldn't help but be impressed and it might spur on another bunch of pledges, maybe even some extra pledges that never would have been made otherwise - getting us nearer that target.

All for one and one for all, and all that.

Feel free to shoot me down, I'm just saying!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed May 17, 2017 6:29 pm

Quakerz wrote:Some people might think I'm out of order for suggesting this - but if the budget matters so much then why don't the players who are staying, and management all chuck a couple of quid in?

There must be 25 of them at least. A tenner a month each I'm sure they wouldn't notice, that's £250 a month, or an extra £3,000 in the boost the budget for the season.

Think about this - it would be ABSOLUTELY MINT PR as well.

It would show how committed they all are to the club, and if fans read about that in the Echo, they couldn't help but be impressed and it might spur on another bunch of pledges, maybe even some extra pledges that never would have been made otherwise - getting us nearer that target.

All for one and one for all, and all that.

Feel free to shoot me down, I'm just saying!
Or they could all agree to stay on £10 less per week? Same difference to them - although the tax would he deductable so we'd save even more wouldn't we?

On your original point, yes we need to support any manager equally, I'm just saying we know Gray overall has managed not to waste money - he's got results with what he's had (albeit more than we can afford).

Another manager without that track record behind him might make me more cautious about donating money until he's shown he knows a good player when he sees one.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed May 17, 2017 11:06 pm

I think once Gray commits to the club, it will give a big boost to the playing budget appeal.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu May 18, 2017 9:10 am

The silence is deafening from these 'investors' and would have liked to have had something by way of clarification from MG on his position in their absence. Any chance of an appearance and declaration at the SGM?

Magical Quakers

Post by Magical Quakers » Thu May 18, 2017 9:24 am

Whilst not saying there are no investors, they have only been two posts (one on the Echo and one here) from people saying there are still other people interested.

I think we should forget this as a distraction, which hopefully most people have already, and move onwards and upwards!

I agree it would be good for MG to come out and state his position.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Thu May 18, 2017 9:54 am

Magical Quakers wrote:Whilst not saying there are no investors, they have only been two posts (one on the Echo and one here) from people saying there are still other people interested.

I think we should forget this as a distraction, which hopefully most people have already, and move onwards and upwards!

I agree it would be good for MG to come out and state his position.
Totally agree.Until we hear something to the contrary there are no investors,it's down to us to raise the funds to move us on.