Its here the investment

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quakerz
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Its here the investment

Post by Quakerz » Tue May 09, 2017 9:02 pm

onewayup wrote:If he wants a stake he needs to match what we have collectively put in over the last five years rebuilding our club, from where he tried to kill the club off,
HE MUST NEVER EVER BE ALLOWED TO GET HOLD OF THE GOLDEN FOOTBALL CLUB SHARE,
I would take his money only as a gift ,however he wants to call the shots saying we must match his 40k playing budget. All i can say is get real raj Singh ,you've Shafted us in 2012, you swore that you had given the golden share to your solicitors to hand over, why LIE,, GIFT THE 40k or do one,show some compassion for what you did.
I don't think that Singh is demanding that we match his 40k, I think it's more of a case of the club gently reminding us that even with RS' 40k in the pot we still need to raise 40k to hit the 80k target.

As we've already raised 23.5k, then we would need to raise another 16.5k.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

JABWootton

Post by JABWootton » Tue May 09, 2017 9:06 pm

Maybe he's looking at forming a consortium of say 3 others, each buy 15% of the shares then the consortium has 60% and a controlling interest, change the constitution then buy the shares off the other members to take a 60% control stake in the club.

I don't trust the man no matter if it means investing in the club and improving the playing staff.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue May 09, 2017 9:09 pm

JABWootton wrote:Maybe he's looking at forming a consortium of say 3 others, each buy 15% of the shares then the consortium has 60% and a controlling interest, change the constitution then buy the shares off the other members to take a 60% control stake in the club.

I don't trust the man no matter if it means investing in the club and improving the playing staff.
Well we could reject that - simply allow sale of up to 45% and block any further share issue.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue May 09, 2017 9:11 pm

JABWootton wrote:Maybe he's looking at forming a consortium of say 3 others, each buy 15% of the shares then the consortium has 60% and a controlling interest, change the constitution then buy the shares off the other members to take a 60% control stake in the club.

As I said earlier, I really don't think this 40K forms any part of a long term investment plan at all. It just allows MG to put his squad together for next season while the takeover is worked out. I suspect there will be an offer to buy 51% of the club from a group of investors (including Singh). We need to stop treating this 40K as a way for Singh to work his way in, it isn't. It's not even a way to get his foot in the door. The investors will want 51% of the club and will be explicit in saying so. They'll set out their proposal and we'll need time to consider this, the 40K gives us time.

JABWootton

Post by JABWootton » Tue May 09, 2017 9:12 pm

Spyman wrote:

Well we could reject that - simply allow sale of up to 45% and block any further share issue.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Probably correct Spyman, but I feel there may be a hidden agenda within his actions which would not surprise me

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Tue May 09, 2017 9:12 pm

I can see exactly what you are saying here. But what does he have to gain this time by any consortium involving him holding a controlling stake?

His explanation is going to be fascinating.

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Tue May 09, 2017 9:13 pm

Yarblockos wrote:

As I said earlier, I really don't think this 40K forms any part of a long term investment plan at all. It just allows MG to put his squad together for next season while the takeover is worked out. I suspect there will be an offer to buy 51% of the club from a group of investors (including Singh). We need to stop treating this 40K as a way for Singh to work his way in, it isn't. It's not even a way to get his foot in the door. The investors will want 51% of the club and will be explicit in saying so. They'll set out their proposal and we'll need time to consider this, the 40K gives us time.

At the end of the day he must be mad for wanting to come back here after what he did, Hartlepool are up for sale up the road.

Q8Quaker

Post by Q8Quaker » Tue May 09, 2017 9:15 pm

The 40K is going into the playing budget and not the ground infrastructure because RS and whoever else is involved have no intention of staying at BM.
MG stated at the forum his and the investors desire to be playing in the FL as soon as possible. By planning to develop the open end into a terrace writes that off unless the idea is to knock down the tinshed and re-build it as a 3000 seater stand.

DFC98765

Post by DFC98765 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:19 pm

Q8Quaker wrote:The 40K is going into the playing budget and not the ground infrastructure because RS and whoever else is involved have no intention of staying at BM.
MG stated at the forum his and the investors desire to be playing in the FL as soon as possible. By planning to develop the open end into a terrace writes that off unless the idea is to knock down the tinshed and re-build it as a 3000 seater stand.
There is a ready made football league standard stadium about a mile from Blackwell that he may have his eye on

TCB 42

Post by TCB 42 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:26 pm

JUST DO IT

TCB 42

Post by TCB 42 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:30 pm

I believe everybody deserves a second chance, lets here what he has to say then decide. I'm leaning towards having him on board.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue May 09, 2017 9:32 pm

Q8Quaker wrote:The 40K is going into the playing budget and not the ground infrastructure because RS and whoever else is involved have no intention of staying at BM.
MG needs to have a budget to work with whilst this takeover bid is sorted out. If the takeover happens in October its too late so we need to money now. What good would putting 40K into the stands do for our immediate requirements?

Magical Quakers

Post by Magical Quakers » Tue May 09, 2017 9:33 pm

DFC98765 wrote:
There is a ready made football league standard stadium about a mile from Blackwell that he may have his eye on
That is the only thing that makes sense for Raj to be interested in. It was his dream previously to develop other commercial business around the Arena, but this was blocked by the council.

I don't get the impression that the council are more open to these sort of developments, but perhaps he has a different cunning plan that would be acceptable and DFC would be a way of making that happen.

I really hope not.

I am definitely not going back to that soulless place to watch DFC...

Arggh the speculation is doing my head in!

Magical Quakers

Post by Magical Quakers » Tue May 09, 2017 9:34 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
MG needs to have a budget to work with whilst this takeover bid is sorted out. If the takeover happens in October its too late so we need to money now. What good would putting 40K into the stands do for our immediate requirements?
Yeah but without the stands there is little point in spending more money on the playing side.

JABWootton

Post by JABWootton » Tue May 09, 2017 9:37 pm

Sing coming back is like catching your wife in bed with your friend, throwing him out saying you never want to see him again then slowly re-building your marriage only for your sister to walk through the door 5 years later saying she’s getting married to the man who you caught with your wife and then been asked by him to be your best man!!!

DFC98765

Post by DFC98765 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:38 pm

Magical Quakers wrote:
DFC98765 wrote:
That is the only thing that makes sense for Raj to be interested in. It was his dream previously to develop other commercial business around the Arena, but this was blocked by the council.

I don't get the impression that the council are more open to these sort of developments, but perhaps he has a different cunning plan that would be acceptable and DFC would be a way of making that happen.

I really hope not.

I am definitely not going back to that soulless place to watch DFC...

Arggh the speculation is doing my head in!
It would be vital to know if some of the restrictions placed on the land when the football club were owners have been lifted for the rugby club. If they have we know why he is back. can anyone in the know shed light on this?

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Tue May 09, 2017 9:38 pm

Has the council's covenant requiring 75% of sale profits of the Arena land been revoked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue May 09, 2017 9:38 pm

Magical Quakers wrote:
Yarblockos wrote:
Yeah but without the stands there is little point in spending more money on the playing side.
What does MG need now, this month? A budget or seats?

DFC98765

Post by DFC98765 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:40 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
Magical Quakers wrote:
Yarblockos wrote:
What does MG need now, this month? A budget or seats?
What MG needs now is not important. What the club and the town need in the medium term is important. And that is seats.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue May 09, 2017 9:44 pm

DFC98765 wrote:What MG needs now is not important. What the club and the town need in the medium term is important. And that is seats.
What our manager needs now is not important? The immediate need is urgent.

If my house is burning down I call the fire brigade. You'd start looking for new houses instead. You're just being ridiculous.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue May 09, 2017 9:46 pm

Hmm, let's say Raj wanted to takeover the club, move us to the Arena for whatever reasons - it wouldn't just be as simple as that anyway.

First of all we have a 20 year lease with the rugby club which we can't just walk away from for free.

Secondly we would have to pay substantial grants back which we have used to develop BM.

Thirdly we have the problem of fixture priority with Mowden.

And didn't someone also say a while back that the Arena needed a huge amount of money spending on it because there was a check on it's structure every 10 years or something - or did I just dream that?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:48 pm

Quakerz wrote:Hmm, let's say Raj wanted to takeover the club, move us to the Arena for whatever reasons - it wouldn't just be as simple as that anyway.

First of all we have a 20 year lease with the rugby club which we can't just walk away from for free.

Secondly we would have to pay substantial grants back which we have used to develop BM.

And didn't someone also say a while back that the Arena needed a huge amount of money spending on it because there was a check on it's structure every 10 years or something - or did I just dream that?

The third thing isn't an issue. The board were wrong on that. MP don't need priority.

Magical Quakers

Post by Magical Quakers » Tue May 09, 2017 9:49 pm

Absolutely MG needs to know the budget he is working to, however this does not need to be as high as it was this season.

Obviously he won't like that, but it is the reality of the situation.

As I said above there is little point having a promotion challenging team if we cannot get promoted.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue May 09, 2017 9:49 pm

Yarblockos wrote: What does MG need now, this month? A budget or seats?
He has a budget - just it's not as big as he is demanding

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue May 09, 2017 9:50 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:
Quakerz wrote:Hmm, let's say Raj wanted to takeover the club, move us to the Arena for whatever reasons - it wouldn't just be as simple as that anyway.

I think it was stated at the fans forum that Mowden insisted on priority. So maybe it was just a case of wanting the upper hand rather than needing it as a rule.

The third thing isn't an issue. The board were wrong on that. MP don't need priority.

DFC98765

Post by DFC98765 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:50 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
DFC98765 wrote:What MG needs now is not important. What the club and the town need in the medium term is important. And that is seats.

If my house is burning down I call the fire brigade. You'd start looking for new houses instead. You're just being ridiculous.
There is a difference between what he needs and what he wants.

I want us to do as well as possible and progress up the leagues. I am 100% in favour of an investor as long as it is the right one for the medium to long term.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue May 09, 2017 9:52 pm

al_quaker wrote:
This is true, however if the budget is slashed I suspect he walks, and if he walks then I suspect the takeover doesn't happen. Better to take the 40K and hear what the deal is. Then if we say no, MG walks and we carry on.

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Tue May 09, 2017 9:53 pm

There's an east wind coming, such a wind as never blew on Darlington FC yet. It will be cold and bitter. And a good many of us may wither before its blast. But it's God's own wind nonetheless and a greener, better, stronger club that will lie in the sunshine when the storm is cleared.
Last edited by notgnilrad on Tue May 09, 2017 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue May 09, 2017 9:53 pm

DFC98765 wrote:
Yarblockos wrote:

There is a difference between what he needs and what he wants.

I want us to do as well as possible and progress up the leagues. I am 100% in favour of an investor as long as it is the right one for the medium to long term.
We will hear what the medium and long-term plans are when the proposal is made. Its crazy to ignore the immediate need while you wait to hear.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue May 09, 2017 9:54 pm

al_quaker wrote:
And to be fair, although it's not as big as he is demanding, it is already bigger than what it would have been had the fans not put their hands in their pockets yet again.