Hartlepool

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

darloed19
Team Supported: Darlington

Hartlepool

Post by darloed19 » Sat May 06, 2017 9:24 pm

lol

Makka Pakka

Re: Hartlepool

Post by Makka Pakka » Sat May 06, 2017 9:45 pm

This is the best thread there's been on here for ages.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

darlocity
Team Supported: Darlington-Man City

Post by darlocity » Sun May 07, 2017 6:38 am

Mind the gap.....Mind the gap.....

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun May 07, 2017 7:03 am

Why are they only going down 1 ?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun May 07, 2017 7:39 am

Tears after being in the League for 96 years, bless.

Sussex07

Post by Sussex07 » Sun May 07, 2017 8:04 am

I've been in shock since yesterday but iv'e come round now.

Alletztfc..Pj Poolie..Glasshalfull. i know you read the board, never mind eh ,chin up lads. :lol: :wave:

Where's Pj's avatar gone ? :lol:

darloed19

Post by darloed19 » Sun May 07, 2017 10:18 am

jjljks wrote:Why are they only going down 1 ?
Don't worry they will become Hartlepool 1908 before you know it

Al Sharp

Post by Al Sharp » Sun May 07, 2017 11:57 am

'Mind the gap'

'We'll never play you again'

'Laughing stock of north-east football'

'The reason we've never won the FA Trophy is because we've never been in the conference'

'I've got a jar of coppers in the kitchen, you can have them to stick in your bucket if you ask nicely'

'Won't ever happen to us as we're a well-ran club'

'If you'd stood up to all them dodgy owners rather than just bend over and take it maybe you wouldn't be fwcked'

'How's life in the one man and his dog/jumpers for goalposts league?'

'Who you playing Saturday, The King's Head or the Rover's Return?'

As someone with the (mis)fortune to know quite a few Poolies, this is the kind of stick (and this is just the tip of the iceberg) I've had to put up with for the last seven or eight years.

Needless to say, they weren't very appreciative of what I was texting them yesterday for some reason.

However, as someone with a bit of class unlike my Poolie mates, it's not like I'd ever want those dog-shagging, kitten-stamping, swan-crossbowing, hamster-microwaving, monkey hanging sister-botherers to go pop completely and end up in the Wearside League...I'm a very sporting and fair-minded individual so just stagnating at the arse-end of the National League whining about how much they've been screwed over by their owners (after more than a decade of heavy subsidisation) while we work on getting promoted is as bad a fate as I'm going to wish upon them! :lol:
Last edited by Al Sharp on Sun May 07, 2017 12:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun May 07, 2017 12:02 pm

Interesting to see the Echo has blocked comments on the Pools match report. I know that Loughlin said that when Darlo went non league that our match reports should just be a short article, similar to what Gateshead and York get. Lets see if his views are the same for non league Hartlepool. I'd like to bet the hypocritical twat changes his mind though!

Sussex07

Post by Sussex07 » Sun May 07, 2017 12:29 pm

Al Sharp wrote:'Mind the gap'

'We'll never play you again'

'Laughing stock of north-east football'

'The reason we've never won the FA Trophy is because we've never been in the conference'

'I've got a jar of coppers in the kitchen, you can have them to stick in your bucket if you ask nicely'

'Won't ever happen to us as we're a well-ran club'

'If you'd stood up to all them dodgy owners rather than just bend over and take it maybe you wouldn't be fwcked'

'How's life in the one man and his dog/jumpers for goalposts league?'

'Who you playing Saturday, The King's Head or the Rover's Return?'

As someone with the (mis)fortune to know quite a few Poolies, this is the kind of stick (and this is just the tip of the iceberg) I've had to put up with for the last seven or eight years.

Needless to say, they weren't very appreciative of what I was texting them yesterday for some reason.

However, as someone with a bit of class unlike my Poolie mates, it's not like I'd ever want those dog-shagging, kitten-stamping, swan-crossbowing, hamster-microwaving, monkey hanging sister-botherers to go pop completely and end up in the Wearside League...I'm a very sporting and fair-minded individual so just stagnating at the arse-end of the National League whining about how much they've been screwed over by their owners (after more than a decade of heavy subsidisation) while we work on getting promoted is as bad a fate as I'm going to wish upon them! :lol:

That's it Al .you get it off your chest.. :lol:

The Golden Hairclip

Post by The Golden Hairclip » Sun May 07, 2017 12:40 pm

Will be interesting to see if BBC Tees drop them now they're non-league? I doubt it somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun May 07, 2017 12:48 pm

The Golden Hairclip wrote:Will be interesting to see if BBC Tees drop them now they're non-league? I doubt it somehow.

We were dropped from the fans panel when we were relegated out of the league. We also lost regular coverage too. Tees will either use this as an excuse to make it Boro only or be total hypocrites by keeping Pools involved.

meadowlark

Post by meadowlark » Sun May 07, 2017 1:10 pm

It is worth considering the Poolies fate as we get ever closer to deciding whether or not we accept an investor to help our club to progress.
2 years ago when ior/hodcroft passed the club over to gary coxall and co, pools were debt free, and all the usual promises were made about the plans for the future.
2 years on, and pools are relegated from league 2, reportedly £1.2 million in debt, no chairman and no manager.
Now I am not saying this could happen to Darlo (again), and I am still undecided about which direction I want to see the club go in, but I think we need to ask some very serious and searching questions of any prospective investor(s).

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun May 07, 2017 6:04 pm

loan_star wrote:
The Golden Hairclip wrote:Will be interesting to see if BBC Tees drop them now they're non-league? I doubt it somehow.

We were dropped from the fans panel when we were relegated out of the league. We also lost regular coverage too. Tees will either use this as an excuse to make it Boro only or be total hypocrites by keeping Pools involved.
We still had commentary when we were in the National League. I remember listening to it!

They only dropped regular coverage when we went into the Northern League.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun May 07, 2017 6:31 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
loan_star wrote:

We still had commentary when we were in the National League. I remember listening to it!

They only dropped regular coverage when we went into the Northern League.
Online only, nothing on the radio.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun May 07, 2017 6:47 pm

Yep, but most people listen online anyway. Single frequency radio listening (i.e. AM or DAB only) was plummeting last time I checked. Their listenership for Darlo commentaries tended to be predominantly exiles, who could only listen online anyway.

And it was still regular coverage.

Nothing on the radio? Not quite true again. Regular updates and interviews with managers.

Not as much as Boro and Pools I admit but they were higher up the pyramid at the time (Boro in Championship, Pools in LG 1/2).

But I am interested to see how they spread coverage next season.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sun May 07, 2017 7:29 pm

Hartlepool in the Fa cup or trophy next season what's the odds.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon May 08, 2017 6:19 pm

quakerste wrote:Hartlepool in the Fa cup or trophy next season what's the odds.
Odds on, it is fate! So long as we play them at home :o

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Mon May 08, 2017 7:15 pm

We'll have to win a cup game for that to happen so no chance.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Tue May 09, 2017 3:28 pm

meadowlark wrote:It is worth considering the Poolies fate as we get ever closer to deciding whether or not we accept an investor to help our club to progress.
2 years ago when ior/hodcroft passed the club over to gary coxall and co, pools were debt free, and all the usual promises were made about the plans for the future.
2 years on, and pools are relegated from league 2, reportedly £1.2 million in debt, no chairman and no manager.
Now I am not saying this could happen to Darlo (again), and I am still undecided about which direction I want to see the club go in, but I think we need to ask some very serious and searching questions of any prospective investor(s).
Familiar story at Darlo. Most of the recent external owners took money from fans, players, club and local businesses, money which disappeared "somewhere".

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Tue May 09, 2017 3:30 pm

Makka Pakka wrote:We'll have to win a cup game for that to happen so no chance.
MG may be more focussed on cup game successes with a more monitored wage budget.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Tue May 09, 2017 3:34 pm

loan_star wrote:Interesting to see the Echo has blocked comments on the Pools match report. I know that Loughlin said that when Darlo went non league that our match reports should just be a short article, similar to what Gateshead and York get. Lets see if his views are the same for non league Hartlepool. I'd like to bet the hypocritical twat changes his mind though!
He probably had it changed for him by the editor, as so many people want to read the Darlo match reports in the Echo.