The investment

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Magical Quakers
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: The investment

Post by Magical Quakers » Tue May 09, 2017 10:31 am

dickdarlington wrote:I can't fathom for the life of me why people are even considering a RS proposal!!!

Once he realised that there was no gains to be made, he walked away with no concern for any future the club might have. And then went out of his way, and against his own word to ensure we nearly died. The man literally stole our name away from us. He can't be trusted. He doesn't even deserve to be spoken to.

I can't believe people are even thinking of getting back into bed with him. Are you for f***ing real???
Yes indeed.

I can't understand why people keeps saying things like:
I don't think people should right off the proposed investment, before the details are known and who is involved with Singh.
But to me any proposal he has made won't be worth the paper it is written on. I do not trust him.

Also what makes it worse is people seem to be happy that he would be using DFC in some way to line his own pockets. If there is even a hint that is part of his plan we need to run for the hills.

I accept that the decision to not accept external investment might mean the end of the road for MG and many of the players. That is part of football. It also shows that the real long-term plans for the club are being put first, rather than chasing the dream of returning to the Football League at any cost.

I would be happy to spend the next 10 years slowly building up the infrastructure around the club, including the youth and reserves setup, that will help us to realise that FL dream when the time is right.

Yes I know that might never come and that crowds will fall and that we will lose more games than we have done in the last 5 years, but I am hopeful that there still we be a DFC to support.

If we sell out for money then I struggle to see how the long term plan for the club can be sustained if the external investment dries up. It would have to be some watertight blind trust gifting of money to have any interest if RS's name is associated to it.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Tue May 09, 2017 12:42 pm

I'm willing to listen to the proposal as we have no definitive proof whether it is him or not.

I'm very much leaning to a rejection at this stage (pre-proposal), and I have absolutely no qualms about watching my Darlington FC in the National League North for awhile.

People have short memories about where we were, are and should be.

The money we are spending now is for the ground and we need to remember that once a lot of it is in place, we won't need to spend it again

tezza

Post by tezza » Tue May 09, 2017 12:45 pm

2nd May "It is our intention to announce a proposal in the coming week which will allow both Darlington FC 1883 Ltd shareholders and Darlington FC Supporters Group members to indicate whether they believe the proposals of external investment should be advanced whilst also hopefully ensuring that the Club does not stagnate until such a time that a detailed proposal can be submitted which is likely to take a number of months."

The above statement is quite clear .. any forthcoming statement will simply be about decision to engage with potential investors, or to kill it stone dead in the water. If its the latter then I would expect some detailed explanation. If it is the former I would not expect any great detail, as it says likely a number of months. I doubt we would even get any names.

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Tue May 09, 2017 1:16 pm

tezza wrote:2nd May "It is our intention to announce a proposal in the coming week which will allow both Darlington FC 1883 Ltd shareholders and Darlington FC Supporters Group members to indicate whether they believe the proposals of external investment should be advanced whilst also hopefully ensuring that the Club does not stagnate until such a time that a detailed proposal can be submitted which is likely to take a number of months."

The above statement is quite clear .. any forthcoming statement will simply be about decision to engage with potential investors, or to kill it stone dead in the water. If its the latter then I would expect some detailed explanation. If it is the former I would not expect any great detail, as it says likely a number of months. I doubt we would even get any names.
Surely if they were just going to ask whether or not we should engage with potential investors they'd have done it by now?

"It is our intention to announce a proposal". That should include some detail and the names of investors.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue May 09, 2017 1:22 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:
tezza wrote:2nd May "It is our intention to announce a proposal in the coming week which will allow both Darlington FC 1883 Ltd shareholders and Darlington FC Supporters Group members to indicate whether they believe the proposals of external investment should be advanced whilst also hopefully ensuring that the Club does not stagnate until such a time that a detailed proposal can be submitted which is likely to take a number of months."

Surely if they were just going to ask whether or not we should engage with potential investors they'd have done it by now?

"It is our intention to announce a proposal". That should include some detail and the names of investors.
Yes I read it that way. I'm expecting a (rough) outline of what the structure of the club would look like if we go down this path, and then we will be asked if it's worth continuing the discussions to iron out the details, or if we are fundamentally against it.

Hope it's out in the open soon - I have full sympathy with those who are giving up their time to be involved in the discussions, but the way this has come about could soon start damaging the club (the fundraising has dried up - in part possibly due to this uncertainty, and who knows how the planning for next season is going).

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Tue May 09, 2017 2:06 pm

FFS

:(
Think before posting

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue May 09, 2017 2:21 pm

BUSHEAD wrote:FFS

:?:

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Tue May 09, 2017 2:29 pm

BUSHEAD wrote:FFS

Is that...

FFS hurry up the waiting is killing me

Or

FFS I've just seen Singh down Blackwell Meadows posing in front of the tin shed with a Darlo scarf

??

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Tue May 09, 2017 3:28 pm

Wait til the announcement comes from the club, but it's gonna be unpopular in my opinion .
Think before posting

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Tue May 09, 2017 3:38 pm

BUSHEAD wrote:Wait til the announcement comes from the club, but it's gonna be unpopular in my opinion .
And when will that be?
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

H1987

Post by H1987 » Tue May 09, 2017 3:40 pm

I can't be the only one who thinks it isn't worth getting upset about something we don't know the details of just yet.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue May 09, 2017 4:31 pm

What's all this "stagnating" stuff? Three promotions, into the play offs this year, built a ground from scratch. Just raised £40,000 for a pitch. Hardly stagnating!!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue May 09, 2017 5:00 pm

[quote="BUSHEAD"]Wait til the announcement comes from the club, but it's gonna be unpopular in my opinion .[/quote

If it's to do with Singh then it will be unpopular - but hopefully won't happen.

I'd rather Gray departed than Singh arrived. UGH - what an awful thought.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

darlodaz

Post by darlodaz » Tue May 09, 2017 5:14 pm

let Gray go if he does not get what he wants.
yeah, he might get another club but who is to say it's going to work? let's be fair the leagues he has got us out of a lot of managers would have done with our name and budget.
how will his academy do without the club having its name linked with it?

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Tue May 09, 2017 5:44 pm

darlodaz wrote:let Gray go if he does not get what he wants.
yeah, he might get another club but who is to say it's going to work? let's be fair the leagues he has got us out of a lot of managers would have done with our name and budget.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue May 09, 2017 5:59 pm

What a statement to make, it's amazing how people are blaming MG and want him out, The amount of time and effort not to say probably some of his own money in to this club and people still slag the man, God some people are never fooking happy let's wait and see what's on the table ImageImageImage

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Tue May 09, 2017 6:16 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
What a statement to make, it's amazing how people are blaming MG and want him out, The amount of time and effort not to say probably some of his own money in to this club and people still slag the man, God some people are never fooking happy let's wait and see what's on the table ImageImageImage

Totally agree

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue May 09, 2017 6:28 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:What a statement to make, it's amazing how people are blaming MG and want him out, The amount of time and effort not to say probably some of his own money in to this club and people still slag the man, God some people are never fooking happy let's wait and see what's on the table
Wow. MG is our manager - a paid employee - he is not some fan volunteering to run the club.

Non-playing salaries were £70,000 per annum by the last accounts he has made a decent living and wage out of Darlington Football Club and had plenty of free advertising for his other business.

Look he is fully entitled to do that but dear me for fans to think Gray has sacrificed himself for the club for nothing is frankly bizarre.

darlodaz

Post by darlodaz » Tue May 09, 2017 6:42 pm

hey, its fooking Gray who said he would walk if he didn't get what he wanted etc.
how much do you think he has the club at heart then? through thick n thin does not come to mind.
yes, he has done a great job but has had a fairly big club for non-leauge and a decent fan base with a big non-leauge budget to play with to entice decent players. all i am saying if he wants to go and hold everyone ransom then for me let him go and we will go from there with someone who will like the challenge of what we are about and trying to achieve steadily.

Beano

The investment

Post by Beano » Tue May 09, 2017 6:51 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:his own money in to this club
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Tue May 09, 2017 6:55 pm

lo36789 wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:What a statement to make, it's amazing how people are blaming MG and want him out, The amount of time and effort not to say probably some of his own money in to this club and people still slag the man, God some people are never fooking happy let's wait and see what's on the table
Wow. MG is our manager - a paid employee - he is not some fan volunteering to run the club.

Non-playing salaries were £70,000 per annum by the last accounts he has made a decent living and wage out of Darlington Football Club and had plenty of free advertising for his other business.

Look he is fully entitled to do that but dear me for fans to think Gray has sacrificed himself for the club for nothing is frankly bizarre.
M G,Gregan,Atkinson,Harry Dunn,Phisio,Kit man and probably a couple more I haven't thought of.
70 k split between them doesn't seem that much now does it.Nobody is making Gray out to be a saint but the man deserves to be rewarded for the graft he puts in.Managing at this level isn't just two training sessions a week and Saturday afternoon.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue May 09, 2017 7:10 pm

Beano wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:his own money in to this club
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!
You know this as a fact do you!!!

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Tue May 09, 2017 7:26 pm

lo36789 wrote:

Not to forget that the MGFA has become a very high profile sporting academy in the town since he became manager of the club. Assets in MGFA increased by 300% in the first 3 years of his managership of the football club.

Again, I'm not saying he isn't entitled to do that and am also not saying there's anything wrong with it, just supporting the view that MG hasn't done what he has for the football club simply due to his love for us; there's been great benefit to him as well.
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue May 09, 2017 7:31 pm

Emdubya wrote:
lo36789 wrote:Look he is fully entitled to do that but dear me for fans to think Gray has sacrificed himself for the club for nothing is frankly bizarre.
M G,Gregan,Atkinson,Harry Dunn,Phisio,Kit man and probably a couple more I haven't thought of.
70 k split between them doesn't seem that much now does it.Nobody is making Gray out to be a saint but the man deserves to be rewarded for the graft he puts in.Managing at this level isn't just two training sessions a week and Saturday afternoon.
Hold up. Has anyone said he isn't entitled to their salary or has everyone said the exact opposite to that.

He is fully entitled to get paid what he is valued at, what I dispute is that he has been unfairly recompensed for his time with the club and suggestions that he has somehow been hard done by. Only Johnson, Morley & Ainsley have had it easier.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue May 09, 2017 7:34 pm

So it's official, it is Singh (statement up now on official site) but the other mystery person has not been revealed.

Singh has made no comment at all over the last 5 years about previous events - but now proposes to do an online Netcafe' with Ray Simpson.

I'm lost for words!!!!!!!!!!
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue May 09, 2017 7:41 pm

Vote RAAAAAAAAAJJJJJJ....

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue May 09, 2017 8:10 pm

Statement from the DFCSG Board

http://dfcsg.co.uk/?x=entry:entry170509-205028
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Tue May 09, 2017 11:08 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:Vote RAAAAAAAAAJJJJJJ....
You were either not around 5 years ago, are suffering from amnesia or are Martin Gray.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed May 10, 2017 12:29 am

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:Vote RAAAAAAAAAJJJJJJ....
You were either not around 5 years ago, are suffering from amnesia or are Martin Gray.
I've supported the club for 30 yrs... Yes what he did hurt but money is money and as it stands it's risk free surly worth listening to..

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed May 10, 2017 6:17 am

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Apologies if I'm wrong, but weren't you one of those who was critical of the volunteer directors who have given up their own time and money just a couple of weeks ago?

Again, sorry if that wasn't you.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC