Local clubs released list

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

al_quaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Local clubs released list

Post by al_quaker » Thu May 18, 2017 2:14 pm

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
Think I would let Syers go,apart from score he never seems to get that involved.
:lol: :lol:

Syers is quality - anyone who can't see that really doesn't understand football. Just because he doesn't run around like a headless chicken doesn't mean he isn't contributing. He is. He's a very very good player for this level.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu May 18, 2017 3:07 pm

al_quaker wrote:
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
Think I would let Syers go,apart from score he never seems to get that involved.

Syers is quality - anyone who can't see that really doesn't understand football. Just because he doesn't run around like a headless chicken doesn't mean he isn't contributing. He is. He's a very very good player for this level.
100%

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu May 18, 2017 3:55 pm

Allan Quatermain wrote:
spen666 wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:No news about our retained list which is normally done by now.I would think MG is in deep discussions with the club this week, big decisions to be made by both parties and really hope the outcome is positive for both sides.This league is probably the toughest it has ever been so here's hoping we can compete with the big boys and MG manages to get near to his budget.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

For any club its hard to sort out a retained list without knowing the budget.
I suspect the budget is known by those who need to know it.
We all know - it is £85k less than last season's budget.

We are attempting to raise £80k towards bringing it back inline with last season.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

JE93

Post by JE93 » Thu May 18, 2017 4:14 pm

Darlo_CR wrote:Hartlepool's released list:

Ben Dudzinski
Kieran Green
Rob Jones
James Martin
Jake Orrell
Billy Paynter
Ben Pollock
Jordan Richards
Connor Smith
Id be interested in Paynter if we lose Beck. Jones might be a good option too but not seen him play enough to know his form.

Magical Quakers

Post by Magical Quakers » Thu May 18, 2017 4:50 pm

Beck has signed a new 2+1 contract!

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Thu May 18, 2017 6:16 pm

JE93 wrote:
Darlo_CR wrote:Hartlepool's released list:

Ben Dudzinski
Kieran Green
Rob Jones
James Martin
Jake Orrell
Billy Paynter
Ben Pollock
Jordan Richards
Connor Smith
Id be interested in Paynter if we lose Beck. Jones might be a good option too but not seen him play enough to know his form.
Jones is the stand out name, but haven't seen him play recently. Also not sure of his age.

divas

Post by divas » Thu May 18, 2017 7:11 pm

Jones is crocked

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Thu May 18, 2017 7:24 pm

Spyman wrote:
Allan Quatermain wrote:
spen666 wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:No news about our retained list which is normally done by now.I would think MG is in deep discussions with the club this week, big decisions to be made by both parties and really hope the outcome is positive for both sides.This league is probably the toughest it has ever been so here's hoping we can compete with the big boys and MG manages to get near to his budget.

For any club its hard to sort out a retained list without knowing the budget.
I suspect the budget is known by those who need to know it.
We all know - it is £85k less than last season's budget.

We are attempting to raise £80k towards bringing it back inline with last season.
So after all the crap that's been flying around about budget cuts, manager threatening to walk, a rumoured revolving door of potential investors you still believe that statement remains true today?

I suspect a compromise may have been reached and that statement may not be as true today as it was a couple of weeks ago.

But that's just me making assumptions and I may be completely wrong.
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu May 18, 2017 8:23 pm

Magical Quakers wrote:Beck has signed a new 2+1 contract!
That's fantastic news, I assume that means a 2 year contract, with an option for a further year?

Sorry I've just seen the answer to my question on the Phil Turnbull thread.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:37 pm

Fantastic news - especially to retain Beck. To replace our top goalscorer and assister would have been very difficult.

I feel like Cartman can score more next season with more starts, and if he is played centrally alongside Beck.

I still think we can look to strengthen in the centre of defence. Portas can come in and be almost like a new signing to replace Falkingham, although I do think Gray will be looking at a central midfielder.

We also look a little light up front with just Beck, Cartman & Saunders. No doubt Gray will be also after another centre-forward.

So all-in-all a positive day. I feel that we can strengthen by bringing in 2 or 3 in pretty much the core of the side (CB, CM, CF), but no doubt players will have to leave to facilitate this.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Thu May 18, 2017 10:27 pm

al_quaker wrote:
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:

We will see whos right as the season unfolds,no need for the dig mate.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu May 18, 2017 10:56 pm

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
al_quaker wrote:
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:

We saw in the season just finished that he's a quality player

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Fri May 19, 2017 6:33 am

al_quaker wrote:
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
al_quaker wrote:
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:

Disagree,thought he was poor in a few games,seemed to go missing.Scored 2 at Gainsborough but had a bad game I thought.

Hope he does well as would expect it with his league experience.

All about opinions,we will see. ;)

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Fri May 19, 2017 7:12 am

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
al_quaker wrote:
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
al_quaker wrote:
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:

Disagree,thought he was poor in a few games,seemed to go missing.Scored 2 at Gainsborough but had a bad game I thought.

Thommo was poor in a few games
Turnbull ditto
Gillies ditto
Galbraith ditto,and so on and so on
Do we get rid of them all?.Syers deserves another crack at it next season in my opinion.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri May 19, 2017 7:36 am

MCFCDarlo3 wrote: Disagree,thought he was poor in a few games,seemed to go missing.Scored 2 at Gainsborough but had a bad game I thought.

I can't think of a player who has gone a whole season without having a poor game! And if there's always a chance that a player will pop up with a goal or 2 despite having a poor game, then even better.

According to the official site - 9 goals in 19 starts in the league, and that's after apparently barely playing before joining us due to a serious injury. I for one really hope he's here next season

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri May 19, 2017 10:23 am

No-one outstanding on those listed. We need an Ayala type player, or possibly John Terry?
Edited: meant Julio Arca (mental block there but Ayala would do). Changed mind about Terry as he would spend more time suspended than the rest of the team put together.. ;)
Last edited by jjljks on Sun May 21, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri May 19, 2017 11:22 am

Emdubya wrote: Thommo was poor in a few games
Turnbull ditto
Gillies ditto
Galbraith ditto,and so on and so on
Do we get rid of them all?.Syers deserves another crack at it next season in my opinion.
Unfortunately Syers doesnt run around all day like a headless chicken so is always going to get criticism from those that prefer that type of player.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Fri May 19, 2017 11:31 am

It took Syers quite a while to get back to full match fitness, understandable given he had hardly played for the previous 2 years before signing for us.

Once he'd done that I thought he was excellent in the last couple of months of the season & would be very pleased if he was still with us next season.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat May 20, 2017 10:50 am

Syers is quality and hopefully will be retained for next season. Played a large part in some of the good stuff we played towards the back-end of last season on a difficult pitch.

He also has undoubted quality in the opposition box, something we've not quite had from a centre midfielder in the past.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat May 20, 2017 11:29 am

It has been announced that Chib Chilaka has been released from Harrogate Town after their transition to full-time. I think Gray tried to sign him from BPA last summer, Yorkshire-based.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat May 20, 2017 11:47 am

Good player. Good Bloke as well. Will be a coach/manager in the future I think. Would love it if he came. Real leader on the pitch.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sun May 21, 2017 10:43 am

Don't know if anyone posted the Leeds United released list.

Ross Turnbull
Jordan Botaka
Billy Whitehouse
Jack Vann
Michael Taylor
Alex Purver.

The top 3 are out of reach. But the bottom three have all been released from the U23 squad. Jack Vann is 19 CB who was rated quite highly, would definitely be worth a look. Michael Taylor is a RB so probably not one we need to look at. Alex Purver is a CM who spent half of last season at Guiseley, would definitely be interested but think he might go to Guiseley or York permanently.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun May 21, 2017 7:52 pm

JE93 wrote:Don't know if anyone posted the Leeds United released list.

Ross Turnbull
Jordan Botaka
Billy Whitehouse
Jack Vann
Michael Taylor
Alex Purver.

The top 3 are out of reach. But the bottom three have all been released from the U23 squad. Jack Vann is 19 CB who was rated quite highly, would definitely be worth a look. Michael Taylor is a RB so probably not one we need to look at. Alex Purver is a CM who spent half of last season at Guiseley, would definitely be interested but think he might go to Guiseley or York permanently.
Probably go to Harrogate as they are full time...Image

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun May 21, 2017 9:26 pm

Dan Jones released by Grimsby. Former Poolie who spent some of last season an loan at Gateshead & Fylde. Centre half.

May end up playing full-time back at Hartlepool, but might be a possibility should he not get a F/T deal.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Mon May 22, 2017 11:16 am

Didn't Chilaka play for Gainsborough last season?

I've found Syers very hit and miss. When he's on it, he's exceptional. But when he's not, it really shows.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon May 22, 2017 11:33 am

Darlofan97 wrote:Dan Jones released by Grimsby. Former Poolie who spent some of last season an loan at Gateshead & Fylde. Centre half.

May end up playing full-time back at Hartlepool, but might be a possibility should he not get a F/T deal.
I think Gray tried to get him on loan but the budget wouldnt allow it.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Mon May 22, 2017 12:26 pm

dickdarlington wrote:Didn't Chilaka play for Gainsborough last season?
Chiaka made Gainsborough's 2nd goal and scored their 3rd.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue May 23, 2017 3:02 pm

Everything very, very quiet on our retained list, potential targets and if MG will commit to us next season.Nothing at all coming out of the club or Craig Stoddart, just wondering what is happening behind the scenes especially as nothing has come out of the awards night also on this site which seems odd.Could do with some news TBH.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue May 23, 2017 3:15 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Everything very, very quiet on our retained list, potential targets and if MG will commit to us next season.Nothing at all coming out of the club or Craig Stoddart, just wondering what is happening behind the scenes especially as nothing has come out of the awards night also on this site which seems odd.Could do with some news TBH.

Where has this retained list concept come from? I don't remember us launching one for the past 4 years?

Best news was that 3 out of contract players have signed on for next year. How I am interpreting that is Gray is working to replace the others if he can with upgrades but he is not going to release them in the mean time.

There were awards given out at the awards night. I think it right that players livelihoods are discussed at an event to celebrate last seasons achievements - Mark Cooper decided to use our civic reception for something similar a few years back.

I would interpret that no news means there is no news.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue May 23, 2017 5:40 pm

lo36789 wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Everything very, very quiet on our retained list, potential targets and if MG will commit to us next season.Nothing at all coming out of the club or Craig Stoddart, just wondering what is happening behind the scenes especially as nothing has come out of the awards night also on this site which seems odd.Could do with some news TBH.

Where has this retained list concept come from? I don't remember us launching one for the past 4 years?

Best news was that 3 out of contract players have signed on for next year. How I am interpreting that is Gray is working to replace the others if he can with upgrades but he is not going to release them in the mean time.

There were awards given out at the awards night. I think it right that players livelihoods are discussed at an event to celebrate last seasons achievements - Mark Cooper decided to use our civic reception for something similar a few years back.

I would interpret that no news means there is no news.
But don't you agree that as we are approaching June we should know by now the position of MG....is he staying or going?.We have 3 keepers....who is the unlucky one...hence some form of retained list.Fans are putting big sums of money into the club and I feel deserve a little more feedback.Hopefully we will some news on MG fairly soon.