Free insurance bet should the Chokers stay up

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Henley
Team Supported: Darlington

Free insurance bet should the Chokers stay up

Post by Henley » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:15 pm

Newport are 11/2 to be relegated with a lot of bookies.

Think how much you'd have paid at the start of the season for The Bash Street Kids to be relegated and that's the stake you should be placing :)

quakerray

Re: Free insurance bet should the Chokers stay up

Post by quakerray » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:51 pm

pools are 1/9
Doncaster going for title so not gonna be easy for pools, which is good :)

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:02 pm

I can't see poolie escaping the drop, Doncaster need to win to have a chance of winning the title.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:07 pm

But Doncaster have lost form recently so might be low on confidence

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:43 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I can't see poolie escaping the drop, Doncaster need to win to have a chance of winning the title.
And there we have it, the chokers are staying up.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

meadowlark

Post by meadowlark » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:32 pm

Looks like Jeff Stelling has pulled a few strings to get poolies game next week shown live on sky. A nice little earner for them whatever the outcome.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:53 pm

meadowlark wrote:Looks like Jeff Stelling has pulled a few strings to get poolies game next week shown live on sky. A nice little earner for them whatever the outcome.
Jeff Stelling did that? So what game do you think Sky should have shown instead?

Sussex07

Post by Sussex07 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:56 pm

Quakerz wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:I can't see poolie escaping the drop, Doncaster need to win to have a chance of winning the title.
Yeah,thanks Pete.Pj Poolie will be punching the air at this result. :roll:

Long week ahead for them. :) :wave:

Henley

Post by Henley » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:27 pm

Quakerz wrote:
Exactly - so get some lucre on Newport going down.

Sussex07

Post by Sussex07 » Tue May 02, 2017 6:35 pm

No manager.No Chairman. Oh Dear.

Henley

Post by Henley » Tue May 02, 2017 6:57 pm

They're lucky bastards.

They progress towards being a fan-owned club without the turmoil Darlo fans have had to endure and with none of the liabilities or lack of assets.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Tue May 02, 2017 7:30 pm

Henley wrote:They're lucky bastards.

They progress towards being a fan-owned club without the turmoil Darlo fans have had to endure and with none of the liabilities or lack of assets.
By all accounts they have accumulated substabtial debt over the past couple of seasons, 3 winding up orders in last 12 months, they have no manager & on verge of going out of the Football League for first time in their history.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue May 02, 2017 7:40 pm

I must admit it crossed my mind that MG and the coaching staff could be on there way to the Codheads if he failed to get the response he was looking for from Darlo, but that would now seem to be a crazy option.Hopefully Mills stays on at York, but if he turns the conditional contract offer down then it would be no surprise if they came sniffing around.Hope not.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue May 02, 2017 7:41 pm

Yep they are struggling, financials for season 15/16 don't look great and that's without what has happened this year.

However at the moment it's all fixable by the looks of it with some real hard work, it's now or never for them though or they will be on the same road we were on.

Looks like the club may become fans owned to some level.

quakerray

Post by quakerray » Tue May 02, 2017 8:55 pm

Robbie Painter wrote:

By all accounts they have accumulated substabtial debt over the past couple of seasons, 3 winding up orders in last 12 months, they have no manager & on verge of going out of the Football League for first time in their history.

and still no trophies

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue May 02, 2017 9:57 pm

This wide-boy has stood down as chairman but is still a shareholder and there'll be some nasty shocks lined up. You watch, he'll want a big wad of cash before he hands anything over and the debts taken out against the club will be a real millstone. Expect HMRC to come knocking on the door yet again. There's a rocky road ahead.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Wed May 03, 2017 12:04 am

Henley wrote:Newport are 11/2 to be relegated with a lot of bookies.

Think how much you'd have paid at the start of the season for The Bash Street Kids to be relegated and that's the stake you should be placing :)
Good call!

Happy bunny on Saturday whatever happens.....

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed May 03, 2017 7:36 am

Rats leaving the sinking ship me thinks.

Henley

Post by Henley » Wed May 03, 2017 11:22 pm

Robbie Painter wrote:

Au contraire.

They will get parachute payments for the next couple of years that will settle creditors. They can drop the squad budget to compensate (admittedly, likely get relegated) but they'll be starting in National League North with an adequate stadium and no creditors.

I acknowledge that this is assuming the current owners go quietly and only time will tell but there's talk of local businesses coming forward and that c*** Stelling will help source funds from somewhere which will help move on the current owners.

As I say, lucky bastards - it's not the Northern League.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu May 04, 2017 7:02 am

Henley wrote:
Robbie Painter wrote:

Au contraire.

They will get parachute payments for the next couple of years that will settle creditors. They can drop the squad budget to compensate (admittedly, likely get relegated) but they'll be starting in National League North with an adequate stadium and no creditors.

I acknowledge that this is assuming the current owners go quietly and only time will tell but there's talk of local businesses coming forward and that c*** Stelling will help source funds from somewhere which will help move on the current owners.

It does mean they won't be able to accumulate a quick flurry of trophies like we did though :thumbup:
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu May 04, 2017 8:03 am

They've never won anything apart from the Durham Senior Cup I believe. They were going to win Division 2 one year, but lost their final game at Rushden & Diamonds, to main their proud record of never winning owt of significance. At least they don't need to worry about the expense of building a trophy cabinet.

Henley

Post by Henley » Thu May 04, 2017 8:17 am

Henley wrote: Au contraire.

Phew!

I was a bit tipsy last night and I woke up this morning remembering that I'd typed the 'c' word somewhere but couldn't remember where - I've been trawling SMSs, Facebook, Twitter et al to try and find it.

Thankfully, I've found I used it above as an adjective for Stelling which should offend no-one :shifty: :lol:

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Thu May 04, 2017 5:00 pm

Henley wrote:
Robbie Painter wrote:

Au contraire.

A good idea for Stelling would be to hang around Yarm, particularly Judges hotel. Apparently Yarm's the place to be if you want to bump into the odd random investor.

OYD
Team Supported: Hartlepool

Post by OYD » Thu May 04, 2017 5:21 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:They've never won anything apart from the Durham Senior Cup I believe. They were going to win Division 2 one year, but lost their final game at Rushden & Diamonds, to main their proud record of never winning owt of significance. At least they don't need to worry about the expense of building a trophy cabinet.
Come on Pete, you're doing us a little disservice there, we also cocked it up the season we stuck it up your lot at the white elephant. Remember the last day defeat at home to Bristol Rovers and let Walsall pip us at the post :shock:

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat May 06, 2017 5:04 pm

Bet looking good with County 1-0 up and Pools 0-1 Donny

murtonquaker
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo

Post by murtonquaker » Sat May 06, 2017 5:05 pm

1-0 down now...

Newport 1-0 up

[FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

quakerray

Post by quakerray » Sat May 06, 2017 5:09 pm

and Plymouth losing so better for Donny

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat May 06, 2017 5:16 pm

I predict that the gap is about to get a lot smaller.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat May 06, 2017 5:19 pm

Things looking great at half-time and the shaggers are missing out on the playoffs as things stand at the moment. :D

Henley

Post by Henley » Sat May 06, 2017 5:33 pm

Match being recorded for post-match screenshots of bawling Poolies :lol: