Price of this new seated stand we need

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Craig09
Team Supported: Darlington

Price of this new seated stand we need

Post by Craig09 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:26 am

Ok so we need 150k for this new seated stand does anyone known if its the actual 220 extra seats we need or is it more ??? Also after hearing what shaun campbell said at the fans forum about getting a stand bought built and finished in about 9 days i asked him was the price anywhere near the 150k the board or SG quoted and shauns responce was it was only a quarter of the 150k quoted......
After emailing the company whos just built salfords new seating stand i have asked for a quote on a 220 seated covered stand like the one we already have at BM and that is getting emailed to me next week but its a all purpose built stand
So as soon as i get the quote emailed i will post it on here just to give us a rough idea but heres a 100 seat stand they have just done for Stockton Town fc

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1 ... &source=48
Last edited by Craig09 on Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Quakerz

Re: Price of this new seated stand we need

Post by Quakerz » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:44 am

How much are the other company going to charge you to move the floodlight which is in the way?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:11 am

Ok so the 150k the club have been quoted does that include moving that floodlight ??? Has the club actually said it needs moving and that the price is in with that. This is what is confusing me but instead of just saying we need 150k for seating stand it should be broke down into what actually does need doing with prices to give everyone an idea of was going on

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:22 am

I'd also like to see what times the contractors will be taking their tea-breaks and how many sugars they take.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:40 am

Having broadcast that £150,000 is the budget, it isn't very likely that any new competitive bids will come much under that figure. The board are probably exercising an option price from the original bids.

At least there should be no architectural / design fees this time for a copy cat build.

The reduction in ground capacity for the extra seats shouldn't take us to below the 3,000 mark.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:52 am

Neil Johnson wrote:Having broadcast that £150,000 is the budget, it isn't very likely that any new competitive bids will come much under that figure. The board are probably exercising an option price from the original bids.

At least there should be no architectural / design fees this time for a copy cat build.

The reduction in ground capacity for the extra seats shouldn't take us to below the 3,000 mark.
Why will the extra seats reduce the ground capacity?

Are you telling me that an area 6 seats deep will hold less than the equivalent area of hard standing?

If you're telling me that, then you're a retard.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:54 am

Craig09 wrote:Ok so the 150k the club have been quoted does that include moving that floodlight ??? Has the club actually said it needs moving and that the price is in with that. This is what is confusing me but instead of just saying we need 150k for seating stand it should be broke down into what actually does need doing with prices to give everyone an idea of was going on
The first £50K is for groundworks which will include all prep including moving the floodlight. I doubt you'd get a quote now that will still be valid by the time the money has been collected so I'd imagine it's prudent to put a bit of fat in given what happened with the move to BM. Any funds not used can surely be put towards the next phase

meadowlark

Post by meadowlark » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:06 pm

Commendable that Craig has taken it upon himself to find a cheaper quote for the new stand, but I question why he chose to post on this message board about it. I think it would have been better simply to pass his thoughts on to the football club direct, and suggest that is what he does when he receives the email next week. This will enable the board to consider any errors or omissions from the quote before deciding whether to pursue the matter any further.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:20 pm

We used the same company as Salford but they only completed our turnstiles, I would like to think we got a price off them for the stand also. We did in theory get at least 3 quotes for every piece of work for the main build and should be looking to complete the same for the new stand.

They have just completed Stockton's stand so they were eligible to stay in the Northern League.

Neil_Heaneys_Pace

Post by Neil_Heaneys_Pace » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:43 pm

meadowlark wrote:Commendable that Craig has taken it upon himself to find a cheaper quote for the new stand, but I question why he chose to post on this message board about it. I think it would have been better simply to pass his thoughts on to the football club direct, and suggest that is what he does when he receives the email next week. This will enable the board to consider any errors or omissions from the quote before deciding whether to pursue the matter any further.
this

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:00 pm

To be honest with all the chew on with the board members leaving etc i did not bother and plus the fact im waiting on a quote coming hopefully next week. I was just curious after seeing Stockton Town FC new 100 seater stand and the fact that shaun campbell got a cheaper quote also but Ive based the quote on our seating stand that we have already at BM with 220 seats to make it up to 500 that we needed.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:02 pm

How did they get £700,000 to £800,000?!!!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:46 pm

meadowlark wrote: Commendable that Craig has taken it upon himself to find a cheaper quote for the new stand, but I question why he chose to post on this message board about it.
Is Craig one of our younger supporters? I like his enthusiasm :clap: .
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:44 am

The same firm that did sal£ords erection did Tadcasters as well... As I understand it G Nevile visited taddy before they purchased theirs[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2017042 ... c1d390.jpg[/img]

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon May 01, 2017 12:40 pm

Yeah, it does seem very high doesn't it. I sort of wonder whether we're being told the whole story, if money is still owed elsewhere....

You gotta wonder about the logic of only putting the bare minimum of 220. I mean they're gonna need to move the floodlight anyway, have they actually asked for a quote for how much say, an extra 100-200 will cost? It might make sense to get a little more all done at once, rather than the bare minimum and then have to expand again later down the line.

Maybe we could get an extra 100-200 for an extra 10-20k, but if we have to do the same 150k again later down the line... if you see what i mean. It might be more sensible in the long term to raise a little more and get it done at once?

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon May 01, 2017 5:30 pm

That stand at Tadcaster looks really solid and it would be interesting to know the cost. Their ideas for sponsorship are excellent. Can't find the cost anywhere so well done Craig for your efforts!

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Mon May 01, 2017 8:15 pm

[quote="don'tbuythesun"]That stand at Tadcaster looks really solid and it would be interesting to know the cost. Their ideas for sponsorship are excellent. Can't find the cost anywhere so well done Craig for your efforts![/quoted
It's very solid I work next to the ground and it took a week to put up after the foundations were laid... I will ask about see if I can get a figure

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Tue May 02, 2017 7:15 am

H1987 wrote:Yeah, it does seem very high doesn't it. I sort of wonder whether we're being told the whole story, if money is still owed elsewhere....

You gotta wonder about the logic of only putting the bare minimum of 220. I mean they're gonna need to move the floodlight anyway, have they actually asked for a quote for how much say, an extra 100-200 will cost? It might make sense to get a little more all done at once, rather than the bare minimum and then have to expand again later down the line.

Maybe we could get an extra 100-200 for an extra 10-20k, but if we have to do the same 150k again later down the line... if you see what i mean. It might be more sensible in the long term to raise a little more and get it done at once?
I read on social media from quite a few people that when the first stand was built there was an offer to do the foundation for the next stand at no extra cost but it was turned down.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue May 02, 2017 7:26 am

SwansQuaker83 wrote:I read on social media from quite a few people that when the first stand was built there was an offer to do the foundation for the next stand at no extra cost but it was turned down.
I read on social media from quite a few people (including verified accounts) that Barry Chuckle was photographed alongside Jay-Z at Wembley on Saturday night.

Thing with social media. Often one person says something then multiple other people repeat it it's the concept of things going 'viral'. So using "quite a few people" is pretty meaningless when it comes to verifying facts on twitter, opinions is a slightly different matter.

It may have been factual but consider;
- Why offer to do £50,000 of work for nothing. That just doesn't seem that commercially sensible, have I missed something and is the construction trade now in an enviable position of being able to turn down paid work to do work for free?
- If the offer was there to do £50,000 of work for nothing why does it now cost £50,000? I get that there could be some economies of scale available but seems a bit of a leap from nothing to £50,000.
- Would open foundations of a stand have been 'counted' for hard standing (we needed the level of hard standing to meet this years ground grading and avoid relegation).

H1987

Post by H1987 » Tue May 02, 2017 9:46 am

Who knows about the rumours, but lets be brutally honest here, 150k for 220 seats is a massive amount of money for very, very little. That's smaller than what is there now! Now I know we're gonna want to make it all fit and look uniform rather than plop a different type of stand next to it like the Tadcaster one, but I just wonder does it make sense to build more than that 220 and get the foundations / roof in place further along in one go while we have people on site. It has to be more cost effective that way, and we have room to expand all the way down to the corner on that side, which has to be the end goal... (plus, we do need the seats. At the moment it's really not ok that a lot of kids can't see what's going on, and i really hope we consider doing an allocated family area with the extra seating).

I think the sponsorship is an excellent idea. Can we sell the naming rights to the whole stand for the next, i dunno, 5 years in exchange for some money? Include some signage on the stand as part of their sponsorship. Someone might be interested. The Northern Echo stand? Who knows, but it's worth asking local businesses the question...

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue May 02, 2017 11:25 am

H1987 wrote:I think the sponsorship is an excellent idea. Can we sell the naming rights to the whole stand for the next, i dunno, 5 years in exchange for some money? Include some signage on the stand as part of their sponsorship. Someone might be interested. The Northern Echo stand? Who knows, but it's worth asking local businesses the question...
John Tempest mentioned at fans forum he had a big name lined up with regard to this I thought?

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Tue May 02, 2017 11:51 am

H1987 wrote:Who knows about the rumours, but lets be brutally honest here, 150k for 220 seats is a massive amount of money for very, very little. That's smaller than what is there now! Now I know we're gonna want to make it all fit and look uniform rather than plop a different type of stand next to it like the Tadcaster one, but I just wonder does it make sense to build more than that 220 and get the foundations / roof in place further along in one go while we have people on site. It has to be more cost effective that way, and we have room to expand all the way down to the corner on that side, which has to be the end goal... (plus, we do need the seats. At the moment it's really not ok that a lot of kids can't see what's going on, and i really hope we consider doing an allocated family area with the extra seating).

I think the sponsorship is an excellent idea. Can we sell the naming rights to the whole stand for the next, i dunno, 5 years in exchange for some money? Include some signage on the stand as part of their sponsorship. Someone might be interested. The Northern Echo stand? Who knows, but it's worth asking local businesses the question...

Thats why i have questioned it and gone and asked for a quote myself. Shaun campbell got a quote at quater of the price of the 150k quoted but that was just for the covered seating stand so it makes the ground work seem hellish expensive.

Its in 3 phases i believe
50k for the ground work
50k for the seats
50k for the steel work ie roofing i think.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Tue May 02, 2017 12:37 pm

Craig09 wrote:
H1987 wrote:Who knows about the rumours, but lets be brutally honest here, 150k for 220 seats is a massive amount of money for very, very little. That's smaller than what is there now! Now I know we're gonna want to make it all fit and look uniform rather than plop a different type of stand next to it like the Tadcaster one, but I just wonder does it make sense to build more than that 220 and get the foundations / roof in place further along in one go while we have people on site. It has to be more cost effective that way, and we have room to expand all the way down to the corner on that side, which has to be the end goal... (plus, we do need the seats. At the moment it's really not ok that a lot of kids can't see what's going on, and i really hope we consider doing an allocated family area with the extra seating).

Thats why i have questioned it and gone and asked for a quote myself. Shaun campbell got a quote at quater of the price of the 150k quoted but that was just for the covered seating stand so it makes the ground work seem hellish expensive.

50k for the ground work
50k for the seats
It seems an awful lot doesn't it. I'm slightly concerned we owe money, and rather than tell us, it's being framed as part of the cost of the stand. We know we overspent on the move...

Just putting two and two together, but that seems like an awfully large quote for a relatively small bit of work... What was the original boundaries to build the 500 seat stand before on the fundraising efforts? There definitely wasn't 150k between them... (although I realise there will be additional costs to doing the work in two installments).

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue May 02, 2017 12:49 pm

It was £75,000 last time out (£225k was target, £300k was the 'extended target'). That was eligible for matched funding, it may be coincidence but given it is double the amount I would guess this isn't.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Tue May 02, 2017 12:57 pm

H1987 wrote:
Craig09 wrote:

50k for the ground work
50k for the seats
It seems an awful lot doesn't it. I'm slightly concerned we owe money, and rather than tell us, it's being framed as part of the cost of the stand. We know we overspent on the move...

Just putting two and two together, but that seems like an awfully large quote for a relatively small bit of work... What was the original boundaries to build the 500 seat stand before on the fundraising efforts? There definitely wasn't 150k between them... (although I realise there will be additional costs to doing the work in two installments).
You're putting two and two together and getting five.You have no idea if we owe money and all you are doing is starting another rumour

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Tue May 02, 2017 1:17 pm

If we owe money amongest that 150k the fans should of been told that we owe extra money end of. Its a fans run club and the board or SG should be upfront about everything in my opinion, at the end if the day its the fans money they are dealing with

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue May 02, 2017 1:20 pm

that's interesting. I feel I've witnessed the exact steps through which a rumour takes hold...

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue May 02, 2017 1:45 pm

lo36789 wrote:It was £75,000 last time out (£225k was target, £300k was the 'extended target'). That was eligible for matched funding, it may be coincidence but given it is double the amount I would guess this isn't.
We also found out that we had under budgeted massively as well.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue May 02, 2017 1:47 pm

Just to sum up can I confirm that currently we have no quotes whatsoever, we know the board got three quotes for each piece of work but on these facts we now think the board maybe lying about the debt and we can get the same standard seating structure/height everything for 75k. :thumbup:

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Tue May 02, 2017 2:05 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:Just to sum up can I confirm that currently we have no quotes whatsoever, we know the board got three quotes for each piece of work but on these facts we now think the board maybe lying about the debt and we can get the same standard seating structure/height everything for 75k. :thumbup:

Ground work being an extra .