Potential new investors

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlogramps
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Potential new investors

Post by Darlogramps » Mon May 01, 2017 5:04 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:I've already stated on this thread who I've been told they are. Don't you read this thread? :D
The four names guessed at without anyone having any idea whatsoever throughout this thread are Upshall, the feller from Port Vale, Singh and McClaren.
Amended that for you.
No smoke without fire and all that
Generic cliché which means nothing.

No one on here knows anything tangible. It's all speculation.

My point is proven by the fact 4 wildly different people have been listed.

And roadrunner seems to have had the amazing fortune of spotting 3 people outside a hotel and now sourcing information on Gary Pallister which no one else has. What brilliant luck!

Or he's making it up. I know which is more likely.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Mon May 01, 2017 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Mon May 01, 2017 5:06 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:I've already stated on this thread who I've been told they are. Don't you read this thread? :D
The four names guessed at without anyone having any idea whatsoever throughout this thread are Upshall, the feller from Port Vale, Singh and McClaren.
Amended that for you.

And you know that for a fact?

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon May 01, 2017 5:09 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote: The four names guessed at without anyone having any idea whatsoever throughout this thread are Upshall, the feller from Port Vale, Singh and McClaren.
Amended that for you.

And you know that for a fact?
Yep. People on here make things up and are speculating.

There are no solid facts behind any of the names mentioned. Nothing beyond guesswork to suggest they're involved.

Unless you have any facts to the contrary?

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Mon May 01, 2017 5:28 pm

Yep. People on here make things up and are speculating.

There are no solid facts behind any of the names mentioned. Nothing beyond guesswork to suggest they're involved.

Unless you have any facts to the contrary?
Nope, none at all.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Mon May 01, 2017 5:31 pm

Martin Jesper mingling with the fans on Saturday.....coincidence?

The Golden Hairclip

Potential new investors

Post by The Golden Hairclip » Mon May 01, 2017 5:36 pm

Being a bit naive there Darlogramps. People do actually know people. Whether that be the investors themselves, Martin gray and his management team, solicitors involved with the due diligence process or people on the board or in the supporters group.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Mon May 01, 2017 5:41 pm

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:Martin Jesper mingling with the fans on Saturday.....coincidence?
Asked him point blank"are you coming back".He just laughed and said he was just here for the game.
But then he would wouldn't he---------.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon May 01, 2017 5:56 pm

The Golden Hairclip wrote:Being a bit naive there Darlogramps. People do actually know people. Whether that be the investors themselves, Martin gray and his management team, solicitors involved with the due diligence process or people on the board or in the supporters group.
Nonsense. If anyone had any tangible information, we'd know about it. As such, and in the absence of any factual information, it's all speculation and guesswork.

I'm happy to be wrong. But no one has provided any solid information that the people mentioned in this thread are actually involved.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon May 01, 2017 6:10 pm

General Cliché, is that the one who is at Man City now?

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon May 01, 2017 6:13 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
The Golden Hairclip wrote:Being a bit naive there Darlogramps. People do actually know people. Whether that be the investors themselves, Martin gray and his management team, solicitors involved with the due diligence process or people on the board or in the supporters group.
Nonsense. If anyone had any tangible information, we'd know about it. As such, and in the absence of any factual information, it's all speculation and guesswork.

I'm happy to be wrong. But no one has provided any solid information that the people mentioned in this thread are actually involved.
Not necessarily so.
I heard the Pallister rumour myself this weekend, not sure about that one to be honest. However everything else seems pretty much on the money. When we will find out officially is something else to speculate on.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon May 01, 2017 6:54 pm

loan_star wrote:However everything else seems pretty much on the money.
Shoot me if that includes your Singh rumour :thumbdown:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon May 01, 2017 6:56 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
I don't have a gun :think:

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon May 01, 2017 7:15 pm

Wasn't Pallister brought in in some capacity briefly a few years back? Can't remember whether it was during the Houghton or Singh era.

Found it
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 005244.stm

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

GaryChapman=God

Post by GaryChapman=God » Mon May 01, 2017 7:24 pm

I also spoke with someone who deals with the clubs accounts today. Who confirmed the 2 names we all know are the ones who invested the 10k for the pitch. As much as I hate what he did before I am interested to hear his intentions this time around.

roadrunner

Post by roadrunner » Mon May 01, 2017 7:25 pm

Spyman wrote:Wasn't Pallister brought in in some capacity briefly a few years back? Can't remember whether it was during the Houghton or Singh era.

Found it

Now selling houses with Singh.

bga

Post by bga » Mon May 01, 2017 8:00 pm

roadrunner wrote:
Spyman wrote:Wasn't Pallister brought in in some capacity briefly a few years back? Can't remember whether it was during the Houghton or Singh era.

Found it

Now selling houses with Singh.
All makes perfect sense now. Come in and bankrupt both the Football and Rugby Club...............then build houses on BM!

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Mon May 01, 2017 8:28 pm

Any investor will bring an unsustainable (ultimately) hike in investment, i.e., not covered by income. This may be in a couple of years or much longer, but these investors will eventually run out. The crash for the club will be much more substantial and possibly terminal as I can't see volunteers (from top to bottom) taking up the reins again at whatever level. Fans-run club will also find its own level. Difficult choice to come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon May 01, 2017 8:34 pm

QuakerPete wrote:Any investor will bring an unsustainable (ultimately) hike in investment, i.e., not covered by income. This may be in a couple of years or much longer, but these investors will eventually run out. The crash for the club will be much more substantial and possibly terminal as I can't see volunteers (from top to bottom) taking up the reins again at whatever level. Fans-run club will also find its own level. Difficult choice to come
An investors money has the potential to get us to a level where its easier to be self sustaining, more league and TV money and what should be higher attendances.
Yes the cash may run out eventually but how long can we rely on volunteers bucket rattling too? We are already short of volunteer directors, we can't go on like we are currently either.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon May 01, 2017 8:41 pm

loan_star wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
I don't have a gun :think:

To quote Mr Thornberry from another thread -

"I would forget all this raj Singh business, it's becoming a distraction."
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Mon May 01, 2017 8:49 pm

loan_star wrote:
QuakerPete wrote:Any investor will bring an unsustainable (ultimately) hike in investment, i.e., not covered by income. This may be in a couple of years or much longer, but these investors will eventually run out. The crash for the club will be much more substantial and possibly terminal as I can't see volunteers (from top to bottom) taking up the reins again at whatever level. Fans-run club will also find its own level. Difficult choice to come
An investors money has the potential to get us to a level where its easier to be self sustaining, more league and TV money and what should be higher attendances.
Yes the cash may run out eventually but how long can we rely on volunteers bucket rattling too? We are already short of volunteer directors, we can't go on like we are currently either.
Understand where you're coming from, would be interesting to know how many L1 and L2 clubs are self-sustaining purely through income rather than investment. On and off-field costs last rise a lot, too

Beano

Post by Beano » Mon May 01, 2017 9:06 pm

QuakerPete wrote:
loan_star wrote:
Understand where you're coming from, would be interesting to know how many L1 and L2 clubs are self-sustaining purely through income rather than investment. On and off-field costs last rise a lot, too

You've address my concerns exactly, QuakerPete. I'd hazard a guess that not many are self-sustaining, and that is what worries me. There is no money to be made for an investor from footballing revenues.

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Mon May 01, 2017 9:23 pm

Wasn't there a time between Reynolds and Houghton when Hodgson was manager that the then owner ( can't remember his name ) kept us on a pretty even keel, despite the cost of the arena.

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Mon May 01, 2017 10:03 pm

dfc4me wrote:Wasn't there a time between Reynolds and Houghton when Hodgson was manager that the then owner ( can't remember his name ) kept us on a pretty even keel, despite the cost of the arena.
Stuart Davies headed the Sterling Consortium who were owed money as part of the original funding Reynolds had negotiated to complete the Arena, he took over as a sort of interim chairman...I am sure it was something close to that???
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon May 01, 2017 10:11 pm

We were relatively self sufficient then true but we basically did it through the skill and contacts of David Hodgson. No one else was better at squeezing a final year out of an ex-Boro player or finding an obscure international talent than Hodgy

i might be mistaken but don't remember Hodgson ever paying a transfer fee...well except when he was 'given' Julian Joachim.

Magical Quakers

Post by Magical Quakers » Mon May 01, 2017 10:28 pm

Oh dear. I had assumed the Singh thing was a mistake, but Pallister being the football man seems to make this the most likely scenario.

http://teesbusiness.co.uk/2017/03/15/fo ... evelopment/

Not happy face.....

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Tue May 02, 2017 6:40 am

Magical Quakers wrote:Oh dear. I had assumed the Singh thing was a mistake, but Pallister being the football man seems to make this the most likely scenario.

Not happy face.....
I suppose Gary Pallister's 7 game loan spell is enough to hold the club at heart... :think:

It's just having flipping Raj Singh tied in to all this after how everything was handled 5 years ago. It would be like re-marrying an ex after a very messy divorce and the trust involved in going through partnership again. We'd all be on edge just waiting for the false promises & cheating to happen all over again... :roll:
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue May 02, 2017 6:50 am

Magical Quakers wrote:Oh dear. I had assumed the Singh thing was a mistake, but Pallister being the football man seems to make this the most likely scenario.

Not happy face.....
Just because Singh and Pallister are hanging out together doesn't mean they're the Darlo duo.

I still can't see it.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Tue May 02, 2017 7:33 am

[/quote] On and off-field costs last rise a lot, too
[/quote]

Actually that is a very important point. I don't see many people volunteering under a private investor model. The outcome being that we will pay a lot more in off field costs. Volunteering for the community club is a different motivation to volunteering for a private club

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue May 02, 2017 7:38 am

princes town wrote:Actually that is a very important point. I don't see many people volunteering under a private investor model. The outcome being that we will pay a lot more in off field costs. Volunteering for the community club is a different motivation to volunteering for a private club
It depends. I think for us probably that will be the case. That said visit Salford City and Fylde and they are still heavily powered by volunteers.

I wonder if that is because they had the strong volunteer base in the first place and those people are committed and basically that is part of their routine. We haven't historically had a volunteer base so it feels more contrived and as a result much more likely to walk away.

MinistryOfSillyWalks

Post by MinistryOfSillyWalks » Tue May 02, 2017 11:27 am

It's not Pallister from what I've found out.