Potential new investors

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Beano
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Potential new investors

Post by Beano » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:15 pm

QuakerPete wrote:I presume that once the details are known of the investor, the proposal would be put to individual DFCSG members to vote upon after which the DFCSG board would be duty-bound to follow the result of that vote? Which, in turn, would effectively be the decision as other shareholders have less stake than the DFCSG?
I can't see it any other way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:29 pm

For us to change our status from a fan owned club to selling out to an investor does that require a 2/3 majority vote from DFCSG members, or just 50% plus one.
I rather hope the former.

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:59 pm

banktopp wrote:For us to change our status from a fan owned club to selling out to an investor does that require a 2/3 majority vote from DFCSG members, or just 50% plus one.
I was under the impression it was 75%

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:45 pm

princes town wrote:
banktopp wrote:For us to change our status from a fan owned club to selling out to an investor does that require a 2/3 majority vote from DFCSG members, or just 50% plus one.
75% is correct as a decision to change the rules is classed as an extraordinary resolution and the vote must be taken at a Special General Meeting.

The rule about the asset lock cannot be changed so I think the only alternative would be a vote to change the ownership model of the society itself, if it comes to that.
super_les_mcjannet wrote:They have already put 10k in which in theory could be for nothing.
We don't know if it was one of MG's investors which contacted the club. It might've been someone else with a different line of investment.
Last edited by Mr_Tibbs on Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:58 pm

Mr_Tibbs wrote:
princes town wrote:
75% is correct as a decision to change the rules is classed as an extraordinary resolution and the vote must be taken at a Special General Meeting.

The rule about the asset lock cannot be changed so I think the only alternative would be a vote to change the ownership model of the society itself, if it comes to that.
super_les_mcjannet wrote:They have already put 10k in which in theory could be for nothing.
We don't know if it was once of MG's investors which contacted the club. It might've been someone else with a different line of investment.
The statement said the below, it seemed clear it was the investors to me.
DFC wrote:In the meantime the investors have today kindly matched the “pitch funding” with a £10,000 donation, the club is extremely thankful for this very generous gesture.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:43 pm

Cabron wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote: Well MG and interviewer seemed to think FC Utd had an extra rest day the other week, which wasn't true so not sure he gets everything 100%. Tom Denton Halifax striker who is allegedly on £700 a week is still a part time Footballer.

Yep I agree we are capable of middle to lower National League without an investor although it wouldn't be easy. I don't think we are capable of league football whilst in our current fan owned state, barring a ridiculous player sale/add on or crazy cup run (that we don't do). We would then gamble the next season on a much bigger budget.

I guess we wait to see what comes.
I can 100% assure you that Tom Denton is not on 700 a week at Halifax Town. He might get 700 a week from his work as a plasterer. He will certainly be on 700 a week from his two jobs combined but he is on nothing like 700 a week at The Shay.
Denton was one of the top scorers for North Ferriby and moved to Halifax, I can't say 100% (hence allegedly used) he will be on £700 and when it was mentioned I did think that was too high, however let's not be daft he will be on at least £500 and will be a top earner.

Lincolnshire_Quaker

Post by Lincolnshire_Quaker » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:48 pm

Mr_Tibbs wrote:
Presumably it would be possible to vote by proxy if unable to attend a SGM?
If I were a stick of rock, no prizes for what would be written all the way through .....

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon May 01, 2017 3:26 am

Lincolnshire_Quaker wrote:
Mr_Tibbs wrote:
Yes, I can't see anything in the rules which changes the allowance of proxies for extraordinary resolutions. The quorum for a meeting where a vote is taken on changing the ownership model of the DFCSG is 50% of the members entitled to attend and vote at the meeting, so that would mean approximately 500 full members (junior members are not entitled to vote).

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Mon May 01, 2017 9:34 am

Mr_Tibbs wrote:
Lincolnshire_Quaker wrote:
Mr_Tibbs wrote:
Yes, I can't see anything in the rules which changes the allowance of proxies for extraordinary resolutions. The quorum for a meeting where a vote is taken on changing the ownership model of the DFCSG is 50% of the members entitled to attend and vote at the meeting, so that would mean approximately 500 full members (junior members are not entitled to vote).
If we need 500 to vote where would we hold that meeting? cant be Blackwell Meadows there is not enough room.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Mon May 01, 2017 9:58 am

Have it on the pitch that`s redundant now

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon May 01, 2017 10:31 am

Or by email/post.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon May 01, 2017 10:47 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:Or by email/post.
It must be taken at a Special General Meeting. Also the Supporters Group need to give at least 14 days clear notice to its members before an SGM can take place, so we can count back from that and estimate how long the process of finding a venue, preparing voter forms, assessing options and making recommendations would take.

Also there is the question of what to do if there is more than one proposal - would we need to vote on those first and then vote on any required change of ownership model, or roll it all up into one vote because that would be less likely to produce a large enough majority for any one proposal and so would favour staying as we are.

I think two votes might be necessary or, at least, a survey of members to help the board make their recommendation before going to the time and expense of organising an SGM.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon May 01, 2017 11:15 am

Mr_Tibbs wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:Or by email/post.
It must be taken at a Special General Meeting. Also the Supporters Group need to give at least 14 days clear notice to its members before an SGM can take place, so we can count back from that and estimate how long the process of finding a venue, preparing voter forms, assessing options and making recommendations would take.

Also there is the question of what to do if there is more than one proposal - would we need to vote on those first and then vote on any required change of ownership model, or roll it all up into one vote because that would be less likely to produce a large enough majority for any one proposal and so would favour staying as we are.

I think two votes might be necessary or, at least, a survey of members to help the board make their recommendation before going to the time and expense of organising an SGM.
Well Martin gave us 14 days on Saturday. Guess that means we have 12 days left.

Wonder what happens at the end of those 12 days...suppose Hartlepool have a managerial vacancy at the moment...

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon May 01, 2017 11:22 am

York will be interested in Gray, he has experience at this level and achieved a top 5 finish under the current problems. If they decide Mills is not the way forward then they would be daft not to look at Gray with his experience at this level.

MG may need to decide if he likes the ride of being Darlington manager or if his ambitions are football league, therefore an opportunity say at York could be too big to turn down. Not sure if his academy/college course would then use the York City name and chance of a contract or still Darlington.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Mon May 01, 2017 11:43 am

My expectation is that MG won't be going anywhere just yet. I read his timescales as a 'Don't drag your feet' message rather than an ultimatum, which to be fair to Wayne Raper, he has proceeded as quickly as possible. I think MG will probably stand to benefit personally from any new models.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Mon May 01, 2017 11:55 am

If an offer of investment has been received from a creditable individual or group, the directors must conduct a period of due diligence. Then the directors would advise us the shareholders as to their appraisal of the offer/s.
An SGM with 14 days clear notice, preparing voting forms etc, I think two months would be good going before a decision could be arrived at.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon May 01, 2017 11:56 am

Vodka_Vic wrote: I think MG will probably stand to benefit personally from any new models.
Whaddayamean????
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by grimsbyquaker » Mon May 01, 2017 12:00 pm

Gotta agree Vic. Still think the Arena will feature as it's ready made for league football and has the potential to be developed further - retail, sports etc. The MG academy fits somewhere too

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Mon May 01, 2017 12:08 pm

As well as what Grimsby Quaker said, MG will also benefit from a bigger budget you would assume.

MinistryOfSillyWalks

Post by MinistryOfSillyWalks » Mon May 01, 2017 1:08 pm

Has anyone heard any rumours about who the investors are?

I was talking to a source yesterday who deals with the accounting side of things close to the club and he mentioned 2 names who have pitched in the initial 10k and are in discussions about investing further... but didn't know if this was common knowledge at all!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon May 01, 2017 1:18 pm

MinistryOfSillyWalks wrote:Has anyone heard any rumours about who the investors are?

I was talking to a source yesterday who deals with the accounting side of things close to the club and he mentioned 2 names who have pitched in the initial 10k and are in discussions about investing further... but didn't know if this was common knowledge at all!
So who were the 2 names mentioned?

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Mon May 01, 2017 1:20 pm

Well you obviously haven't read the rest of this thread because there are names all over it.
So who are your two mystery men then.Or do you have a privacy agreement?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon May 01, 2017 1:35 pm

I've already stated on this thread who I've been told they are. Don't you read this thread? :D

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon May 01, 2017 1:48 pm

Best not to name any names, whether guesswork or not.

MinistryOfSillyWalks

Post by MinistryOfSillyWalks » Mon May 01, 2017 1:55 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I've already stated on this thread who I've been told they are. Don't you read this thread? :D
Apologies, I genuinely missed it.

Yep, seems the 2 names mentioned are the ones I was told too, from an extremely reliable and credible source.

Certainly an interesting mix!

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Mon May 01, 2017 1:57 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I've already stated on this thread who I've been told they are. Don't you read this thread? :D
The four names mentioned throughout this thread are Upshall, the feller from Port Vale, Singh and McClaren.

Based on what Gray said at the forum it sounds like McClaren is involved. Especially since he's been spotted at a few games. I take it Singh is the other?

Unless I haven't read this thread completely?

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon May 01, 2017 3:16 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:
The four names guessed at without anyone having any idea whatsoever throughout this thread are Upshall, the feller from Port Vale, Singh and McClaren.
Amended that for you.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Mon May 01, 2017 3:28 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:
The four names guessed at without anyone having any idea whatsoever throughout this thread are Upshall, the feller from Port Vale, Singh and McClaren.
Amended that for you.
No smoke without fire and all that

roadrunner

Post by roadrunner » Mon May 01, 2017 4:22 pm

Singh, mclaren , Garry Pallister + 1

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Mon May 01, 2017 4:33 pm

What like you read the official site (kettle black) before posting on here, what did you say I don't need to cos I find it on hereImage