Community share pledge

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Re: Community share pledge

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:17 am

£43k it is :)

Well spotted :thumbup:

dfc4me
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by dfc4me » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:58 am

Is anything in place yet to allow those of us who don't do Internet banking to join in the fund raising?

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:20 pm

dfc4me wrote:Is anything in place yet to allow those of us who don't do Internet banking to join in the fund raising?
I just sent you a PM with the email address to contact and enquire about alternative ways to pay. I don't like putting email addresses on this forum because they can get picked up by spammers too easily.

For anyone else the address is the "cs@..." one which is you can find at the bottom of this page...

http://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupporte ... ue-2-pitch

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:54 pm

I see that the pitch fund is now £36,778 (85%) and the boost the budget is at £16,120 (20%) - looking good on both fronts.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:47 pm

Once the pitch funding has been raised, which is more important, the budget fund or the start of the stand fund? I'd say the budget.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:06 am

90% funded :clap:
Darlo_Pete wrote:Once the pitch funding has been raised, which is more important, the budget fund or the start of the stand fund? I'd say the budget.
There's no point having a team capable of finishing top 5 next season if we aren't allowed to participate in the playoffs...

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:35 pm

al_quaker wrote:90% funded :clap:
Darlo_Pete wrote:Once the pitch funding has been raised, which is more important, the budget fund or the start of the stand fund? I'd say the budget.
There's no point having a team capable of finishing top 5 next season if we aren't allowed to participate in the playoffs...
You could also argue, what is the point of having a ground good enough for the play-offs and a mid table team. Also if we have a mid table team, that will have an adverse effect on the crowds and the budget.

shawry

Post by shawry » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:40 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
al_quaker wrote:90% funded :clap:
You could also argue, what is the point of having a ground good enough for the play-offs and a mid table team. Also if we have a mid table team, that will have an adverse effect on the crowds and the budget.
Ideally we'd have both which is why we have 2 pitches for fundraising, but I think having a team reach the play offs for the 2nd season running and not being able to take part would be worse for our fan base than a mid table team.

Also, once the ground is of a standard, clearly we could focus on the squad.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon May 01, 2017 11:58 am

And you never know how a team might perform. You could spend all the money in the world and miss out on playoffs, or you could spend less and put together a team that achieves beyond expectations.

Let's get the ground sorted so that when the time comes, we can take promotion.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon May 01, 2017 3:56 pm

Just over 2k to go :clap:

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed May 03, 2017 7:52 pm

Just a warning about pledging for the Boost the Budget. Don't know if it's the case for the other pitches. When giving your sort code, if you don't insert the hyphens then it crashes.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed May 03, 2017 8:32 pm

Good to see the first 43k raised - I hope that doesn't stop fans contributing between now and the next pitch going up.

Boost the budget also looking good with £19,759 in it, though still a hell of a long way to go to 80k. Whatever we can raise in this, it reduces the cut it MGs playing budget.

As said before even £10 a month is £120 over a season, and £20 a month is £240 over a season. If 4 people do £20 a month, thats £960 - nearly 1k, just from 4 people. If every day 4-5 new people contribute, the fund will go up by c£1000 a day. Every penny counts on this.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Thu May 04, 2017 6:07 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:Just a warning about pledging for the Boost the Budget. Don't know if it's the case for the other pitches. When giving your sort code, if you don't insert the hyphens then it crashes.
I can't remember how I did mine but I usually don't insert hyphens in my sort code when I enter it anywhere so I'm not sure if this is an actual bug, or if either your connection dropped out at just the wrong time or they had a momentary server glitch.

I'd be hugely surprised if an established online payments company such as GoCardless didn't have both ways covered in their form handling script so I suspect one of the latter, but it might be something else.

Did you try it without hyphens more than once?

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Thu May 04, 2017 11:32 am

No. It may have crashed at the wrong time, but without hyphens it appeared to crash.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu May 04, 2017 11:11 pm

I didn't put hyphens in and went through fine.

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Fri May 05, 2017 9:42 am

lo36789 wrote:I didn't put hyphens in and went through fine.
That's good to hear. Must've been just bad luck then.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri May 05, 2017 1:02 pm

Someone's just chucked in £5000 :shock: :clap:

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Fri May 05, 2017 1:11 pm

al_quaker wrote:Someone's just chucked in £5000 :shock: :clap:
Yes, just saw it! 12% funded on the latest pitch already - what FAN-tastic fans we've got!

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Fri May 05, 2017 8:14 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
44 years wrote:It feels strange to me that people are saying they are waiting before investing in the community share scheme until they know the investors etc. especially as it is a loan rather than a gift. I believe that whoever the investors are they cant be in it for our assets as we have few (and we have debts and yearly commitments with paying the landlord) and also doubt they have millions to invest so this will need to be a co-operation between the investors (if they actually come on board) and us as fans to drive the club forward and make the experience for current and future fans exceptional. I have just put in my investment (plus an amount for the budget). Please lets not go back to expecting others to provide funds as the experience of the past (feethams and the arena) means we as a fans group will become less involved and not as united and the therefore more likely that we go belly up. Its been a great 5 years - the best continuous period I have known since following the mighty Quakers and long may it continue.

Personally I have other things I can spend my money on, I seen it as a sacrifice I could live with as we were fan owned. However I think MG said that investors would want more than the 15% ownership allowed and more than 51% to give them the balance of power.

If I was putting in a substantial amount then I would probably want the same so I don't blame them for that but if someone else other than the fans is the main owner who I now can't vote out at an AGM then, I would rather spend my money on something else.

I have seen this view with a few others and this is where MG announcement has now put us, some will put in which in theory is a loan and can be taken back between 5-20 years but it's not for me.
The MG v DFCSG PR gaff is unfortunate when we are in the process of raising funds again for keeping the club going forward.

With 51% of the power lost we could end up with the community shares value & the fans' say being worthless. 2 sets of share classes were created at Leeds with the fans' share type demoted to non-voting and thereby worthless by a set of incoming owners.

Having invested a lot (with assurances on interest & withdrawal) I wouldn't want the face value of my shares to be donated to any fly by night future owners.

With the current community share based fundraising there must be guarantees that the club golden share is held by the fans and will not become worthless.

Apart from any share "miss-selling" accusations, I wouldn't want any new investors usurping the fans' ownership as we've been bitten many times by con-men owners, usually without any connection to the town.

The FA ground development issues to reach FL level are a relatively temporary nuisance (4-8 years say?) which isn't very long compared to the life span of DFC. In a "relatively" short time we should not be burdened with satisfying any more FA vanity seating demands.

Using FA logic there are tens of thousands of unsafe grounds in non-league football, because they dont have a large percentage of covered seating. There may be grounds for a multi-club legal challenge to this latest mismanagement by the FA, because their seating preferences may be deemed a restraint on trade.

Rather than MG bemoan fan ownership and fundraising he could consider the small matter of 4 seasons without any serious income / crowd building generated from cup runs.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun May 07, 2017 1:52 pm

Quite staggering really that c£64k (dis-counting the £10k for the investor) has been raised in little over 2 weeks.

Personally I think that, for the short-term, focus has to be switched to the "Boost the Budget Scheme". It's imperative that we keep this squad together over the summer.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu May 11, 2017 8:38 pm

It's great to see after about 5 days complete fundraising stagnation, that now the RS interest is over, that money is piling back into the stand pitch and boost a budget.

We need to keep this going now.

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Fri May 12, 2017 6:51 pm

Is it just me or has there been some pledges taken back out?
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri May 12, 2017 6:56 pm

Allan Quatermain wrote:Is it just me or has there been some pledges taken back out?
Yeah about 5k I reckon. I'm sure I saw it up towards 19k earlier today. Which is a pain

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Fri May 12, 2017 9:09 pm

Didn't the same thing happen with the first pitch near the end when, I think, £3000 was suddenly withdrawn. Is it possible to find out if this is the same person?

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Fri May 12, 2017 11:50 pm

dfc4me wrote:Didn't the same thing happen with the first pitch near the end when, I think, £3000 was suddenly withdrawn. Is it possible to find out if this is the same person?
Could be a number of innocent reasons - maybe someone meant to put in £300 and put an extra zero on the end so went back in to cancel it and do a new pledge, or decided to drop it in the Boost the Budget pitch instead, or some urgent expense cropped up.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue May 16, 2017 7:22 pm

Just tried to log onto the CS website (fundraising.darlingtonsupportersgroup.org) and got the following message

"Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from fundraising.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards)"
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Tue May 16, 2017 9:00 pm

Getting reports via Twitter that it's not working properly for a few people - am looking into it.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Wed May 17, 2017 9:36 am

Think we've got a handle on what's gone on here, fix is in place and will roll out over the next few hours (DNS related, so it needs to propagate...)
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed May 17, 2017 9:37 am

How come the pitch fund seems to be open again, with 2 days left to pledge and now 44k in it?

Has someone taken a pledge back out of the initial 43k?

divas

Post by divas » Wed May 17, 2017 10:31 am

Quakerz wrote:How come the pitch fund seems to be open again, with 2 days left to pledge and now 44k in it?

Has someone taken a pledge back out of the initial 43k?
The days left on the pledge has a bit of a bug in that once the deadline has passed it starts to count days from the deadline so it'll increment every day. The pitch isn't accepting any pledges tho

I added a missing pledge made offline this morning hence the uplift from 43K to 44K. Once all monies are collected if all come in I'll roll any surplus over to the next community share issue