Fans' Behaviour

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

theoriginalfatcat
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Fans' Behaviour

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:52 pm

quakerste wrote:Some of those involved on Saturday are at home and away games they are not occasional supporters.

OK. I stand corrected.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Feethams 1966

Post by Feethams 1966 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:47 pm

If the club has a "pondlife policy" for dealing with these thugs I'd like to hear what it is.
We could then help more if we knew what evidence was required and in what format. Such a policy could be communicated via the website and/or matchday programme. Frankly the yobs sicken me. I hope they are rotting their livers. What worthless lives they must lead. Their loutish behaviour is bad enough when witnessed by all decent adults, but for children present it is truly frightening.

DL5

Post by DL5 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:01 am

We need to pass names and evidence onto the police for offences such as throwing things onto the pitch and/or going onto the pitch so they can prosecute and impose a football banning order. That'll fettle these tools

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:39 pm

No fans photo's on the official site this week for the Fylde game. This could be a mistake as fans on here could identify the culprits from photo's posted on the official site.

TDS

Post by TDS » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:58 am

It is all well and good relying on people's memories and interpretations to remove this element, but without pictures and evidence of them actually committing an offence then what can the club/police do? OK, we know that guy threw a bottle, what if he says he didn't?

On second thoughts, we've had stonewall evidence of that fat lad in the red top lobbing a pint pot in a bar VS Scarborough(?), reported in their local press and he still goes to games (as I believe Loan_star pointed out?).

Two fans from Fylde ran on the pitch for their goal I saw in the Gray interview, must've been their hooligan element too?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:07 pm

TDS wrote:It is all well and good relying on people's memories and interpretations to remove this element, but without pictures and evidence of them actually committing an offence then what can the club/police do? OK, we know that guy threw a bottle, what if he says he didn't?
I'd hope the criminal justice system in the UK was capable of dealing with a guilty person denying an offence - I am guessing they will at least start with multiple witnesses.

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:50 pm

Statement from Darlington FC relating to the crowd incidents at AFC Fylde last Saturday

Following on from our request for information about trouble caused by a small number of fans at the AFC Fylde match, we would like to thank everyone who provided us with statements, videos and images of events that day. As a result, the Board of Darlington Football Club has banned two individuals from attending matches at Blackwell Meadows until further notice.

We have photographs of those two individuals and will be instructing our stewards not to allow them access to the ground. We have also provided information to the Police in order that they can consider what further formal action might be appropriate. We are working closely with Durham Constabulary who are assisting Lancashire Police with the post-match investigation and subsequent action, and pending a decision from those two Police forces, we will not be publically disclosing the individuals’ names.

We believe that we have evidence of an individual who threw a full container of liquid at the Fylde goalkeeper, and we have asked the Police to investigate this. We have also obtained a photographs of individuals who we believe were underage and consuming alcohol. These images have been passed to Police as part of our policy of sharing all relevant information with them.

In respect of incidents that occurred at the Altrincham and FCUM matches earlier this season, we can now report that two adult police cautions were issued by Police, in relation to persons entering the playing area and the area adjacent to it, and one national football banning order was issued by the courts to an individual involved in football related disorder. The persons concerned were attending fixtures claiming to be Darlington fans.

We are now working with the Darlington FC Supporters Group to determine ways that we can minimise as best we can the attendance at away matches of those intent on causing trouble.

As a fan-owned club, we will not tolerate behaviour which brings our name into disrepute, and we are committed to taking action wherever we have evidence. We will also share information with the Police so that criminal proceedings can be considered.