Playing Budget for next season

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

bga
Team Supported: Darlington

Playing Budget for next season

Post by bga » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:24 am

See Programme notes from Saturday.
"Martin's budget for next season, more than any other budget at the club, will be based upon season ticket receipts as we look to consolidate our finances after a number of challenging years taking into account our success on the pitch with 3 promotions, and off the pitch with our move back to Darlington."

I am not sure how the playing budget was set in previous seasons but the approach outlined above seems sensible. What do others think?

Gow9900

Re: Playing Budget for next season

Post by Gow9900 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:48 pm

It's definitely sensible, and season ticket sales will ultimately dictate what our ambitions are for the next season and going by that, the next few seasons.

If we don't get promoted this season then season ticket uptake will dictate what our ambitions are for next season in this league. Good uptake and another promotion tilt will be the ambition, poor uptake could lead to us just looking to consolidate.

So get them bought! haha

spen666

Post by spen666 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:10 pm

short of getting huge sums of TV money or silly amounts in sponsorship, then season ticket sales are only real income any club has of its expected income for the next season

spen666

Post by spen666 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:10 pm

short of getting huge sums of TV money or silly amounts in sponsorship, then season ticket sales are only real income any club has of its expected income for the next season

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:09 pm

spen666 wrote:short of getting huge sums of TV money or silly amounts in sponsorship, then season ticket sales are only real income any club has of its expected income for the next season
I don't know what you mean?

ST volumes as a percentage of average attendances aren't that high are they 600 v 1600? Obviously on the gate is more income per game than STs.

Is it an indicator of our income definitely but I am sure there was a bit around in a healthy model gate receipts are worth was it circa 40% of revenues? I can't really remember it was ages ago with Martin Jesper mentioned about that at a fans forum.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:17 pm

Yes, but one hopes the club don't budget based on walk ups too much. The season ticket money comes in one bundle.

We need more coming through the door to keep pushing on, but i'm not sure how that happens with the ground in its current state. Something of a catch 22. Part of me hopes for the playoffs purely for the extra bundle of money, where as I think promotion might be too early at this point.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:21 pm

spen666 wrote:short of getting huge sums of TV money or silly amounts in sponsorship, then season ticket sales are only real income any club has of its expected income for the next season
Says the Spennymoor fan....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

spen666

Post by spen666 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:00 pm

Spyman wrote:

Can't resist can you

bga

Post by bga » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:48 pm

H1987 wrote:Yes, but one hopes the club don't budget based on walk ups too much. The season ticket money comes in one bundle.

We need more coming through the door to keep pushing on, but i'm not sure how that happens with the ground in its current state. Something of a catch 22. Part of me hopes for the playoffs purely for the extra bundle of money, where as I think promotion might be too early at this point.
The statement from the club seems clear the playing budget is "based on season ticket receipts," obviously there are other factors like "walk ups." I don't envy anyone trying to set this budget, irrespective of what league we are in next season, if God forbid we did struggle, gates could drop below 1,000, so I hope they are realistic with any predicated gate revenue. Finally let's hope we do not include any Cups runs because as we know we do not do these!

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:05 pm

spen666 wrote:
Spyman wrote:

Can't resist can you
Just like you seemingly can't resist on posting about matters relating to Darlo you mean?
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:06 pm

Well I think next year we need to take all cup games seriously as it`s much needed extra revenue which will be needed if we are to progress

coles

Post by coles » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:21 pm

certainly going to be interesting to see what that budget will be given the 500 club season ticket money has been eaten up on getting back to Darlo. However you have to applaud the board for good housekeeping in regards to living within our means.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:29 pm

Spen....Yellow card for repetition.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:09 pm

spen666 wrote:
Spyman wrote:

Can't resist can you
Just pointing out the irony of your post.

Where does a huge chunk of Spennymoor's income come from?

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:36 pm

darlo reborn wrote:Well I think next year we need to take all cup games seriously as it`s much needed extra revenue which will be needed if we are to progress
We always take the big cup games seriously, it's just that we're useless at cup games. Taking a cup game seriously doesn't mean you'll go through as the opponents are just as likely to be taking the game as serious as us.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:56 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
darlo reborn wrote:Well I think next year we need to take all cup games seriously as it`s much needed extra revenue which will be needed if we are to progress
We always take the big cup games seriously, it's just that we're useless at cup games. Taking a cup game seriously doesn't mean you'll go through as the opponents are just as likely to be taking the game as serious as us.
Every game we change the team. Is that the issue - No, however if it was a league game we wouldn't change the team. Sometimes this will give off the feeling to players/fans that this game isn't quite as important.