Garry Brown Suspensions

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

poppyfield
Team Supported: Darlington

Garry Brown Suspensions

Post by poppyfield » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:01 pm

Garry Brown will miss the next 2 games, Brackley and Bradford Park Avenue.
So maybe Marrs at RB and Hunter at CB?
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

QUAKERMAN2

Re: Garry Brown Suspensions

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:15 pm

That's the best option, neither will let us down and looks like no more long throws for now.If we can beat Brackley our next 2 games are Bradford and Gainsborough which gives us a great chance of getting back in the top 5.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:55 am

Whilst sad to see Brown missing from the starting sheet, perhaps a good time for him to miss games rather than during the run-in against top teams or, dare I say, the play-offs.

Thought Marrs was injured, so would be a great time for him to make a comeback although would he be able to last a full 90 minutes? Between him and Galbraith, the position could easily be filled, or will MG pull another rabbit out of the hat and sign / loan someone capable of fitting in the back four? Hopefully someone like David Wheater.....

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:57 pm

jjljks wrote:Whilst sad to see Brown missing from the starting sheet, perhaps a good time for him to miss games rather than during the run-in against top teams or, dare I say, the play-offs.

Thought Marrs was injured, so would be a great time for him to make a comeback although would he be able to last a full 90 minutes? Between him and Galbraith, the position could easily be filled, or will MG pull another rabbit out of the hat and sign / loan someone capable of fitting in the back four? Hopefully someone like David Wheater.....
Is that fits the mould like David Wheater or actually Wheater himself because he resigned for Bolton last time I heard, playing in league one.

Marrs was on the bench on Saturday, so could do with a few training sessions under his belt. Could put Tez there, but he's always without a lot of minutes on the pitch recently.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:45 pm

D_F_C wrote:
jjljks wrote:Whilst sad to see Brown missing from the starting sheet, perhaps a good time for him to miss games rather than during the run-in against top teams or, dare I say, the play-offs.

Is that fits the mould like David Wheater or actually Wheater himself because he resigned for Bolton last time I heard, playing in league one.

Marrs was on the bench on Saturday, so could do with a few training sessions under his belt. Could put Tez there, but he's always without a lot of minutes on the pitch recently.
I meant in the mould of David Wheater, rather than the man himself as I am sure we could not afford him at the moment. DW came to Darlo as a raw teenage graduate of the Boro Academy. Someone with a lot of height , speed and skill would be welcome.

Glad to see Marrs coming back into the mix and also that Beck did well in filling Galbraith's role as penalty taker. Not sure if we have anyone else who can do long throws quite as well as Brown, but perhaps we can show a bit more initiative and variation to make up for this.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:48 pm

to be honest, when watching Beck's penalty it wasn't a great pen. It was only slightly to the left of the keeper. Had he gone the right way it would have been an easy save. And yes I'm aware that the keeper didn't go the right way.

I'm not the kind of person who states that it's a great penalty when the keeper goes the wrong way

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:12 pm

D_F_C wrote:to be honest, when watching Beck's penalty it wasn't a great pen. It was only slightly to the left of the keeper. Had he gone the right way it would have been an easy save. And yes I'm aware that the keeper didn't go the right way.

I'm not the kind of person who states that it's a great penalty when the keeper goes the wrong way
But you are the kind of person to find fault where there is non :crazy:.He scored for Christs sake,what more could he do.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:44 pm

Perhaps he had seen that the keeper had gone one way and then put it the other, it does happen you know.