Quaker Retail

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

loan_star
Team Supported: Darlington

Quaker Retail

Post by loan_star » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:24 pm

Anyone know why Quaker Retail are made to set up on tables outside the ground instead of being allowed to set up inside where they would get some cover from the balcony? Seems daft having them outside the turnstiles.

Darlo_Pete

Re: Quaker Retail

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:49 pm

I guess it's because they want to catch everybody as they are walking in. Don't know why they don't set up inside the ground for half-time trade.

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:50 pm

Best placed for footfall exactly where they are. Be silly to move them in my opinion.
Think before posting

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:40 pm

I asked them this last night given there was virtually no lighting where they were. They were diplomatic in the answer but seems like there is "no space" for them inside the ground.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:59 pm

Robbie Painter wrote:I asked them this last night given there was virtually no lighting where they were. They were diplomatic in the answer but seems like there is "no space" for them inside the ground.
:shock: No space...

I actually think the location isn't horrendous - plenty of footfall. However, being exposed to the elements, with nothing more than a trestle table must be pretty grim when the weather is bad, and it quite frankly looks rather amateurish (no criticism of the excellent volunteers).

Hopefully a (semi)permanent structure can be put up somewhere to house QR and programme sales. There has been a pie shed constructed for the food, which looks much better than the tent+trestle table set up of the first few games, so I'm sure something better could be sorted out for our superb merchandise and programme sellers

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:12 pm

I thought the same thing about them being outside but what about putting a table in the bar for them

Maybe next to the big screen at the bottom and then maybe make some posters stating that Quaker retails in inside the bar and put them on the turnstyles as you go in ?

I was in the bar last night and althought it was busy but not full you could easily sort something in that bottom corner. What about them doors at the bottom too or are they alarmed with them being a fire exit

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:39 pm

BUSHEAD wrote:Best placed for footfall exactly where they are. Be silly to move them in my opinion.
Being at the top of the lane is also good for footfall but no good to anyone if its raining.
Its a daft situation.

darlodog

Post by darlodog » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:15 pm

Like everything else I'm sure it will be addressed a lot of things have been sorted out imo parking, use of bars, concessions.