Richard Brodie

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Would you sign Brodie?

Yes
28%
No
72%

Total votes: 39

Darlogramps
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Richard Brodie

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:54 pm

Quakerz wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:Think Quakerz is on the wind up. Either that or he's banged his head.
It's one or the other.

York, and now Boston have worked out that Brodie has run out of steam - I reckon he's just the sort of player Gray wouldn't want.
But Gray DID want him just a few weeks ago.

I trust his opinion more than an anti-Brodie message board mob.
Calling it a mob is a little unfair. People are entitled not to want Brodie. Granted some of the responses, like HarryCharltonsCat's "If you disagree with me, you're making it up or you've banged your head," are very much sub-standard.

But there are plenty of legitimate counter-arguments which have been. He's looking for his 8th different permanent club in less than four years, which indicates a rabbit off somewhere. That, combined with all the reports of an attitude problem, are enough to create concern.

I would agree there's the potential for quality with Brodie, but it'd be a big risk which, considering we've not struggled for goals this season, I don't think would be worth taking.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:58 pm

Darlogramps wrote:Calling it a mob is a little unfair. People are entitled not to want Brodie. Granted some of the responses, like HarryCharltonsCat's "If you disagree with me, you're making it up or you've banged your head," are very much sub-standard.
Where did HarryCharltonsCat say that?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:19 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:Calling it a mob is a little unfair. People are entitled not to want Brodie. Granted some of the responses, like HarryCharltonsCat's "If you disagree with me, you're making it up or you've banged your head," are very much sub-standard.
:lol: Way to miss the point.

I'll wait for HarryCharltonsCat to bite as well. But that was the essence of the post, which you agreed with.

Quakerz made a good argument, albeit one not a lot of people agreed with. But a brief and simple bit of research into his post-history shows it's a view he's stated several times on this board.

Dismissing it in the way you and HarryCharltonsCat did, rather than engaging the discussion, was weak and unnecessary.

And as has been pointed out, if you're dismissing the point Quakerz makes, you're also saying Martin Gray was on the wind-up, or had banged his head, given we have been interested in Brodie this season.

DFCAnth

Post by DFCAnth » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:31 pm

Seems to be more in favour of not signing him reading the posts- I've added a poll to the opening post to see what everyone thinks as I'm sure there is a few who haven't posted here but have an opinion about Brodie.

The Golden Hairclip

Post by The Golden Hairclip » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:35 pm

We lose nothing by bringing him in on non-contract terms. If it works great, if he's the slacker that some people think then get rid. Simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:59 pm

Not gonna happen in my opinion.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:18 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
:lol: Way to miss the point.

I'll wait for HarryCharltonsCat to bite as well. But that was the essence of the post, which you agreed with.

Quakerz made a good argument, albeit one not a lot of people agreed with. But a brief and simple bit of research into his post-history shows it's a view he's stated several times on this board.

Dismissing it in the way you and HarryCharltonsCat did, rather than engaging the discussion, was weak and unnecessary.

And as has been pointed out, if you're dismissing the point Quakerz makes, you're also saying Martin Gray was on the wind-up, or had banged his head, given we have been interested in Brodie this season.
I'm not missing any point Gramps - for some reason you chose to misquote Harry (he never said what you put between quotation marks) then state that his view is sub standard!

What he actually wrote was
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:Think Quakerz is on the wind up. Either that or he's banged his head.
-- which reads to me like a light hearted, humorous bit of fun, not the "essence" of his post at all.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

44 years

Post by 44 years » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:48 am

I have been to a few york games when Brodie was originally at york and on his recent spell there. He was not some one I would pick above our current strikers on the games I have seen ( there current striker john parkin is a far better striker on the game i have recently seen and both were overweight ). I cant honestly believe MG actually would have gone for brodie If he has had honest feedback.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:02 pm

Yeah can't be bothered to read the thread.

Not all that and not needed.

Next.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:02 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Quakerz wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
It's one or the other.

York, and now Boston have worked out that Brodie has run out of steam - I reckon he's just the sort of player Gray wouldn't want.

Calling it a mob is a little unfair. People are entitled not to want Brodie. Granted some of the responses, like HarryCharltonsCat's "If you disagree with me, you're making it up or you've banged your head," are very much sub-standard.

But there are plenty of legitimate counter-arguments which have been. He's looking for his 8th different permanent club in less than four years, which indicates a rabbit off somewhere. That, combined with all the reports of an attitude problem, are enough to create concern.

I would agree there's the potential for quality with Brodie, but it'd be a big risk which, considering we've not struggled for goals this season, I don't think would be worth taking.
Oh Please. Sorry my tongue in cheek response upset you. In future, I shall only post two page essays, thoroughly researched, and all sources namechecked. You Cock.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:16 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Quakerz wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
It's one or the other.

Oh Please. Sorry my tongue in cheek response upset you. In future, I shall only post two page essays, thoroughly researched, and all sources namechecked. You Cock.
Knew I'd get you to bite! You're so easy to wind up.

Namecalling and exaggerations because I called your post substandard - a standard tantrum for you.

Once you've put your toys back in the pram, perhaps you might explain why you don't want the club to sign Brodie (which you've not actually done yet).

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:23 pm

Gray has spoken to brodie but hes 100% not coming. He would need to shed some weight before martin even thought about it

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:16 pm

Craig09 wrote:Gray has spoken to brodie but hes 100% not coming. He would need to shed some weight before martin even thought about it
Thank fook

bga

Post by bga » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:55 am

Brodie apparently very keen to sign having heard of the Pizza Express deal.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:27 pm

I'de rather have his potential fees, wages & expenses going towards the improvement of the pitch, drains and spectating areas.

Boring, but probably a better investment.

Will Smith

Post by Will Smith » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:01 pm

having seen him play at Southport and Aldershot in recent seasons.... he is complete pony and has an attitude. We'd do well to avoid

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:09 pm

I would agree there's the potential for quality with Brodie, but it'd be a big risk which, considering we've not struggled for goals this season, I don't think would be worth taking.[/quote]
Oh Please. Sorry my tongue in cheek response upset you. In future, I shall only post two page essays, thoroughly researched, and all sources namechecked. You Cock.[/quote]

Knew I'd get you to bite! You're so easy to wind up.

Namecalling and exaggerations because I called your post substandard - a standard tantrum for you.

Once you've put your toys back in the pram, perhaps you might explain why you don't want the club to sign Brodie (which you've not actually done yet).[/quote][/quote]

As we've got you, we don't need another cock. Good enough reason? Or we've already got Beck, why waste a wage on an unfit, older, past his prime version? Or we don't struggle for goals, if we can afford another player on what you would expect to be a decent wage, are there other areas we could strengthen that would aid us better. And it's nice to know you think about me when you frame your posts. Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling you old goat you.

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:42 am

Will Smith wrote:having seen him play at Southport and Aldershot in recent seasons.... he is complete pony and has an attitude. We'd do well to avoid
Yep, posted in another topic about him but have seen most of his season at York.

He's massively unfit with no intention of ever getting so, and is guaranteed at least a booking a game for spitting his dummy out with the refs over even the smallest decision. For example, he was booked in the first half for York for shouting right in the face of linesman about a throw being two yards too far forward, despite it still being around the halfway line. Similar incidents occured almost every game he played.

On the pitch he can certainly finish and he'll run himself into the ground (which takes about 10-20 minutes at most) but he's far more a liability than an asset. Here are some opinions of him from York fans, he split the crowd down here a bit more as a fan favourite, but even then most realise he was never going to come good.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/yorkci ... al_consent_/
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:54 am

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
As we've got you, we don't need another cock. Good enough reason? Or we've already got Beck, why waste a wage on an unfit, older, past his prime version? Or we don't struggle for goals, if we can afford another player on what you would expect to be a decent wage, are there other areas we could strengthen that would aid us better. And it's nice to know you think about me when you frame your posts. Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling you old goat you.
A three-day tantrum because I said your post was "sub-standard". Imagine how long it would be if someone said something genuinely unpleasant.
It is funny toying with your childish mind though.

Namecalling is never a good look, though. Dislike me all you want, but you may wish to stop embarrassing yourself in front of everyone else that way.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:33 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
A three-day tantrum because I said your post was "sub-standard". Imagine how long it would be if someone said something genuinely unpleasant.
It is funny toying with your childish mind though.

Namecalling is never a good look, though. Dislike me all you want, but you may wish to stop embarrassing yourself in front of everyone else that way.
I love you toying with me. Promise you'll never stop!