Real Ale Pub Wecomes Darlo Fans

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

djm68
Team Supported: Darlington

Real Ale Pub Wecomes Darlo Fans

Post by djm68 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:09 pm

First and foremost, congratulations on the move to Blackwell Meadows and on Saturday’s win!

A lot of you will be coming down to Stockport next Saturday. I am part of a Co-operative that just over 12 months ago purchased "Ye Olde Vic" pub in Edgeley, Stockport to stop it being demolished.

Our normal Saturday hours are 5:00pm -11:00pm, but last season for the visit of FC United we opened at 12:30pm for their visit to Stockport and we repeated this last month to accommodate Altrincham fans. Both occasions were totally positive experiences for all concerned. The supporters were a credit to their clubs. We will open at 12:30pm this coming Saturday and would like to extend a similar invitation to Darlo fans.

We expect to have six real ales on. We do operate a no swearing policy, which might appear a little draconian, but we find it ensures the pub remains a 'safe haven' for all and it is generally appreciated. We do not do food, so line your stomachs beforehand!

The pub is located at the corner of Chatham St and King St West (SK3 9ED) and about 10 minutes walk from Edgeley Park. It is only a matter of yards from the Edgeley Approach to Stockport Station.

We look forward to seeing some of you.

Any queries, please contact Dave Miller via 07599472598 or this e-mail.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Re: Real Ale Pub Wecomes Darlo Fans

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:36 pm

djm68 wrote:First and foremost, congratulations on the move to Blackwell Meadows and on Saturday’s win!

A lot of you will be coming down to Stockport next Saturday. I am part of a Co-operative that just over 12 months ago purchased "Ye Olde Vic" pub in Edgeley, Stockport to stop it being demolished.

Our normal Saturday hours are 5:00pm -11:00pm, but last season for the visit of FC United we opened at 12:30pm for their visit to Stockport and we repeated this last month to accommodate Altrincham fans. Both occasions were totally positive experiences for all concerned. The supporters were a credit to their clubs. We will open at 12:30pm this coming Saturday and would like to extend a similar invitation to Darlo fans.

We expect to have six real ales on. We do operate a no swearing policy, which might appear a little draconian, but we find it ensures the pub remains a 'safe haven' for all and it is generally appreciated. We do not do food, so line your stomachs beforehand!

The pub is located at the corner of Chatham St and King St West (SK3 9ED) and about 10 minutes walk from Edgeley Park. It is only a matter of yards from the Edgeley Approach to Stockport Station.

We look forward to seeing some of you.

Any queries, please contact Dave Miller via 07599472598 or this e-mail.
Do you sell stuff for the fizzy pop brigade too,just we have some like me not into real ale?Not many who like fizzy pop though!

victor meldrew

Post by victor meldrew » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:46 pm

I like fizzy pop and crisps too

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:27 am

If you have a mouth full of real ale and ice cubes whilst munching real pork scratchings, then it does snap, crackle and pop like lager. Also quite a good game to play! ;)

djm68

Post by djm68 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:41 pm

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
Do you sell stuff for the fizzy pop brigade too,just we have some like me not into real ale?Not many who like fizzy pop though!
We do stoop that low! Assume you're referring to lager (affectionally ordered as a pint of "muck" in our place!). We should at least have Fosters on and we have been known to supplement this with "Bud". We actually struggled to even get the Fosters out last night, as we hit a problem with the chiller and had to resort to handing out cans to the one person drinking it! Hopefully have this sorted by the time you arrive.

darlocity
Team Supported: Darlington-Man City

Post by darlocity » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:27 pm

Is there parking available at the pub or nearby.

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:12 pm

djm68 wrote:
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
We do stoop that low! Assume you're referring to lager (affectionally ordered as a pint of "muck" in our place!). We should at least have Fosters on and we have been known to supplement this with "Bud". We actually struggled to even get the Fosters out last night, as we hit a problem with the chiller and had to resort to handing out cans to the one person drinking it! Hopefully have this sorted by the time you arrive.
You sound like the guys I go with...some bottled Desperado or suchlike will do me!

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:41 pm

Come on Mick, I can't drink real either but Desperado-honestly! That's horrible stuff.

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:09 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:Come on Mick, I can't drink real either but Desperado-honestly! That's horrible stuff.
I love it,think im going a bit mad in my old age!

djm68

Post by djm68 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:23 pm

darlocity wrote:Is there parking available at the pub or nearby.
Not at the pub ( well 2 spaces if you're lucky - we're a small pub on a very small site!), but plenty of street parking within 50 yards. Can walk to the ground easily, so no need to re-park for the match.

darlocity

Post by darlocity » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:17 pm

djm68 wrote:
Not at the pub ( well 2 spaces if you're lucky - we're a small pub on a very small site!), but plenty of street parking within 50 yards. Can walk to the ground easily, so no need to re-park for the match.
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to Man City game after the Darlo game, if I park in the streets how easy/quick is it to get away.

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:23 pm

darlocity wrote:
djm68 wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to Man City game after the Darlo game, if I park in the streets how easy/quick is it to get away.
I live nearby and if you park near the pub you are not far from the M60 Junction that will take you to the turn off the M60 you need for City.Given my tickets to my Dad as I will be watching City on the box afterwards in a pub somewhere.You might make City kick off as the roads should be empty as everyone will have already parked up at the ground.

djm68

Post by djm68 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:58 pm

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
darlocity wrote:
djm68 wrote:
I live nearby and if you park near the pub you are not far from the M60 Junction that will take you to the turn off the M60 you need for City.Given my tickets to my Dad as I will be watching City on the box afterwards in a pub somewhere.You might make City kick off as the roads should be empty as everyone will have already parked up at the ground.
MCFC Darlo 3 is spot on. Go anti-clockwise on M60 and you can take either Junc23 (Signposted still as 'SportsCity', I think) or 24.

Several of us will be going to the City game including fourof my mates from Dublin who should be in 'The Vic' first (which unfortunately means we can't make your game). Look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

Darl-Zero

Post by Darl-Zero » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:45 am

That clinches the deal!
Great real ale pub, been twice before.
Very near the station on the edgeley side.

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:30 am

djm68 wrote:
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
darlocity wrote:
djm68 wrote:
MCFC Darlo 3 is spot on. Go anti-clockwise on M60 and you can take either Junc23 (Signposted still as 'SportsCity', I think) or 24.

Several of us will be going to the City game including fourof my mates from Dublin who should be in 'The Vic' first (which unfortunately means we can't make your game). Look forward to seeing you tomorrow.
City,Darlo and beer........just need some dancing girls on and its a perfect Saturday!

darlocity

Post by darlocity » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:20 am

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
darlocity wrote:
djm68 wrote:

Many thanks

djm68

Post by djm68 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:10 pm

Just a note from us at Ye Olde Vic to say thanks to all those Darlo fans who called in and had a pint with us. Like FC United and Altrincham before you, you were a credit to your club. It was much appreciated. Sounded a good game too! Good luck for the rest of the season and you never know, you might be re-visiting us in the Play-offs! Cheers. Dave M

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:13 pm

djm68 wrote:Just a note from us at Ye Olde Vic to say thanks to all those Darlo fans who called in and had a pint with us. Like FC United and Altrincham before you, you were a credit to your club. It was much appreciated. Sounded a good game too! Good luck for the rest of the season and you never know, you might be re-visiting us in the Play-offs! Cheers. Dave M
Cheers,the Czech fizzy pop was lovely