Pitch Covers

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

quakersam
Team Supported: Darlington

Pitch Covers

Post by quakersam » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:07 pm

Anyone know if we've brought our pitch covers down from Heritage Park, we may need them Friday night. Only -1 overnight forecast at the moment but could probably do with covering in front of the stand on the far side. Put me down for volunteering to put them on the pitch Friday night if required
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

loan_star

Re: Pitch Covers

Post by loan_star » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:48 pm

That stand casts a shadow over past the centre circle. I've been down there in the early afternoon after a frost and that part of the pitch is still white. Hopefully the covers are big!

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:14 pm

quakersam wrote:Anyone know if we've brought our pitch covers down from Heritage Park, we may need them Friday night. Only -1 overnight forecast at the moment but could probably do with covering in front of the stand on the far side. Put me down for volunteering to put them on the pitch Friday night if required
Probably need them down on Thursday to be safe if we have them... Has anyone contacted the club to ask the question??

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:27 pm

I think we need to confirm that we have pitch covers first. Frosts later this week and cold temperatures during the day, don't look good for footie on Saturday.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:37 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
quakersam wrote:Anyone know if we've brought our pitch covers down from Heritage Park, we may need them Friday night. Only -1 overnight forecast at the moment but could probably do with covering in front of the stand on the far side. Put me down for volunteering to put them on the pitch Friday night if required
Probably need them down on Thursday to be safe if we have them... Has anyone contacted the club to ask the question??
I've asked the DFCSG

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:38 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I think we need to confirm that we have pitch covers first. Frosts later this week and cold temperatures during the day, don't look good for footie on Saturday.
As far as I know the ones in the far corner at HP were ours from the Arena