much improved

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

H1987
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: much improved

Post by H1987 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:57 pm

I'm not sure I can think of any stadium, small or large, where if you park at the official stadium parking, you can get away straight away. It's such a non issue.

trotskycat

Post by trotskycat » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:52 pm

A cheaper way to improve things may be to look to add a pedestrian footpath to the main road which would allow the traffic to leave straight away.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:40 pm

There is a pedestrian footpath, but fans just walked up the road. I still can't understand, how it takes a crowd of 2300 so long to disperse. Surely it should only take 10 minutes max. If fans are being kept in the carpark for so long, fans will stop using the carpark and park elsewhere.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:36 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:There is a pedestrian footpath, but fans just walked up the road. I still can't understand, how it takes a crowd of 2300 so long to disperse. Surely it should only take 10 minutes max. If fans are being kept in the carpark for so long, fans will stop using the carpark and park elsewhere.
There is a fan with traffic management expertise who has identified where the traffic flow can be improved without compromising safety. Teething problems were expected so things can only get better.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:47 am

trotskycat wrote:A cheaper way to improve things may be to look to add a pedestrian footpath to the main road which would allow the traffic to leave straight away.
Like your lateral thinking! Absolutely obvious to separate pedestrians & traffic, with a five foot wide footpath being a much cheaper but effective option we could do using volunteer labour. :clap: