NUNEATON GAME

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

darlo reborn
Team Supported: Darlington

NUNEATON GAME

Post by darlo reborn » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:21 pm

Just heard off someone this game has been made all ticket anyone verify this makes no difference to me as I have a ST.

super_les_mcjannet

Re: NUNEATON GAME

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:27 pm

darlo reborn wrote:Just heard off someone this game has been made all ticket anyone verify this makes no difference to me as I have a ST.
Yes it's all ticket and yes this makes no difference to you as a ST holder.

Just turn up on Sat with your ST :thumbup:

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:29 pm

http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/tic ... -nuneaton/

Unsegregated, and my guess is it won't sell out, which will hopefully make things easier for the facilities and actually being able to see!

bga

Post by bga » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:42 pm

Wonder how many tickets have been offered to Nuneaton, are these included in the 2,200 on sale to non-season tickets holders?

bga

Post by bga » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:44 pm

Also is capacity therefore 3,299 as un-segregated?

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:51 pm

If we have 800 season ticket holders then we might have given them 99 which still leaves 200 to play with regarding capacity

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:48 pm

Sensible decision IMO and whilst it's a little bit of a pain for those who have to buy tickets it should allow the club to improve the match day experience

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:57 pm

Note that you can join the DFCSG online before heading down to Quaker Retail to buy your tickets, or take £20 with you and fill in an application form and join there and then when you go for your tickets.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

carlodarlo

Post by carlodarlo » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:27 pm

Creates a problem for me with it being all ticket, I manage a football team in Cumbria and we play on Saturdays kicking off at 2pm. If my game is called off (frozen pitch, waterlogged, etc) its usually done around 11am on the Saturday and only then can I know I can attend the Darlington game (whether it's home or away). I've been to 6 games this season, managed about 15 last season due to all the midweek games. There is no point in me buying a season ticket as I'm not guaranteed to attend any weekend games and I can't pre order tickets as like I say I don't know if I can attend until the Saturday. I appreciate its early days and demand is high with the move back to town, hopefully will settle down and games go back to being pay on the gate. Just a bit frustrating, must be others in a similar situation?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:12 am

carlodarlo wrote:Creates a problem for me with it being all ticket, I manage a football team in Cumbria and we play on Saturdays kicking off at 2pm. If my game is called off (frozen pitch, waterlogged, etc) its usually done around 11am on the Saturday and only then can I know I can attend the Darlington game (whether it's home or away). I've been to 6 games this season, managed about 15 last season due to all the midweek games. There is no point in me buying a season ticket as I'm not guaranteed to attend any weekend games and I can't pre order tickets as like I say I don't know if I can attend until the Saturday. I appreciate its early days and demand is high with the move back to town, hopefully will settle down and games go back to being pay on the gate. Just a bit frustrating, must be others in a similar situation?
I'm sure there are many fans like you in a similar position to yourself. Not only fans like you that have to travel long distances, but this will also affect fans who live out of town and even some fans that live in town. Did the club not have some facility for buying tickets by some dedicated phone line or online? Unfortunately Carl that won't help you, if the have to make a last minute decision as to whether to come or not.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:28 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
carlodarlo wrote:Creates a problem for me with it being all ticket, I manage a football team in Cumbria and we play on Saturdays kicking off at 2pm. If my game is called off (frozen pitch, waterlogged, etc) its usually done around 11am on the Saturday and only then can I know I can attend the Darlington game (whether it's home or away). I've been to 6 games this season, managed about 15 last season due to all the midweek games. There is no point in me buying a season ticket as I'm not guaranteed to attend any weekend games and I can't pre order tickets as like I say I don't know if I can attend until the Saturday. I appreciate its early days and demand is high with the move back to town, hopefully will settle down and games go back to being pay on the gate. Just a bit frustrating, must be others in a similar situation?
I'm sure there are many fans like you in a similar position to yourself. Not only fans like you that have to travel long distances, but this will also affect fans who live out of town and even some fans that live in town. Did the club not have some facility for buying tickets by some dedicated phone line or online? Unfortunately Carl that won't help you, if the have to make a last minute decision as to whether to come or not.
DFCSG provide a service for their exiled members to order their tickets by email and pay by BACS.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:01 am

carlodarlo wrote:Creates a problem for me with it being all ticket, I manage a football team in Cumbria and we play on Saturdays kicking off at 2pm. If my game is called off (frozen pitch, waterlogged, etc) its usually done around 11am on the Saturday and only then can I know I can attend the Darlington game (whether it's home or away)...Just a bit frustrating, must be others in a similar situation?
Ultimately if there is demand for tickets one can't be reserved for someone who does or doesn't know if they can make it (not unless they are prepared to pay up front anyway).

If there is still availability of tickets on the day then I doubt the club would be dismissive if you phoned at 11am and asked for a ticket can be put on the gate for you - assuming people in your situation will be a relative minority.

sada8022

Post by sada8022 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:42 am

We should be making it easier for people to attend as we are not going to sell out every week, This needs to be re thought out. i know people who live in Northalleton who find it hard to get through during the week so cannot buy a ticket, just because the first game was a sell out it does not mean the rest will.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:00 am

I think it's good that it's all ticket at this stage. Gives the club some idea of demand. If demand isn't particularly high, then I expect that there will be tickets available on the day. If there is still increased interest from the town, then being all ticket gives the club (+rugby club) some idea of how many to expect, which will help in planning the day.

It's obviously a bit of a pain for some, but the cautious approach is the correct approach while us and the rugby club are finding our feet in my opinion. Unless there is massive demand for the Nuneaton game (which I doubt) then I expect it will be more normal for the Gloucester game the following week.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:27 am

Now this has the potential to go wrong: taken from the Nuneaton website

"SUPPORTERS attending Saturday's Vanarama National League North fixture at Darlington will be able to purchase tickets at the away turnstiles at Blackwell Meadows on the day of the fixture.
Approximately 100-110 tickets will be available, so get there early"

http://www.nuneatontownfc.com/news/tick ... 37652.html

I can't imagine Nuneaton bringing more than that, but still, there is potential for some trouble if we do sell out and they do bring more than that.

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:31 am

al_quaker wrote:I think it's good that it's all ticket at this stage. Gives the club some idea of demand. If demand isn't particularly high, then I expect that there will be tickets available on the day. If there is still increased interest from the town, then being all ticket gives the club (+rugby club) some idea of how many to expect, which will help in planning the day.

It's obviously a bit of a pain for some, but the cautious approach is the correct approach while us and the rugby club are finding our feet in my opinion. Unless there is massive demand for the Nuneaton game (which I doubt) then I expect it will be more normal for the Gloucester game the following week.

Spot on :thumbup:

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:33 pm

Well, some of them having a bit of a moan about 10% is their entitlement, lots of northern based fans will travel others saying they'll probably take 120-130. They had about 800 for a festive local derby. I watched them in the 60's when I lived there and they ran out to the last waltz by Engelbert Humperdinck.....Heady days!!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:44 pm

sada8022 wrote:We should be making it easier for people to attend as we are not going to sell out every week
As soon as the matches do not sell out, then they will become pay on the day.

But until then, there is no way to make it "easier" really.

I reckon we'll just about sell this one out, then it'll revert back to normal after that.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:44 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:Well, some of them having a bit of a moan about 10% is their entitlement, lots of northern based fans will travel others saying they'll probably take 120-130. They had about 800 for a festive local derby. I watched them in the 60's when I lived there and they ran out to the last waltz by Engelbert Humperdinck.....Heady days!!
They'll bring 50 max.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:48 pm

Hmm, so if we have 800ish ST holders, and have put 2,200 tickets on sale, and have told Nuneaton that there are 100-110 tickets on the day, that only adds up to 3,100-3,110ish.

Where's the other 189 tickets?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:59 pm

Quakerz wrote:Hmm, so if we have 800ish ST holders, and have put 2,200 tickets on sale, and have told Nuneaton that there are 100-110 tickets on the day, that only adds up to 3,100-3,110ish.

Where's the other 189 tickets?
Could they be hospitality?

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:05 pm

al_quaker wrote:Now this has the potential to go wrong: taken from the Nuneaton website

"SUPPORTERS attending Saturday's Vanarama National League North fixture at Darlington will be able to purchase tickets at the away turnstiles at Blackwell Meadows on the day of the fixture.

I can't imagine Nuneaton bringing more than that, but still, there is potential for some trouble if we do sell out and they do bring more than that.
Also, how stupid is this? Who's to stop any one from Darlo (who can't get a ticket) just walking up to the away turnstiles and paying on the day?

spen666

Post by spen666 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:21 pm

dickdarlington wrote:
al_quaker wrote:Now this has the potential to go wrong: taken from the Nuneaton website

Also, how stupid is this? Who's to stop any one from Darlo (who can't get a ticket) just walking up to the away turnstiles and paying on the day?

I thought the announcement said there is no segregation, so does it matter which turnstiles they are sold at? They will just be general admission tickets, not for an away section

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:32 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:Well, some of them having a bit of a moan about 10% is their entitlement, lots of northern based fans will travel others saying they'll probably take 120-130. They had about 800 for a festive local derby. I watched them in the 60's when I lived there and they ran out to the last waltz by Engelbert Humperdinck.....Heady days!!
Presumably we asked Nuneaton how many they expected to bring and that is how many tickets we set aside for them.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:37 pm

sada8022 wrote: i know people who live in Northalleton who find it hard to get through during the week so cannot buy a ticket, just because the first game was a sell out it does not mean the rest will.
But isn't that the benefit of the free email ordering service that DFCSG is offering to its members? You order by email, pay by BACS, collect on the day. All it requires is a monthly commitment of £1.67.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:45 pm

We should have just sent them 100 tickets - then there would be no argument.

The trouble with saying 100-110 available on the day but get there early to avoid missing out - is that it will put some fans who believe they'll bring 100+ off travelling. I wouldn't fancy a 7 hour round trip to be turned away at the gate! Fuck that.

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:07 pm

Quakerz wrote:We should have just sent them 100 tickets - then there would be no argument.

The trouble with saying 100-110 available on the day but get there early to avoid missing out - is that it will put some fans who believe they'll bring 100+ off travelling. I wouldn't fancy a 7 hour round trip to be turned away at the gate! Fuck that.
I presume we offered tickets them tickets to sell but they didn't have the man power to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

spen666

Post by spen666 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:41 pm

liddle_4_ever wrote:
Quakerz wrote:We should have just sent them 100 tickets - then there would be no argument.

I presume we offered tickets them tickets to sell but they didn't have the man power to do so.

More likely too little time to get tickets to Nuneaton and for them to sell them.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:46 pm

spen666 wrote:
liddle_4_ever wrote:

More likely too little time to get tickets to Nuneaton and for them to sell them.
According to a Nuneaton fan, they don't have the "capability to sell them" at their end - whatever that means.

I'd imagine it will work out OK, as I can't see us selling out or Nuneaton bringing many more than 100, if that. Plus we've got a bit of room to play with, as only 2200 tickets are on sale + 800ish ST holders + 100 for Nuneaton = 3100ish, with a capacity of 3299.

A problem would come if we do sell out, and then Darlo fans turn up on the day and take all the available Nuneaton tickets. I can't imagine demand being that high though. Saying that, it's a bit of a messy approach!

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:29 pm

Surely we should be selling out every game now we are back in Darlo... I've just purchased mine via DFCSG with a payment from my bank it's so easy, well done all...
I hope in the future we can get a facility where we can print our own or something along those lines...