NUNEATON GAME

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

shawry
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: NUNEATON GAME

Post by shawry » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:41 pm

Also access to bar. Cheaper food as well it sounds like too.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

DFCAnth

Post by DFCAnth » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:44 pm

My dad got his tickets tonight and they were numbered 260ish so not sure the numbers mentioned earlier are what we've sold.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:55 pm

Sounds like there's been some good discussions between the two clubs with regards to food and drink, which is good to see.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:05 pm

So possibly 600 sold + 800 ST?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:07 am

Gow9900 wrote:This game is no longer all ticket. Pay on the gate.

Just announced by the club.
Here's the link for that...

http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/dar ... ot-ticket/
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:36 pm

Glad to see signs of improvement in our relations to the rugby club and some common sense being used. There will be moaners about different aspects of BM, possibly car park users who will have to wait for the pedestrians to get up the lane, but generally the recent announcements will be welcomed by the 'casual' fans who will now have fewer excuses such as having to get tickets or not being able to get a burger or beer. Great to see some lessons have been learned after the Halifax match. It won't be perfect either this season or next, but at least we are back in town. Now let's get behind the lads and into the play-offs as other teams start to worry their trip to Blackwell Meadows and the famous Tin Shed End.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:08 pm

I bet the some of the 80 or so people who paid an extra £20 to drink in the bar before matches, won't be thrilled that anybody can gain access up to the bars capacity limits for nothing, for at least the next 2 or 3 home games. Good to hear that there has been some constructive discussions with the Rugby Club regarding the bar and food. Keep up the good work.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:34 pm

Emdubya wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:Hopefully Tommy Wright will get a good reception when he returns as manager of Nuneaton.
Why?.He was at the club for 5minutes.
lead the front line well in the 2007 season - put in some great shifts - sometimes on his own up front IIRC.

plus didn't he get sold to Aberdeen for £100k - so made us some cash.

bga

Post by bga » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:56 pm

jjljks wrote:Glad to see signs of improvement in our relations to the rugby club and some common sense being used. There will be moaners about different aspects of BM, possibly car park users who will have to wait for the pedestrians to get up the lane, but generally the recent announcements will be welcomed by the 'casual' fans who will now have fewer excuses such as having to get tickets or not being able to get a burger or beer. Great to see some lessons have been learned after the Halifax match. It won't be perfect either this season or next, but at least we are back in town. Now let's get behind the lads and into the play-offs as other teams start to worry their trip to Blackwell Meadows and the famous Tin Shed End.
Agree with a you very very positive response from both clubs to lessons leant from the opening game. Really good to see this credit where credit is due thanks again for all the hours our volunteers have put in.

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:00 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I bet the some of the 80 or so people who paid an extra £20 to drink in the bar before matches, won't be thrilled that anybody can gain access up to the bars capacity limits for nothing, for at least the next 2 or 3 home games. Good to hear that there has been some constructive discussions with the Rugby Club regarding the bar and food. Keep up the good work.
The Quaker club members will have exclusive access to the all seated lounge as noted in the explanation given in main announcement, also they can be thanked for providing additional income to the club.

Fan owned = Fan funded :thumbup:

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:43 pm

Pete,you are so very wrong I,m very pleased to see common sence prevail ,and our fans are all invited to
Use the bar facilities ,those who spent £20 may move to the seated lounge if they so desire, so I will be happy that I can move to other lounge if I want to,but more importantly to me the clubs will reap benefits as will other fans by being able to go into the bar. So stop trying to make issues out of nothing and be positive for club .

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:24 pm

Quick preview for tomorrow.

Very pleased with the announcement from the club shows signs that issues are being discussed as we all try to move forward.

https://simonhahn89.wordpress.com/2017/ ... nd-update/

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:24 pm

Quick preview for tomorrow.

Very pleased with the announcement from the club shows signs that issues are being discussed as we all try to move forward.

https://simonhahn89.wordpress.com/2017/ ... nd-update/

bga

Post by bga » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:43 pm

Boro's Under 23 fixture at the Arena tonight has been postponed DMPRFC say "Due to circumstances out of our control." Boro's site says "Due to a frozen pitch." I assume BM pitch is okay for tomorrow forecast does not look too cold?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:07 pm

Comfortably_numb wrote:
Emdubya wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:Hopefully Tommy Wright will get a good reception when he returns as manager of Nuneaton.
Why?.He was at the club for 5minutes.
lead the front line well in the 2007 season - put in some great shifts - sometimes on his own up front IIRC.

plus didn't he get sold to Aberdeen for £100k - so made us some cash.
He was a decent player for us, especially in his first full season - however he never stuck out as outstanding and I find it hard to resonate with claims he is a Darlington hero or one of the most popular players of recent times.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:31 pm

bga wrote:Boro's Under 23 fixture at the Arena tonight has been postponed DMPRFC say "Due to circumstances out of our control." Boro's site says "Due to a frozen pitch." I assume BM pitch is okay for tomorrow forecast does not look too cold?
Never gets below 7 degrees and there is a bit of rain. Doesn't sound like conditions for a frozen pitch.

Put to play it safe we could do with a doomsday message from darlo_pete

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:37 pm

I see Nuneaton have traveled up today, one of the perks of being full-time.
Last edited by Darlo_Pete on Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bga

Post by bga » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:50 pm

lo36789 wrote:
bga wrote:Boro's Under 23 fixture at the Arena tonight has been postponed DMPRFC say "Due to circumstances out of our control." Boro's site says "Due to a frozen pitch." I assume BM pitch is okay for tomorrow forecast does not look too cold?
Never gets below 7 degrees and there is a bit of rain. Doesn't sound like conditions for a frozen pitch.

Not that I have any conspiracy theories but DMPRFC cancelled their NY Eve party at late notice also "Due to unforeseen circumstances." Their first team are at home tomorrow so they are probably trying to protect the pitch.

bga

Post by bga » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:50 pm

lo36789 wrote:

Not that I have any conspiracy theories but DMPRFC cancelled their NY Eve party at late notice also "Due to unforeseen circumstances." Their first team are at home tomorrow so they are probably trying to protect the pitch.

bga

Post by bga » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:51 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I see Nuneaton have troubled up today, one of the perks of being full-time.
I think we understand what you meant Pete!

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:44 am

Turns out it's 5 years ago today we were on our way to Barrow. It's amazing what's been achieved since then. From the feelings of that day, to the immense pride of watching our club walk out in Darlington. A win would top things off nicely :thumbup:

bga

Post by bga » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:10 am

al_quaker wrote:Turns out it's 5 years ago today we were on our way to Barrow. It's amazing what's been achieved since then. From the feelings of that day, to the immense pride of watching our club walk out in Darlington. A win would top things off nicely :thumbup:
Agree and nice to see our friends at Barrow getting National coverage (see BBC Football Focus) for their FA cup run. They deserve this limelight.

Feethams 1966

Post by Feethams 1966 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:16 pm

I'd like to think our club could be twinned with Barrow. I'll never forget the solidarity their fans had with ours that day. Great to see them on Football Focus today.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:20 pm

Hopefully in the not too distant future, we can play them again in the League.