Darlo v Halifax Match Thread

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

MikeinBlack2
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Halifax Match Thread

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:48 pm

Gillies off - Syers on
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:56 pm

3-2
Come on Darlo!

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:57 pm

FT--- 3-2 Get In!!!!!!!!!!!!
Come on Darlo!

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:41 pm

Jameson had a mixed game today. Made some good saves but both goals were mainly his fault. The first goal was going over the bar (but was close enough to justify saving it) until he flapped it into his own goal. Their final goal was a lack of awareness on his part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

tezza

Post by tezza » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:20 pm

liddle_4_ever wrote:Jameson had a mixed game today. Made some good saves but both goals were mainly his fault. The first goal was going over the bar (but was close enough to justify saving it) until he flapped it into his own goal. Their final goal was a lack of awareness on his part.

He is having to many mixed games for my liking. He is generally a good shot stopper, anything across him and not only does he flap, i believe it unsettles others around him, same today minutes before their goal he completely misses a cross, Scott gets him out of jail. Moments later he makes a super flying save followed almost immediately by palming it inyo his own goal. The excuses he is a young keeper are wearing thin for me.

shawry

Post by shawry » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:34 pm

The first followed a good save from him but we switched off at the corner and he had weak wrists when trying to save it.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:18 pm

The first save wasn't going in, looked like at best it was hitting a post...

I don't like picking on individuals, but I thought it's hard to blame anyone else for both goals. He's got to just nudge that second over the bar. A real mess. Thankfully it was too late to matter. I'm sure he knows both goals are his fault, and he'll need to improve. MG will certainly have taken note.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:21 pm

Also, Cartman was a very lucky boy to stay on... That was right in front of me, and I thought he threw an arm. Also... While I thought he was fouled first, he did handle the ball. The ref gave the free kick but didn't issue a second yellow.... I hope an intimidating atmosphere contributed, to be honest, but yeah, another day those could've gone against us.

That said, their two goals were entirely avoidable, as I said above.

bga

Post by bga » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:05 pm

A big thank you and well done to everyone on and off the field to firstly make today happen and secondly to get that all important win. Am looking forward to going to the return on New Years Day.

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:24 pm

Jameson needs someone to challenge him for a place in first team. I like Mark Bell but MG does not rate him so bring someone in. As said before Jameson is not learning MG claiming our young keeper is has lost its value, come on must be someone

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:42 pm

I've said it a million times before about other keepers but if you're not a good shot stopper you shouldn't and wouldn't be a goalkeeper. I

Their first was a disaster for Jamieson. I didn't see the second.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:23 pm

Spyman wrote:I've said it a million times before about other keepers but if you're not a good shot stopper you shouldn't and wouldn't be a goalkeeper. I

From what I saw he caught the ball then fell into the net with it.

Was a nice catch though.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:33 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
Spyman wrote:I've said it a million times before about other keepers but if you're not a good shot stopper you shouldn't and wouldn't be a goalkeeper. I

From what I saw he caught the ball then fell into the net with it.

Was a nice catch though.
Caught in two minds of tipping it over or catching it, his choice was to catch and was the wrong choice. He then was too far back and the ball was over the line in his hands.

As the ball was in the air you just knew he needed to tip it over.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:44 pm

Just wonder how many more mistakes from Jameson before the patience of MG wears thin.Felt sorry for our back 4 as they worked their socks off to get a clean sheet but both Halifax goals were gifts, when do we ever get goals from goalkeeping errors, hardly ever.Terrible basic errors from Jameson today.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:46 pm

A big concern of Jameson is his awareness of his line, afew times already this season he's been caught out and lobbed far to easily, then today it was plain to see that he should of went safety first and pushed it over the bar. The first goal he seemed to of switched off, he wasnt watching the ball when Halifax played the ball back in, before he knew it a shot was coming straight at him. Jameson has the potential to be a decent keeper for us but he really needs someone in the team to push him for that number 1 spot

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:48 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Just wonder how many more mistakes from Jameson before the patience of MG wears thin.Felt sorry for our back 4 as they worked their socks off to get a clean sheet but both Halifax goals were gifts, when do we ever get goals from goalkeeping errors, hardly ever.Terrible basic errors from Jameson today.

Gray was straight over to Jameson at the end and talking to him.

He was poor today and those mistakes could have cost us, however we won.

I like Jameson and certainly don't think he needs to be replaced but you can't defend today's mistakes.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:26 pm

MG has to bring another keeper in to challenge Jameson if the budget allows.He should be dropped after that performance but Mark Bell does mainly coaching so a tricky one for MG.Must admit he makes some great saves but is letting far too many soft goals in for my liking this season.Wonder if this is having some effect on the lads in front of him.Other than that, a great day today and thankfully put 3 past them.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:57 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:MG has to bring another keeper in to challenge Jameson if the budget allows.He should be dropped after that performance but Mark Bell does mainly coaching so a tricky one for MG.Must admit he makes some great saves but is letting far too many soft goals in for my liking this season.Wonder if this is having some effect on the lads in front of him.Other than that, a great day today and thankfully put 3 past them.

Every keeper should be able to make 'great saves'. I make them myself every week playing five a side.

The difference comes from the other bits like handling, judgement, positioning, distribution, organisation etc. That's what will ultimately decide whether Jameson rises further with us or whether he becomes a hindrance to our progress on the pitch.

I am sure he can develop his weaknesses and if he can't then I'm sure Gray will look elsewhere. It'll be judged on more than today's performance, but the victory won't hide his mistakes I'm sure.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:59 pm

He made a brilliant save 2nd half that was probably more important than his error 2nd half.

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:21 pm

The goals are up now, 4 out of the 5 goals were very poor from the defensive point of view. Beyond the goals we scored, I don't remember us having many chances. Could have been a different result, especially if Cartman had walked, twice.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:45 pm

I'm a big fan of Jameson. Think we need to show some patience here. He is young, still learning and getting better. We have to accept some mistakes will be made.

He is streets ahead of the similar age recent pro loanee gk we got from Hartlepool.

MG has the right approach here in giving Jameson his full backing.

A keeper that would challenge Jameson is a luxury we can't afford imo.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:54 pm

People keep saying he should be dropped but without a reasonable replacement. He is the best at this level in the region and I don't see many suggesting otherwise. If there was a better alternative Gray would have found him.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:54 am

Robbie Painter wrote:I'm a big fan of Jameson. Think we need to show some patience here. He is young, still learning and getting better.
This is the part I'm not sure about. He clearly isn't getting better is he? He's stepped up a couple of levels and now he's having more to do and maybe getting found out more often. He's been consistently making mistakes.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:09 am

If mark bell is the goalkeeping coach then what is tony Norman's role?

The Golden Hairclip

Post by The Golden Hairclip » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:54 am

Didn't Tony Norman leave some time ago?

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:24 am

Yarblockos wrote:
Robbie Painter wrote:I'm a big fan of Jameson. Think we need to show some patience here. He is young, still learning and getting better.
This is the part I'm not sure about. He clearly isn't getting better is he? He's stepped up a couple of levels and now he's having more to do and maybe getting found out more often. He's been consistently making mistakes.
In that case, which keeper are you going to bring in as a replacement?

And you have to recognise in doing that, the club would be abandoning any commitment to player development.

You'd essentially be saying "Yeah that player has weaknesses, but we can't be arsed to help him improve further, so let's chuck him on the scrapheap."

Younger players need time and experience to adapt and develop to higher levels.

And as we've said before, on the field success isn't essential this season. We can afford not to go up. That reduces the pressure on the playing staff and means we can persevere more with players. If Jameson has shown no sign of development by next season, then look at another keeper.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

darlodaz

Post by darlodaz » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:08 am

darlogramps, you say on the field success is not important this season.where is your logic in that? surely we need to be successful enough to be in or around the play-off area to keep the crowds coming in which means cash into the club.
whilst we are on about jameson i do believe i started a post before claiming he is pants and will cost us goals time and time again and will continue to do so. stopping a few shots ere and there is not a keeper for me who cant even catch a cross.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:22 am

Totally agree with darlodaz, how long do you give a player to develop especially a keeper, he is having a poor season without doubt but his positioning/decision making is a weakness.Darlogramps , your post is right up there as one of your worst IMO, and there have been many.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:24 am

darlodaz wrote:darlogramps, you say on the field success is not important this season.where is your logic in that? surely we need to be successful enough to be in or around the play-off area to keep the crowds coming in which means cash into the club.
whilst we are on about jameson i do believe i started a post before claiming he is pants and will cost us goals time and time again and will continue to do so. stopping a few shots ere and there is not a keeper for me who cant even catch a cross.
Yes, and we are in and around the playoffs with Jameson in the team, so logic suggests he's part of the reason we are in and around the playoffs.

To go back to darlogramps, I don't think replacing a player is 'abandoning player development', it's just part of rising through the league's. We've replaced plenty of players over the last 4 years who weren't developing at the same pace as the team overall. In fact only a handful haven't been.

DC

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:51 am

darlodaz wrote:darlogramps, you say on the field success is not important this season.where is your logic in that? surely we need to be successful enough to be in or around the play-off area to keep the crowds coming in which means cash into the club.
I know you've only got a small brain DarloDaz, but actually read my post properly before replying. I said it wasn't essential, not that it wasn't important. There is a difference.

If we don't go up, it's not the end of the world. In some ways it would be beneficial (for reasons done to death already on this forum).

Therefore that reduces the pressure on the playing staff. And with less pressure, we have more time to work with players, and help them develop.

And as Spyman points out, we are challenging in the play-offs. So it's not as if we're doing badly. You strike me as one of these people who's only happy when he's having a go at people.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY