According to Halifax Town

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

AndyPark
Team Supported: Darlington

According to Halifax Town

Post by AndyPark » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:41 pm

They've received 600 tickets for our Boxing Day fixture due to be played at Blackwell Meadows.

Game is ALL TICKET.

http://www.halifaxafc.co.uk/News/articl ... 73098.aspx

spen666

Re: According to Halifax Town

Post by spen666 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:07 pm

Presumably this means club are very confident all is in order and expect to pass subsections on Monday.

A really positive piece of news

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:48 pm

Judging by Richard Cooks tweet, Blackwell Meadows has passed and were on for Boxing day (weather permitting)

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:42 am

On the long range weather forecast on the BBC, Boxing Day looks fine with no major issues with frost.

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:39 am

Due to Darlington 1883 FC moving to their new stadium for the first time against FC Halifax Town on Boxing Day 26 December 3.00pm, the match is going to be ALL-TICKET.
Despite a larger request, FC Halifax Town has been offered 600 tickets only. We fully understand that we require more than this number for our fans, but with segregation in operation we are not going to be allowed anymore.
As promised at the start of the season. . .PAYING SEASON TICKET HOLDERS (Free Junior Season Tickets do not qualify) will get priority to purchase in situations where tickets are limited. We have only just received our supply of 600 tickets, which has not allowed us the most appropriate amount of time to advertise or put on sale. With this in mind please see below the details for purchasing ti
Do they want to sound anymore cuntish ?
Jumped up Yorkshire twats .
Think before posting

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:45 am

BUSHEAD wrote:
Due to Darlington 1883 FC moving to their new stadium for the first time against FC Halifax Town on Boxing Day 26 December 3.00pm, the match is going to be ALL-TICKET.
Despite a larger request, FC Halifax Town has been offered 600 tickets only. We fully understand that we require more than this number for our fans, but with segregation in operation we are not going to be allowed anymore.
As promised at the start of the season. . .PAYING SEASON TICKET HOLDERS (Free Junior Season Tickets do not qualify) will get priority to purchase in situations where tickets are limited. We have only just received our supply of 600 tickets, which has not allowed us the most appropriate amount of time to advertise or put on sale. With this in mind please see below the details for purchasing ti

I guess they have to try and manage fans expectations - we'd probably do the same. They'll be doing well to sell out mind.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:54 am

Very short / no notice to fans and sort out arrangements to get tickets printed and sold? Presumably there will be some official announcement from FA and club about the outcome of the ground inspection before we can do anything about the tickets :?:

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:52 am

jjljks wrote:Very short / no notice to fans and sort out arrangements to get tickets printed and sold? Presumably there will be some official announcement from FA and club about the outcome of the ground inspection before we can do anything about the tickets :?:
Halifax have tickets already on sale, tickets for us announced today according to Richard Cook.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:12 pm

Bit surprised at Halifax's statement - I wouldn't have thought they'd sell 600! Looks like it's all going to go ahead - which I still find hard to believe after the years in exile we've had.

No doubt there will be a few issues around the fixture - starting with the not ideal time frame for selling tickets - but hopefully these issues are minor and also that people understand that stadium moves are not easy - look at West Ham!

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:09 pm

Just been announced that 2200 tickets on sale, including the 600 to Halifax. Does that mean we are working to a 3,000 capacity? (Assuming 800 ST holders).

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:12 pm

Undercovered wrote:
BUSHEAD wrote:

I guess they have to try and manage fans expectations - we'd probably do the same. They'll be doing well to sell out mind.
They're going to look a bit silly if they don't sell 600

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:20 pm

BUSHEAD wrote:
In fairness, the reaction of our fans to getting only a few hundred for Salford away wasn't too dissimilar.

If they think they could sell more than 600, that's their prerogative. Ultimately, they have 600 and that's the end of it. As Spyman says, if they don't sell 600 they'll look daft.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:57 pm

Tickets go on general sale from Tuesday evening. DFCSG members only can buy theirs from Quaker Retail tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday morning.

http://www.dfcsg.co.uk/?x=entry:entry161217-100947

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:59 am

"Despite a larger request, FC Halifax Town has been offered 600 tickets only. We fully understand that we require more than this number for our fans, but with segregation in operation we are not going to be allowed anymore."

What a bunch of bells :lol:

I can't remember them ever bringing 600 to Darlo before, why the sudden mega demand for tickets? Did they turn into a big club after going bust?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:01 am

Quakerz wrote:"Despite a larger request, FC Halifax Town has been offered 600 tickets only. We fully understand that we require more than this number for our fans, but with segregation in operation we are not going to be allowed anymore."

What a bunch of bells :lol:

I can't remember them ever bringing 600 to Darlo before, why the sudden mega demand for tickets? Did they turn into a big club after going bust?
This! They have never brought 600 in all the years I've been going to Darlo

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:49 pm

Let`s hope they do or it will be revenue we will have lost as being segregated our fans can`t buy the unsold tickets

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:08 pm

Quite a few of their own fans think they'll struggle to sell 600 tickets especially as at yesterday's game there were calls for the manager's head. They've had something of an in and out season and a lot of their fans are unhappy at the sytle of play (lumping it up to Denton up front). The unrest seems to be spreading after recent results.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:48 pm

Went and got my ticket today. Happy days :clap:

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:25 pm

I'd think that Halifax will have paid for the tickets upfront if they've taken that allocation, so they will be the ones to lose money if they don't sell them all?

I've never seen them take that many, and I wouldn't be in a rush to attend a stadium where they'll simply have ground level hard standing and maybe a portaloo... I doubt they'll have access to a bar, so unless there's going to be a food truck at their end...

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:32 pm

H1987 wrote:I'd think that Halifax will have paid for the tickets upfront if they've taken that allocation, so they will be the ones to lose money if they don't sell them all?
doubt it. I am not sure that is allowed at this level. They will pay us the money and return unsold tickets at a given date.
H1987 wrote:and I wouldn't be in a rush to attend a stadium where they'll simply have ground level hard standing and maybe a portaloo... I doubt they'll have access to a bar, so unless there's going to be a food truck at their end...
What is this obsession with having a bar as being the primary driver to attending football matches?

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:40 pm

It's not just a bar, but even access to a food stall or somewhere you can buy a cup of tea or coffee.... people like to have access to these things at games. It's why they exist. It's part of the experience.

That would be secondary to being standing on one level with no terracing and no roof mind. I'm not sure how much I would fancy that beyond it being a vital game. Just saying. All of that adds up to being a bit of an unpleasant experience for a visiting fan until it's developed.

I'll be standing in the tinshed with my cup of coffee i would imagine, so it matters not a jot to me. I'm just saying why it might be perceptively unappealing to a visiting fan.

As for them returning the tickets, then hopefully we would be able to just shift the segregation so we could sell those tickets to home fans? Given the segregation, i would imagine, would just be some of the metal fencing they have around the grass verges right now.

Mullet69

Post by Mullet69 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:24 pm

H1987 wrote:It's not just a bar, but even access to a food stall or somewhere you can buy a cup of tea or coffee.... people like to have access to these things at games. It's why they exist. It's part of the experience.
You do know this is mandatory, right?

We might even let them piss somewhere, but only if they are well behaved...
Mullet69uk on Twitter