Northern Echo Article

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Northern Echo Article

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:22 pm

HarrytheQuaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Northern Echo Article

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:56 pm

It's going to be a bit tight to make the game all ticket..

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:12 pm

Not really.

The tickets will sell out in 1 day, maybe 2 days maximum, so there's hardly any need to have them on sale for any length of time.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:36 pm

Quakerz wrote:Not really.

The tickets will sell out in 1 day, maybe 2 days maximum, so there's hardly any need to have them on sale for any length of time.
Seriously you think it will be a sell out.... I beg to differ if the capacity is 3000

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:58 pm

I think there will be a lot of demand for this one, localish derby and on Boxing Day, shouldn't be hard to sell out for our first game back home.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:59 pm

Presumably they want to get the full go ahead before they start selling tickets, which is fair enough, but it doesn't half leave a tight window to sell em in! I'm sure it'll sell out, but maybe not inside a day if they go on sale on a Tuesday when people are at work etc.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:00 pm

H1987 wrote:Presumably they want to get the full go ahead before they start selling tickets, which is fair enough, but it doesn't half leave a tight window to sell em in! I'm sure it'll sell out, but maybe not inside a day if they go on sale on a Tuesday when people are at work etc.
That what I were thinking its a tight window especially giving Halifax tickets as well printing, delivery and Halifax fans purchasing them

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:10 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:

Seriously you think it will be a sell out.... I beg to differ if the capacity is 3000
Are you for real ?
This game would sell out twice.
2000 at our last home game against Salford at HP. Our first home game in our new home on Boxing Day, against Halifax ?
This year our gates have increased significantly because there has been a lot of supporters who vowed not to go and watch Darlington F.C until we played "somebody decent". We are now in a league with teams such as Stockport County, Kidderminster,
Halifax, Boston. Teams we met in Football league days.
It is my belief that a far bigger group of supporters have vowed not to go and watch us until we returned to Darlington.
That time is now. The challenge is not filling the ground the first game but filling it for the rest of the season.
We are competitive now in this league, but with much bigger anticipated attendances then perhaps more money can be made available to the playing budget.
We don't spend money upgrading our new ground and then seek to get promoted. We have the momentum at the moment, reach the play-offs, get promoted and then fund raise to upgrade the ground. It will be a challenge but will be achieved.
If as a club our aspirations do not match Martin Gray's then I fear we will not be able to keep him as manager. He does not do consolidation.
As for our recent run of results, well lets forget Marine, we only do cups very occasionally and then we win them. The recent league results needs putting into perspective. After the great result at Harrogate we lost away at Tamworth who had in their previous home game beaten the runaway leaders Fylde. Next game drew with Fylde and could easily have won. Bad result at Telford but until we went down to 10 men didn't remotely look like losing that one. Finally 2-2 against Salford where the important thing was not to lose to them and keep our 4 point gap.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:08 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:

Of course I seriously think it will be a sell out.

The only way it won't be, is if Halifax don't sell their allocation.

I can't work out whether you are being cautious or whether you are taking the piss - if the capacity was 5,000 we'd fill it for the first match.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

uncovered
Site Admin

Post by uncovered » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:22 pm

Also Halifax will be given 600 tickets out of the 3000. Will certainly be a fantastic opening game.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:09 pm

Where does this 3000 figure come from ?

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:20 pm

darlo reborn wrote:Where does this 3000 figure come from ?

From the football club, we need 3,000 capacity to stay in this division.
What have we done, made a 2,500 capacity so we can get demoted again.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:28 pm

I know what we need but people are talking as if it`s already confirmed that`s all I`m saying

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:30 pm

It will be confirmed on or around the 19th December but that what we have put down 3,000 capacity just needs rubber stamping.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:11 pm

If Halifax get 600 tickets - assuming the hard standing open end - then out of 3,000 that only leaves Darlo 2,400 tickets!

Having said that, if one end = 600, then both sides should be at least 900, and we already know the Tin Shed will be at least 900, so hopefully the capacity might be in the region of 3,500?

To be honest if one hard standing end is 600 (4 men deep), then the Tin Shed at 8 men deep should be 1,200.

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:40 pm

Quakerz wrote:If Halifax get 600 tickets - assuming the hard standing open end - then out of 3,000 that only leaves Darlo 2,400 tickets!

Having said that, if one end = 600, then both sides should be at least 900, and we already know the Tin Shed will be at least 900, so hopefully the capacity might be in the region of 3,500?

To be honest if one hard standing end is 600 (4 men deep), then the Tin Shed at 8 men deep should be 1,200.
Why couldn't we have 4/5 steps at the open end, wonder how much that would cost much better if we did so more people could see the game and get a better view.

Bit like a small version of the open end at Feethams.

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:41 pm

Why are Halifax getting 600??? Surely we should be giving them as few as we can so there are more for our fans!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:59 pm

notgnilrad wrote:
Quakerz wrote:If Halifax get 600 tickets - assuming the hard standing open end - then out of 3,000 that only leaves Darlo 2,400 tickets!

Why couldn't we have 4/5 steps at the open end, wonder how much that would cost much better if we did so more people could see the game and get a better view.

Bit like a small version of the open end at Feethams.
I think it'd be pretty pointless having a terrace of 4/5 steps at the open end. I think you can go up to 4 men deep on hard standing so there'd be no advantage in capacity.

I think, and it's just a guess, one of the reasons that Bishop's capacity is so low is because the hard standing is nothing but a narrow path. That obviously reduces the m2 hard standing available compared to what we're going to have.

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:01 pm

dfc4me wrote:Why are Halifax getting 600??? Surely we should be giving them as few as we can so there are more for our fans!
I wouldn't agree with "as few as possible" but 600 does seem about 200 too many!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:03 am

Maybe we asked asked Halifax how many tickets they could sell and the clubs compromised at 600?
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:55 am

I will be pleasantly surprised if Halifax sell 600. I don't recall them bringing that many to Darlo before. They only took 500 to Stockport (ok on a Tuesday night) but Stockport is half of the distance

I think we will have to segregate though, and the club will no doubt give them one end to achieve this, therefore = 600.

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:07 am

Quakerz i get what your saying about our walkway being deeper for numbers, but view of the pitch must be a consideration ?
I wouldnt like to think i was stood 4 people deep on a flat surface trying to watch the game.
Think before posting

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:30 am

BUSHEAD wrote:Quakerz i get what your saying about our walkway being deeper for numbers, but view of the pitch must be a consideration ?
I wouldnt like to think i was stood 4 people deep on a flat surface trying to watch the game.
I am not sure the reality will match the theory though. There will be 'other spaces' which won't be counted for ground grading which I am sure people will find and stand in...

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:19 pm

Halifax are going well in the League, I think they'll just about sell all their tickets. I'm sure that we'll take more than 600 down to Halifax for the reverse fixture on New Years Day.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:21 pm

BUSHEAD wrote:Quakerz i get what your saying about our walkway being deeper for numbers, but view of the pitch must be a consideration ?

The guidance for calculating capacity at sports grounds seems to say that people standing up to 4 deep is allowed in calculating the capacity!

I was surprised at this as I was trying to understand how BM could have a capacity 50% more than HP given the similar provision of terracing and seats. The extra wide walkway/ viewing area seems to be the main difference

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:50 pm

spen666 wrote:

The guidance for calculating capacity at sports grounds seems to say that people standing up to 4 deep is allowed in calculating the capacity!

I was surprised at this as I was trying to understand how BM could have a capacity 50% more than HP given the similar provision of terracing and seats. The extra wide walkway/ viewing area seems to be the main difference
That's what I was thinking too.

If the walkway is twice the width of the one at Bishop, then it's twice the m2 all round the hard standing areas, and twice as many people can be fitted into those available areas - up to the maximum permitted density per m2 anyway.

The Tin Shed would be another area where there is room for more people. It runs full width at 8 steps, whereas the one at Bishop is barely 2/3rds width at 7 steps.

The actual length and width of the pitch area seems to be quite a bit larger than at Bishop, meaning a bit more extra standing area than at Bishop.

I've gone from being worried that we'll even achieve 3,000, to a point where I'd be disappointed if the capacity would be "only" 3,000.

I'm hoping there's room to squeeze 3,500 in. Which would be great in the short term, and also make achieving the cat A 4,000 capacity a bit easier.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:47 pm

Quakerz wrote:
spen666 wrote:

If the walkway is twice the width of the one at Bishop, then it's twice the m2 all round the hard standing areas, and twice as many people can be fitted into those available areas - up to the maximum permitted density per m2 anyway.

The Tin Shed would be another area where there is room for more people. It runs full width at 8 steps, whereas the one at Bishop is barely 2/3rds width at 7 steps.

The actual length and width of the pitch area seems to be quite a bit larger than at Bishop, meaning a bit more extra standing area than at Bishop.

I've gone from being worried that we'll even achieve 3,000, to a point where I'd be disappointed if the capacity would be "only" 3,000.

I'm hoping there's room to squeeze 3,500 in. Which would be great in the short term, and also make achieving the cat A 4,000 capacity a bit easier.

The increase from 2000, to 3000, is a 50% increase. The increased capacity of the Tin Shed compared to the covered stand at Bishop will be small given the low maximum density figure used for calculating the crowds. (47 people per every 10 squared metres)

The clubhouse side will also reduce capacity as I understand the seats are not included in the capacity figure, nor can it be calculated as standing.

I think the final figure will not be much above 3000, if it is even that at present. The other thing to factor in are the ( I think the letters are) "P" & "S " factors. It may well be that initially either of these are reduced. If these are less than one, then the maximum crowd would be reduced accordingly in that section.

Given it is a new ground, it is possible that for the first few games a P or S figure below 1 is granted
P = Physical conditions factor
S = Safety Management Factor

It may be the council act cautiously in setting the S factor until the club have demonstrated the safety management of the club and the ground.

http://www.safetyatsportsgrounds.org.uk ... -guide.pdf

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:12 pm

spen666 wrote:
Quakerz wrote:
spen666 wrote:

The increase from 2000, to 3000, is a 50% increase. The increased capacity of the Tin Shed compared to the covered stand at Bishop will be small given the low maximum density figure used for calculating the crowds. (47 people per every 10 squared metres)

The clubhouse side will also reduce capacity as I understand the seats are not included in the capacity figure, nor can it be calculated as standing.

I think the final figure will not be much above 3000, if it is even that at present. The other thing to factor in are the ( I think the letters are) "P" & "S " factors. It may well be that initially either of these are reduced. If these are less than one, then the maximum crowd would be reduced accordingly in that section.

Given it is a new ground, it is possible that for the first few games a P or S figure below 1 is granted
P = Physical conditions factor
S = Safety Management Factor

It may be the council act cautiously in setting the S factor until the club have demonstrated the safety management of the club and the ground.

http://www.safetyatsportsgrounds.org.uk ... -guide.pdf
The seats on the clubhouse side will not count towards the seating capacity, because to do so they would need to be 4 rows deep, and they're only 3.

However there is no reason why the seats or the hard standing in front of the seats can't be counted towards the overall capacity figure. I could be wrong but I think they would be able to include one or the other - to be allowed neither seems wrong to me.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:20 pm

I might be wrong but I thought I'd heard one of the directors - think it was Richard Cook - say it was going to be 3000 in a recent interview. Maybe I've taken that too literally but I'd assumed that was a statement of fact when I heard it.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:35 pm

m62exile wrote:I might be wrong but I thought I'd heard one of the directors - think it was Richard Cook - say it was going to be 3000 in a recent interview. Maybe I've taken that too literally but I'd assumed that was a statement of fact when I heard it.

Its up to the qualified individual at Council who is responsible for issuing the licence. They have to do the necessary calculations and then make the decision as to capacity. This is irrespective of what club want or say.

Look at how low capacity was at Feethams in the last few seasons. It could have held many more, but council limited capacity