New Keeper

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlogramps
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New Keeper

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:06 am

Radar wrote:As said above, I hope he does well for us, but I think the club have been lazy on this one. There are more experienced and better goalkeepers around.
Such as?
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:01 am

How can you say there are better keepers around, have you seen the lad play? For gods sake give him a chance.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:45 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Radar wrote:As said above, I hope he does well for us, but I think the club have been lazy on this one. There are more experienced and better goalkeepers around.
Such as?
He probably thought we should sign Vito Mannone since he cant get a game at the moment.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:12 pm

Radar wrote:
Emdubya wrote:
Radar wrote:I hope the keeper from Hartlepool does well for us, but I'm lost as to why we have decided to get him on loan. He was a Northern League keeper last year at strugglers Durham City. We've signed him blind in my opinion, unless he is in just as cover.
So according to your theory no player from a lower league is capable of improving and moving up :roll:
And you think he's coming in to cover our first choice keeper who can't play for three games!.Priceless :thumbup:
Point been, we wouldn't have even considered him if he was still playing in the Norther League. Just because he is a young pro at Pools, we have taken him. As said above, I hope he does well for us, but I think the club have been lazy on this one. There are more experienced and better goalkeepers around. The test of 3 games will hopefully prove my opinion wrong.
Undoubtedly there are more experienced and better keepers around. But are they available, affordable and willing to come for only 3, maybe 4 games max?

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:59 pm

The club have been lazy? Ouch! The staff and volunteers of our club are never lazy....

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:43 pm

Lazy!!, Hartlepools goalkeeping coach rates this keeper highly

Radar

Post by Radar » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:57 pm

There's a few sheep kicking around on here.

Maurice_Peddalty makes a very valid point, there might just not be any other keepers available which would make the decision signing him understandable.

I still stick by what I have already said, we as a club, would not have giving this keeper the time of day 6 months ago when he was conceding 5 goals per game for Durham City.

I'm not saying, the lad is devoid of ability or lacking potential, he may end up being a world beater, but we need to carry on our good work by getting results to keep us within the mix. Now is not a time for gambling with unproven keepers.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:57 pm

So who would you have signed instead?

If there's no one else available who would you have gone for?

Or would you have started with Bell instead?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:35 pm

Didn't think he was to blame for either goal. To be honest he didn't have too much to do and his kicking and distribution was pretty decent.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:15 pm

Radar wrote:There's a few sheep kicking around on here.
And a few nuggets :crazy:

Radar

Post by Radar » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:41 pm

Darlogramps wrote:So who would you have signed instead?

If there's no one else available who would you have gone for?

Or would you have started with Bell instead?
Bell is our 2nd choice keeper and he played at the same/higher level as the loanee last season.

Regarding other Goalkeepers, there are plenty out there at Pro clubs who would have jumped at the chance of competitive first team football for a club like us riding high in the Conference North. The experience is invaluable.

We've gone with the lad now so he's got my backing, just like he has yours, but my point on this subject has always been; I'm surprised he's with us as 6months ago we would not have give this Goalkeeper the time of day.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:37 pm

So....the plenty out there.....who would you go for?

Radar

Post by Radar » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:11 pm

Comfortably_numb wrote:So....the plenty out there.....who would you go for?
Bell is our number 2 keeper, so logically, we shouldn't be going for anybody.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:23 pm

Bell is actually at the club as a goalkeeper coach and to sit on the bench for emergencies. I think even he would admit he isn't really in a position to come in out of the cold with hardly any game time to play regularly.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:43 pm

Radar wrote:
With respect, you're now arguing against yourself. If there are better keepers out there who would also benefit from the experience, why would we go with our goalkeeping coach who hasn't played regularly for two years?

And who out there is better and more experienced? You keep saying there are plenty of keepers we could have signed instead of Dudzinski but haven't given actual names (And in fairness, you've been asked this several times but not given an answer).

I'm not looking to have a go, I genuinely am asking for an opinion on who else you would sign.

Radar

Post by Radar » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:09 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Radar wrote:
With respect, you're now arguing against yourself. If there are better keepers out there who would also benefit from the experience, why would we go with our goalkeeping coach who hasn't played regularly for two years?

And who out there is better and more experienced? You keep saying there are plenty of keepers we could have signed instead of Dudzinski but haven't given actual names (And in fairness, you've been asked this several times but not given an answer).

I'm not looking to have a go, I genuinely am asking for an opinion on who else you would sign.

Maksymilian Stryjek - Sunderland
James Talbot - Sunderland
Aynsley Pears - Middlesbrough
Joseph Fryer - Middlesbrough

The 4 above are all local, and are very highly regarded. All imposing in terms of physique.

Take into account other clubs which are a little further a field with more keepers to choose from, like Newcastle United, Leeds United, Sheffield Wednesday, Barnsley, Rotherham and Huddersfield (Coddington to Wrexham) in the Championship.

There are lots and lots of keepers out there with far stronger CVs than Dudzinski.

For the final time, we wouldn't have even considered him 6 months ago, so why is he good enough now? Because he now plays for Hartlepool. Sorry, its either lazy as ive already said, or we have looked at other options and failed to get anybody else.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:12 pm

I kind of understand what you're trying to say but to call it lazy is a bit overzealous.

You don't know who Gray has contacted for starters. Some clubs won't loan players to a certain level. We might be under their threshold.

And I agree with Gramps about the Bell thing. You kind of went back on your argument slightly.

As people have said, it's a debate. Mine opinion differs slightly from yours

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:49 am

Maybe Belly has indicated to MG that he isn't comfortable with playing, other than coming on for injuries/sending offs etc, and MG is going along with his wishes? He is primarily a coach isn't he? Just a thought.
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!