Comment on OS about Team bus for Salford?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

quakersam
Team Supported: Darlington

Comment on OS about Team bus for Salford?

Post by quakersam » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:21 pm

Why are we raising money for the team coach to Salford? I'm sure we can afford a bus to everywhere else so why is this one different?

"Gavin Ellis ran a general knowledge quiz, which raised another £40 towards the cost of the team coach to Salford, bringing the total to £220 to date."
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Maurice_Peddelty

Re: Comment on OS about Team bus for Salford?

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:37 pm

quakersam wrote:Why are we raising money for the team coach to Salford? I'm sure we can afford a bus to everywhere else so why is this one different?

"Gavin Ellis ran a general knowledge quiz, which raised another £40 towards the cost of the team coach to Salford, bringing the total to £220 to date."
Gavin has been running a quiz on the away coaches this season and to give themselves a meaningful target, the participants decided that they would try and raise enough by the end of the season to pay for the players coach to Salford. They could just as easily have handed over the proceeds after each trip but they chose to set themselves a target - and good on them!

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:00 pm

Gavin asked fans on the bus if this was ok to do, and a great job he is doing, why comment to why? Its upto bus fans and you dont have to enter, in the end the money is still going to the club
so lets move on

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:36 pm

Ah okay brilliant, I was going to say we're not that hard up that we can't pay for a coach :thumbup: Good on them! :clap:
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker