Salford game at Herritage Park

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Spyman
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Salford game at Herritage Park

Post by Spyman » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:11 pm

Neil Johnson wrote:
Gow9900 wrote:As said, better to get everything done and finished rather than do a rush job. We're nearly there, another week or so won't hurt.

Looking at the fixtures, if we do the unthinkable and actually win a cup game next Sunday against Marine, the First Round proper of the FA Trophy is on the weekend of Saturday 10th December, so if we were to get through and get a home draw, that would be the next game and the next opportunity for us to play our first game at Blackwell.

After that the next game will be against Halifax on boxing day.
Boxing Day games are always weather permitting - hope there will be a Marquee Bar, as we could do without beer desert conditions, as DFC had for decades at Feethams.
I thought all games were weather permitting?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

H1987

Post by H1987 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:36 pm

Spyman wrote:
Neil Johnson wrote:
Gow9900 wrote:As said, better to get everything done and finished rather than do a rush job. We're nearly there, another week or so won't hurt.

Looking at the fixtures, if we do the unthinkable and actually win a cup game next Sunday against Marine, the First Round proper of the FA Trophy is on the weekend of Saturday 10th December, so if we were to get through and get a home draw, that would be the next game and the next opportunity for us to play our first game at Blackwell.

After that the next game will be against Halifax on boxing day.
Boxing Day games are always weather permitting - hope there will be a Marquee Bar, as we could do without beer desert conditions, as DFC had for decades at Feethams.
I thought all games were weather permitting?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
No one likes a smart arse ;)

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 pm

loan_star wrote:
Neil Johnson wrote: Boxing Day games are always weather permitting
No s*** Sherlock :lol: :lol: :lol:
How come s*** has been blanked and on other posts Fuck off is ok...? One rule for one..

TangerineDream
Team Supported: Salford City

Post by TangerineDream » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:24 pm

Officially announced on our website that we will again be segregated with no access to the bar on top of the main stand. I have to say that I prefer segregation as it means all our supporters stand or sit together instead of being scattered around the ground. We've been segregated this season at Kidderminster, Telford, Stockport, Altrincham and Fylde so it's no big deal at the end of the day.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:53 pm

TangerineDream wrote:Officially announced on our website that we will again be segregated with no access to the bar on top of the main stand. I have to say that I prefer segregation as it means all our supporters stand or sit together instead of being scattered around the ground. We've been segregated this season at Kidderminster, Telford, Stockport, Altrincham and Fylde so it's no big deal at the end of the day.
Pointless exercise IMO, Fylde brought more than you will bring and weren't segregated and there were no incidents.

aveda

Post by aveda » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:48 am

Maybe it's the two numpties in charge that are being segregated, they're the ones most likely to kick off

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:00 pm

Is it on FA orders?

Didn't the FA order the game at Salford last season to be segregated?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:26 pm

spen666 wrote:Is it on FA orders?

Maybe, but that would be irrelevant.

We took a large following to Salford and there was a lot riding on the game therefore more chance of things becoming heated.

Salford are unlikely to bring many across to us for a game without much consequence other than another 3 points at stake.

Two totally different scenarios.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo Since 68

Post by Darlo Since 68 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:52 pm

Actually the game at Salford was not segregated. I changed ends at half time and watched Darlo attack at both ends. Salford restricted ticket sales, but it was not segregated

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:10 pm

Spyman wrote:

Maybe, but that would be irrelevant.

We took a large following to Salford and there was a lot riding on the game therefore more chance of things becoming heated.

Salford are unlikely to bring many across to us for a game without much consequence other than another 3 points at stake.

Two totally different scenarios.

You are forgetting one thing.... this is the FA.....

I am sure Darlington would not want to go to the expense and trouble of arranging segregation if they were not forced to do it.