Name change to Darlington FC

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

spen666
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Name change to Darlington FC

Post by spen666 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:43 pm

MKDarlo wrote:.....

No there really isnt a need.

The FA know this. They know how we feel. We all told them. We all hate the stupid name forced on us by cretinous FA blazers with little concept of what football is about.

There is your consultation done and dusted. That was easy wasn't it? Change it back. Now.

Without a consultation (in whatever form that may take), then how do the FA know? You know what you want. Without some form of consultation the FA don't.

If the FA just accept whatever someone applies for, then what is there so stop someone mischevious putting in an application to change it again to something else.

The consultation is as Robbie Painter describes. It is something that works in the interests of football fans, not against them.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:42 pm

Robbie Painter wrote:
Mr_Tibbs wrote:
I couldn't see anything about Darlo on their website. Is there a link to this survey? I doubt the FA have anything to do with it - are they that far-sighted to outsource a survey for something they probably don't even know is coming?

It sounds more like the FSF have seized on an old bit of news and thought it's something they can use to help themselves look more great.
It's an email sent out to FSF members:
Dear Member,

The Football Supporters' Federation (FSF) have be contacted by The FA regards Darlington 1883 request to change their playing name to Darlington for the start of the 2017/18 season.

As members of the FSF who support Darlington 1883 we would very much like to hear from you regards this change; do you support or oppose this change and if you feel the club have consulted their supporters sufficiently on this?

We look forward to hearing from you so we can include your response in our reply to The FA.

Many thanks
The FSF aren't being dicks, they aren't trying to make themselves look great, they are simply seeking the views of Darlo fans (you say who you support when you sign up with the FSF) re the name change.

Clearly the FA, through the FSF, want to get fan feedback. Hopefully there will be plenty of Darlo fans emailing the FSF to explain why its so important that we drop the digits and get our rightful name back ASAP.
Fair enough, I just got the wrong impression that it was something that went out on twitter.

I wonder how many Darlo fans they have as members, and if they all feel that they've been sufficiently consulted by the club on this?

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:13 pm

I think this is probably an exercise that makes sense. If you don't do it for every name change then it's open fire abuse like the stupid situation at Hull. Probably a formality in 90% of situations but very necessary for the other 10%, just as with things like planning applications. Waft it past without a fuss and get it done.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:52 am

Am guessing FA will change our name the day after Brexit. ;)