the 500 club

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

spen666
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: the 500 club

Post by spen666 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:58 pm

H1987 wrote:.....

The bar situation will need to be resolved. Hopefully a good, heated marquee bar will help, and in time infrastructure can be put in place so all can get a half time pint. .....

Couple of points

1. Yeovil have a Marquee outside ground and it has served them well for years. Welcomes all fans and serves lots of beers. Its not done them any harm

2. Bar inside ground - as things stand at present, this is a problem because the Durham FA have issued guidance recently saying their rules forbid alcohol in the ground other than in a clubhouse.
Thus serving alcohol elsewhere in ground is against this (stupid) Durham FA rule

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:13 pm

Darlodaz ,use the marquee beer is the same stop whingeing ,it is what it is,

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:48 pm

Crazy Durham FA ruling, but the Marquee Bar can limit entry to home support match ticket holders somehow, while not being in the "football" area. Just needs a door facing the "football" area with a steward.

A Marquee bar will be far more interesting than a very sparsely populated clubhouse bar (85 paying guests in a room for 200-400), so personally I don't see the latter as much of a perk.

I am a 500 club member and like many of them an exile, so I wont benefit from all of the perks, but when all ticket games arise I do appreciate having first dibs at receiving a ticket.

Imagine the club running a lottery principle for every Cup, Play-Off and Away all ticket game?
A lottery was agreed in DFC / DFCSG for Salford Away, last season, but was soon challenged and corrected.

The perks were established to promote desperately needed sales of Club 500 tickets, mainly for home based supporters. After 5 or 6 years there will need to be other arrangements, with season ticket holders probably getting first priority, but by then bar, seating, parking facilities should be more in line with demands.

The old DFC granted perks for life to a few who had donated a few hundred to the club when it had a minor cash flow problem. This would be really devisive, if it were repeated.

darlodaz

Post by darlodaz » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:39 pm

darlodaz will use the marquee as the drink will be as wet as someone has pointed out.[for those of you that want to call me tosser,arsehole etc feel free to find me in there]
now to the original post i do believe it has been taken out of hand i wasnt whinging as some of you point out i am as grateful as the rest for what they have done. so thankyou 500 club.
i was curious as to when/if the perks they receive will ever be diluted slightly and the general pay on the day fans whos money and support is vital too will be appreciated to a point where they are not right at the back of the que for everything.just because they are not members of this that and the other does not mean they dont love their club and pay there way.[there are lots out there that can only afford this way and have supported the club for years without missing a game]

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:15 pm

darlodaz wrote:darlodaz will use the marquee as the drink will be as wet as someone has pointed out.[for those of you that want to call me tosser,arsehole etc feel free to find me in there]
now to the original post i do believe it has been taken out of hand i wasnt whinging as some of you point out i am as grateful as the rest for what they have done. so thankyou 500 club.
i was curious as to when/if the perks they receive will ever be diluted slightly and the general pay on the day fans whos money and support is vital too will be appreciated to a point where they are not right at the back of the que for everything.just because they are not members of this that and the other does not mean they dont love their club and pay there way.[there are lots out there that can only afford this way and have supported the club for years without missing a game]
If you only ever pay on the day, you will always be at the back of the queue. It's largely the necessity of business in football.

Unless you become a season ticket holders or a DFCSG member your upfront commitment to the club is limited. Let's face it you could stop going and you lose nothing. Someone who buys into 500 club or season ticket holder is committing in advance no matter what.

Granted some people can't afford it but you have to give perks/advantages to those willing to pay upfront.

Sorry Daz but I just don't get your opinion on this and from a business point of view it's flawed.