the 500 club

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

darlodaz
Team Supported: Darlington

the 500 club

Post by darlodaz » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:08 pm

this probably aint going to go down too well with a lot of people but here goes.
i understand that the people who bought these season tickets got a great deal for the price they paid.[not sure what the whole package entailed] did it include every perk was their entitlement first? i know we needed that cash to get us home etc etc.
how long before regular/permanent pay on the day people become a bit pssd off with feeling a bit like 2nd rate supporters? after all they are the life blood for the nxt 5 seasons in all reality.

Emdubya

Re: the 500 club

Post by Emdubya » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:34 pm

Has the thought crossed your mind that without the 500 club members we might not have a club at all?.No,didn't think so.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:37 pm

Emdubya wrote:Has the thought crossed your mind that without the 500 club members we might not have a club at all?.No,didn't think so.
I don't think much crosses his mind at all based on previous topics he's started.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:44 pm

That`s why season ticket holders have priority over anyone who just fancies coming along this applies to all football clubs they are the reason clubs can set budgets for the season

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:49 pm

darlodaz wrote:this probably aint going to go down too well with a lot of people but here goes.
i understand that the people who bought these season tickets got a great deal for the price they paid.[not sure what the whole package entailed] did it include every perk was their entitlement first? i know we needed that cash to get us home etc etc.
how long before regular/permanent pay on the day people become a bit pssd off with feeling a bit like 2nd rate supporters? after all they are the life blood for the nxt 5 seasons in all reality.
Do you have to work at being a tosser or does it come naturally ?

Gow9900

Post by Gow9900 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:51 pm

If it wasn't for the 500 club members buying 5 year season tickets and spending large amounts of monies doing so, Blackwell most likely wouldn't be happening.

So I, and most other Darlo fans will be eternally greatful for what they did, and I won't feel like any resentment towards them.

darlodaz

Post by darlodaz » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:00 pm

yeah and without the rest of us paying on the day we mite still not have a club so dont come that crap. i did say i realise we needed their cash to get us home etc
i am asking a question thats all as to where and when it stops. i do not feel resentment towards them either.
funny as it happens this wasnt just me thinking this it was several others including at least one 500 member.

johninskopje

Post by johninskopje » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:03 pm

I'm only one but I can tell you the £2k was not easy to find but I did it because I love my club and even more I love the excitement it has given me all of my life watching out for the results wherever I might be living. I'm sorry if that is not what you want to read but it is true

darlodaz

Post by darlodaz » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:09 pm

ffs whats up with you lot im asking a question thats all not disrespecting the 500 club.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:11 pm

darlodaz wrote:yeah and without the rest of us paying on the day we mite still not have a club so dont come that crap. i did say i realise we needed their cash to get us home etc
i am asking a question thats all as to where and when it stops. i do not feel resentment towards them either.
funny as it happens this wasnt just me thinking this it was several others including at least one 500 member.
OK, to answer your question, it stops after 5 years.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:16 pm

darlodaz wrote:ffs whats up with you lot im asking a question thats all not disrespecting the 500 club.
Anyone who joined paid for 5 years and then many added a 6th year up front. Now if the club goes bust that money has gone for all those people, who the majority of them also bought shares etc.

Now we needed the cash desperately at the time and in all honesty you keep these people sweet as they are likely to dip in again and probably more likely than most pay on the day people.

What benefits do you think they currently get and what benefits would you have enticed them with instead?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:31 pm

I bought a 500 club ST to help the club get back to Daro. Yes it was a good deal and it was open to everyone. I hope daz's opinions are very much in a minority on here.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:32 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I bought a 500 club ST to help the club get back to Daro. Yes it was a good deal and it was open to everyone. I hope daz's opinions are very much in a minority on here.
I don't think I know what his opinions/points are yet as he hasn't been very clear articulating them.

darlodaz

Post by darlodaz » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:34 pm

super-les
i think everyone appreciates the 500 club and shareholders etc all i was asking is do they get every perk first and how long for?
there are a lot of supporters that do pay game to game and have done for years but can not afford the big one off deals and are an absolute necessity for the club over the nxt 5/6 seasons so what do we do to keep those happy aswell ?
basically do the perks keep going to the 500 club for nxt 5/6 seasons?
try to stop being bloody paranoid im not having a dig im just curious as are others regd this matter.
Last edited by darlodaz on Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:35 pm

darlodaz wrote:super-les
i think everyone appreciates the 500 club and shareholders etc all i was asking is do they get every perk first and how long for?
there are a lot of supporters that do pay game to game and have done for years but can not afford the big one off deals and are an absolute necessity for the club over the nxt 5/6 seasons so what do we do to keep those happy aswel?
So what do you think they get and what would you have offered?

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:37 pm

darlodaz wrote: there are a lot of supporters that do pay game to game and have done for years but can not afford the big one off deals and are an absolute necessity for the club over the nxt 5/6 seasons so what do we do to keep those happy aswel?
Win football matches and run the club sensibly. That's enough to keep me happy.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

darlodaz

Post by darlodaz » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:44 pm

go on gramps,fair point

quakerlady

Post by quakerlady » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:45 pm

After many years of paying on the door, fundraising,share owning etc. This time round I decided to put my money into the BM fund by buying 2 x 500 Club.
I do know what darlodaz means as I didnt buy in to it to get any perks, personally not interested in bar membership, priority car park pass or whatever is on offer. I am still just the same ordinary fan standing in the crowd.
Possible perk would be not having to get a match ticket as I can never get to the Dolphin due to working hours.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:59 pm

darlodaz wrote:super-les
there are a lot of supporters that do pay game to game and have done for years but can not afford the big one off deals and are an absolute necessity for the club over the nxt 5/6 seasons so what do we do to keep those happy aswell ?
basically do the perks keep going to the 500 club for nxt 5/6 seasons?
try to stop being bloody paranoid im not having a dig im just curious as are others regd this matter.
I've already answered your question. They get the perks for the 5 years that they paid for.

Don't complain that nobody is answering your question and then ignore the answer when it's given.

DC

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:30 pm

I can't believe some of the shite I've started to read recently, seems the closer we're getting to returning home the more moaning arseholes are coming out of the woodwork. I thought we'd got rid of this type of rubbish, evidently it's just been in hibernation.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:31 am

Shows just how stupid the question is,he answered it himself and can't see it ,
Well here it is,5/6years from start to finish ,depending on whether a one year extension was bought,

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:01 am

No doubt the OP also believes that Season ticket holders should not get guaranteed admission ahead of pay on the day fans, to all ticket league games.

Some people should not be let near a computer

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:40 am

Summer 2020, the number of 500 club members will reduce, and 2021 it will have expired, unless there are further extensions.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:10 am

Darlodaz is obviously not happy with the bar situation at BM, and I can sort of understand that some will be put out that only 500 club members, at this stage, can have access to the bar at BM. However, without those fans willing to lump in >£1000, then we would have struggled to even be at BM anyway.

There is scope for a debate as to whether a members only bar is in the spirit of a fans owned club, but as this is the route the club has decided to go down, then 500 club members should get priority, and then season ticket holders, then DFCSG members, and then general sale.

beatroute66

Post by beatroute66 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:17 am

darlodaz wrote:i do not feel resentment towards them either.
That's comforting to know. I was wondering, when shelling out the loot at the time, "jeez, I hope nobody resents me doing this in time..."

:roll:

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:17 am

Undercovered wrote:I can't believe some of the shite I've started to read recently, seems the closer we're getting to returning home the more moaning arseholes are coming out of the woodwork. I thought we'd got rid of this type of rubbish, evidently it's just been in hibernation.
The thing that strikes me is the selfish, individualist nature of the whinging.

"Why can't I have a parking space?"
"Why won't I be allowed into the bar?"
"Why do I have to walk further to get to the ground?"
"What can I get out of it?"

In 2012, the club had absolutely nothing, apart from the contracts of John McReady and Phil Gray.

From that point, we have struggled and strained. And through working together for the common purpose of progressing and developing the club, Darlington FC has reached 2nd in the National League North.

The club didn't get to this point through individuals only looking out for themselves.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

H1987

Post by H1987 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:27 am

The 500 club took the club home. I can't quite get my head around why anyone would have a problem with it... It makes sense to me that they should get priority for things like bar waits, shirt releases etc.

The bar situation will need to be resolved. Hopefully a good, heated marquee bar will help, and in time infrastructure can be put in place so all can get a half time pint. I agree, half of the incentive of BM was the existing infrastructure, as obviously it is what costs the most to build from scratch. People will be frustrated if they can't use it, and 85 seems insanely low, but perhaps there is access granted to others (players & officials families, hospitality etc) plus that 85, so the actual capacity is bigger, it is just there are only an additional 85 spaces up for grabs.

In time, i would imagine an additional bar will become a priority. They make money, and could be achieved fairly easily if you get an outside provider in and rent the space out. I went to Dulwich Hamlet fairly recently and they've basically got a bar built inside the equivalent of a large shed serving small cans / plastic bottles of beer and soft drinks & crisps etc in the corner of the ground. They also seem to allow outside food providers to bring their 'street food' wagons and park up next to the pitch, presumably for a fee. It takes the burden off the club I suppose, and they'll receive a set fee for it.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:03 pm

There are a lot of people who deserve to be appreciated for their efforts in supporting the club's rise from the ashes, not just the 500 club. I do not begrudge them anything as they are sharing the risks in this venture and deserve a few perks. Not everyone has the immediate cash which they can afford to lose.

What I would say is give BM the chance to get sorted first before the whinging starts. No doubt there will be teething troubles, glitches to sort and opportunities to realise. There are a lot of 'behind the scenes' requirements that 'ordinary' folk may not be aware of, such as the licensing, H&S requirements and even hygiene rules affecting the caterers irrespective of what the FA want to stick to us. Everyone needs to stick together, get behind the Board and team, not forgetting MG. We are so close to realising the dream of returning to Darlo so let's not blow it all now. Lots of people would be happy to see it all go wrong. Darlington FC are better than that and we can prove them & the FA wrong if we stick together.

bigrichiet

Post by bigrichiet » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:44 pm

Got a top secret inside update. The beers in the marquee will be as wet as the beers in the bar

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:54 pm

I would never begrudge those who bought into the 500 club. I do my bit in other ways as I don't get to home games but I went to Tranmere with a mate recently and the marquee experience was brilliant!