Car parking at BM

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quakerz
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Car parking at BM

Post by Quakerz » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:49 pm

theoriginalcount wrote:Has anyone explored a 'Park and Ride' scheme to alleviate the potential car parking issues as not everyone who supports the team actually lives in the town and as such, have to drive and need SOMEWHERE to park?
It's a big town with plenty of places to park. There is no need to operate a costly park and ride to satisfy the demands of a relatively small fanbase. It'd be different if we were getting 10,000 every week.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:49 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:What if you're ambidextrous?
Then you can use both. :lol:

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:23 am

I went the rugby league final at anfield yesterday, 40,000 crowd, £15 to park, all the roads around are resident parking so I drove until I found free street parking. 12 minute walk, it's not difficult!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:31 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:I went the rugby league final at anfield yesterday, 40,000 crowd, £15 to park, all the roads around are resident parking so I drove until I found free street parking. 12 minute walk, it's not difficult!
Honestly, who do you think you are, being sensible and everything.

You're meant to park up in a ridiculous position just outside the ground, then complain anonymously on a forum that you don't have your own personalised parking space.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:45 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:I went the rugby league final at anfield yesterday, 40,000 crowd, £15 to park, all the roads around are resident parking so I drove until I found free street parking. 12 minute walk, it's not difficult!
But it was around Anfield, so when you got back to your car, it was on bricks. :shock:

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:51 pm

People can park on my driveway and walk with me to the ground...it's 19 mins away (I've timed it already).

Only £2.00 per game (plus a valuable fitness boost for free). 100% of income will go to the club...in 2021, when i next need to buy a season ticket.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:39 pm

I know of someone who was a keen cyclist and used to regularly bicycle from Ripon to Newcastle to watch games at St James Park. :clap:

After the game he cycled further north for the night, then returned back home on the Sunday.

This all happened in the 50's, he still goes to games now, but takes the car !!
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:43 pm

The old ones are the best! (Yawns)

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:52 pm

Must take a lot to impress you .... (also yawns)
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:37 pm

I think he was referring to my silly, stereotypical, obvious and mandatory quip about scousers as opposed to the cycling.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:46 pm

dickdarlington wrote:I think he was referring to my silly, stereotypical, obvious and mandatory quip about scousers as opposed to the cycling.

Perhaps he was.

Can't wait to find out.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:55 pm

Some touchy fuckers about recently on here isn't there ?
Think before posting

botrash

Post by botrash » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:24 pm

Did anyone ever hear anything in reply to their application? Transferred the money to them on the first day then popped my form in the post, but not heard a thing since.

I assume there will be announcement at some point this week regarding parking in general, I guess?

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:33 pm

I did the same as you and I got a pass. Try e-mailing the shop to ask if you have one. I take it you didn't try to pick it up at the last home game.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

botrash

Post by botrash » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:12 pm

Makka Pakka wrote:I did the same as you and I got a pass. Try e-mailing the shop to ask if you have one. I take it you didn't try to pick it up at the last home game.
Thanks, I've fired off an email to them. I didn't even think of asking at the game - it had completely slipped my mind until I recently realised I'd heard nothing at all since!