Pre Blackwell Meadows beers

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

darlodaz
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Pre Blackwell Meadows beers

Post by darlodaz » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:26 pm

darlo mart.the answer is no as they say there are regular bus services that way every 15 mins so no need to.

darlodog

Post by darlodog » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:59 pm

H1987 wrote:Reading the Fylde post just made this cross my mind. That road is pretty sparse, pub wise from the town. Might be Twenty2's for me?
Ralph the owner of 22s really doesn't like football fans so can't see any colours allowed in there. You are better off trying the Blackwell Grange bar.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:10 pm

There's plenty of pubs in town that will be open. Not sure why specific bars are being mentioned to be fair.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:31 pm

darlodaz wrote:spen666.do they get the use of the car park aswell? resulting in further lost revenue then.
would not be surprised if the use of facilities is based on first team games alone for both clubs.i think most other of the rugby youth teams etc play on a sunday.

I have no idea what the plans are but I would doubt DFC have exclusive use of BM on a home match day. DRFC have at least 3 males adult teams and an U18 colts team who usually play on a Saturday.

It is unlikely that at least some of these teams will be at home on a DFC match day. Those teams will want/need to use the facilities as well. Remember it's a ground sharing agreement not a take over of the facilities.

Incidentally Yeovil have used a Marquee outside the ground as a bar for years and it seems to work well when I have been there. Gets lots inside drinking

HarrytheQuaker

Pre Blackwell Meadows beers

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:44 pm

Where's darlo Pete when u need an opinion on this matter or Norway Neil

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:08 pm

darlodaz wrote:lol36789.you suggested all s/t holders will get access to the bar which is potentially going to be restricted to around 80 people.maybe you can tell me how all our s/t holders are going to get in using your 2 ltr bottle theory?
No I didn't. I said that season ticket / members will have access to the bar as in an entitlement so to speak. Not that they will get into the bar every single game.

I also have no idea where 80 people has come from? If there are only 80 people able to fit in then i'll be honest you aren't going to fit anyone else in apart from players, coaching staff, match officials and club officials.

I don't believe all season ticket holders can always access a bar at any club? We have hundreds of them right now and they can't fit in Blackwell Meadows? I really don't understand what the question is anymore or what your actual concern is.

Is your question will the doors to the bars be open access - I suspect not
Do I think there will be room in the bars for all the people entitled to access it at anyone point in time - I suspect not

Lawman3

Post by Lawman3 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:32 pm

darlodog wrote:
H1987 wrote:Reading the Fylde post just made this cross my mind. That road is pretty sparse, pub wise from the town. Might be Twenty2's for me?
Ralph the owner of 22s really doesn't like football fans so can't see any colours allowed in there. You are better off trying the Blackwell Grange bar.
I don't think Ralph runs Number 22 any more. I haven't seen him there for a long time.
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:01 am

Details for bar & car park on official site now

JE93

Post by JE93 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:31 am

These schemes Might not please everyone but they are pragmatic and there are some impressive revenue figures in there.

Car parking 125 £50 season tickets plus 125 spaces league parking to the end of the season Is circa £12,500 realise that this doesn't all go to the club but it's good revenue.

In addition 80× £40 =£3,400 from bar membership.

Mini season ticket 150 × average price of £100 = £15,000.

That means in addition to increased gate revenue we will also have an additional £31,000 in revenue coming into the club (again I realise that some of the car parking money will go to the rugby club but very impressive figures non the less).

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:34 am

£5 for parking - very disappointing. One of the top things people hated about the Arena & we've replicated it on our return to Darlo.

85 people allowed in bar, no alcohol served at HT. Club seem to have been hit with very tight licensing restrictions.

Fan un-friendly start.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:10 am

Is that 85 including players or is that hospitality elsewhere?

Players - 32 (11 players + 5 subs)
Coaching staff - 10 (5 each)
Match officials & guests - 10 (ref / AR + 2 guests each + observer)
Club officials - 16 (8 committee members each)

That would be 68 people accounted for already!?

The parking I am less concerned with public transport and legs are enough to get people to games. As has been said a taxi from town will be £1 per person.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:16 am

Robbie Painter wrote:£5 for parking - very disappointing. One of the top things people hated about the Arena & we've replicated it on our return to Darlo.

85 people allowed in bar, no alcohol served at HT. Club seem to have been hit with very tight licensing restrictions.

Fan un-friendly start.
Agreed re the parking. The club have explained why they've put it at that price in the statement, but it's still a large headline figure to the floating fan who won't know these details. At the numbers we are talking about (250 spaces), £1 or £2 less per car wouldn't make a huge dent in the turnover.

I suppose a difference with the Arena is that there is going to be restricted space at BM for cars.

The bar sounds like it's out of the clubs hands - disappointing, but hopefully things will improve as time goes by.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:17 am

The club house also needs to be used by the rugby club on a match day, so some restriction is needed. I do think both sides are being overly cautious. And expect this to be more relaxed once we're in. If not, then we're hardly being made welcome are we?

Re the parking. It's not great. I think we'd all have accepted £3, possibly £4. But that little bit extra is a stand out figure which people will jump on. I really hope that this applies to the rugby club too. Because if not, then that's very unfair and needs to be addressed.

These figures are always going to cause tensions because at face value, it looks like the rugby club are on the make and nothing else.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:22 am

lo36789 wrote:Is that 85 including players or is that hospitality elsewhere?

Players - 32 (11 players + 5 subs)
Coaching staff - 10 (5 each)
Match officials & guests - 10 (ref / AR + 2 guests each + observer)
Club officials - 16 (8 committee members each)

That would be 68 people accounted for already!?

The parking I am less concerned with public transport and legs are enough to get people to games. As has been said a taxi from town will be £1 per person.
There is the room upstairs as well, where corporate guests will be hosted. I'm assuming that is where players, officials etc will go.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:32 am

dickdarlington wrote: These figures are always going to cause tensions because at face value, it looks like the rugby club are on the make and nothing else.
I think most understand it is the rugby club's ground, and they will want to make money out of the ground share, but I hope that BM over time will feel like home to us, and that the deal isn't overly weighted in the rugby club's favour.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:05 pm

darlodaz wrote:darlo mart.the answer is no as they say there are regular bus services that way every 15 mins so no need to.
Not for night games.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:15 pm

Neil Johnson wrote:
darlodaz wrote:darlo mart.the answer is no as they say there are regular bus services that way every 15 mins so no need to.
Not for night games.
We only have one night game at home left weather permitting of course.. So time to find an alternativeImage

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:18 pm

al_quaker wrote:
dickdarlington wrote: These figures are always going to cause tensions because at face value, it looks like the rugby club are on the make and nothing else.
I think most understand it is the rugby club's ground, and they will want to make money out of the ground share, but I hope that BM over time will feel like home to us, and that the deal isn't overly weighted in the rugby club's favour.
As per the explanation at one of the BM Forums:

Present downstairs bar facing pitch - for members (subsequently Club 500 priority with a £20 match day bar membership surcharge) - bar licenced for around 200 - entry after turnstiles - includes some real ale on draught.

New Rugby, Hockey & Other sports bar downstairs - for non-football use / income - entry from the existing (non-football) car park.

Upstairs bar / balcony for corporate, sponsors & functions in general.

New Marquee bar built against the new extension for general football fans on matchdays. I suppose this may be home fans only for some games. Not sure if entrance is before or after turnstiles.

Numbers permitted in each bar will probably be subject to council inspection.

Looks like the cash streams for each club can be separated.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:20 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Neil Johnson wrote:
Not for night games.
We only have one night game at home left weather permitting of course.. So time to find an alternativeImage
One in the league and None in the Trophy, and assuming no postponements?

Then there's the other 19 seasons.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:12 pm

So we get a bar in a marquee and have to pay to park if we don't fancy a short walk or bus from town. I don't see the problem personally.

We could stay at Bishop if people prefer? Life's not perfect, compromise is required.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:00 pm

Come on lads it's new to all of us ,lets give it time and see what happens then if something isn't right make it known to the people who can change things ,
Time will tell if the clubs work for the benefit of each other.

Beano

Post by Beano » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:14 pm

If there is huge demand for pre match drinks and snacks I don't doubt that it will be quickly capitalised upon.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:21 pm

Spyman wrote:So we get a bar in a marquee and have to pay to park if we don't fancy a short walk or bus from town. I don't see the problem personally.

We could stay at Bishop if people prefer? Life's not perfect, compromise is required.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yes Yes and Yes

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:43 pm

I take it that everybody will have to pay £3 if they want to drink in the clubhouse, even if you have a ST or are a member of the 500 club?

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:35 pm

I used to drink at the Copper Beech before games at the arena but I wasn't going when we were at Feethams... Where did people used to drink back then? 22s is a good shout...

Trike1

Post by Trike1 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:40 pm

No Pete
only open to 500 club member with a £20 membership fee

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:56 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:I used to drink at the Copper Beech before games at the arena but I wasn't going when we were at Feethams... Where did people used to drink back then? 22s is a good shout...

Will probably have a few in the Boot and Shoe and walk down to the bus stop outside the Town Hall and get the X26/X27 bus to the new ground.

gabbas

Post by gabbas » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:41 pm

The woollen mill might not be a bad shout , cheap food and drink, down Victoria embankment reminiscing all way, through South Park. 15 mind or so I reckon.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:52 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:I used to drink at the Copper Beech before games at the arena but I wasn't going when we were at Feethams... Where did people used to drink back then? 22s is a good shout...
I know a few went to drink in the Darlington Cricket Club, the Hole in the Wall and the Penneyweight.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:15 pm

Just gunna contradict my point further up and say places I'll end up heading.

Steads, Boot & Shoe, Woollen Mill or Hoskins. All cheap and cheerful.