What's the odds on it being Salford?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

HarrytheQuaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: What's the odds on it being Salford?

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:44 pm

darlogd wrote:What's the chance of 3000 gate ? Give Salford the first 150/200 tickets printed, arrange for duplicates to be printed and and arrange that Salford notify us the numbers of the tickets that they will be returning by Thursday when we will be able to sell them, if there's a demand. Remember Salford is our last game so don't give them an excuse to treat us badly as we will have a big demand for their tickets.
They don't need an excuse to be fair...

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:22 pm

Fuck Salford, give them as little tickets as possible.

People are gunna miss out on this game without giving Salford more tickets than they need.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:00 am

AndyPark wrote:Fuck Salford, give them as little tickets as possible.

People are gunna miss out on this game without giving Salford more tickets than they need.
Anyone who will be upset at missing out can still join DFCSG for less than £2 a month as priority tickets are still guaranteed and they could easily recover costs if they use Virgin trains, frequent Ginger Inns or the Oven restaurant. Leaflets were handed out at the match on Saturday to highlight this fact.

TangerineDream
Team Supported: Salford City

Post by TangerineDream » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:30 am

I'm glad to see that there are at least a few sensible replies to my original question!

The allocation of 250 given to yourselves against a set limit of 1400 was not decided by ourselves but by the Football Association and was based on events initiated it has to be said by some of your 'followers' in the previous season as detailed in the enclosed report which seemingly proved equally unpopular with many local supporters.

http://ltjournalism.com/all-ticket/

Just because you may have 1000, 2000 or however many supporters who may want to come to your final game at our place at the end of the season do you honestly think that you should get that many tickets in what may well be a reduced capacity in any case due to the building work that has already started at Moor Lane? How do you think that Manchester United or Liverpool supporters feel when they get minute allocations at large capacity opposition grounds? Just because they have thousands of fans wanting tickets doesn't make any difference whatsoever in relation to the numbers they actually receive and I'm afraid the same will apply to yourselves at wherever demand is greater than capacity - irrespective of whether it's our ground or someone else's. It's unfortunate but that's just the way it is.

Hopefully common sense will prevail and both clubs will come to some sort of agreement that is beneficial to as many supporters as possible who want to attend both games between our two teams.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:03 pm

If you can only give us 200 tickets then it is what it is. Darlo fans will miss out.

If we can only justify giving you 50-100 tickets then it is what it is.

I can't see you bringing more than 100 in any case, so your fans are unlikely to miss out.

You may think a lot of people aren't talking sense on this thread, but giving you 50 or 100 tickets is totally sensible.

Whatever you give us in April, or what you gave us last season, isn't even relevant to this upcoming match.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:25 pm

TangerineDream wrote:I'm glad to see that there are at least a few sensible replies to my original question!

The allocation of 250 given to yourselves against a set limit of 1400 was not decided by ourselves but by the Football Association and was based on events initiated it has to be said by some of your 'followers' in the previous season as detailed in the enclosed report which seemingly proved equally unpopular with many local supporters.

http://ltjournalism.com/all-ticket/

Just because you may have 1000, 2000 or however many supporters who may want to come to your final game at our place at the end of the season do you honestly think that you should get that many tickets in what may well be a reduced capacity in any case due to the building work that has already started at Moor Lane? How do you think that Manchester United or Liverpool supporters feel when they get minute allocations at large capacity opposition grounds? Just because they have thousands of fans wanting tickets doesn't make any difference whatsoever in relation to the numbers they actually receive and I'm afraid the same will apply to yourselves at wherever demand is greater than capacity - irrespective of whether it's our ground or someone else's. It's unfortunate but that's just the way it is.

Hopefully common sense will prevail and both clubs will come to some sort of agreement that is beneficial to as many supporters as possible who want to attend both games between our two teams.
I thought all grounds in our league HAD to be up to Conference North standard by 31st March..Crowd capacity for Conference North being 3000...I could be wrong though...
But, if I am right then you should be able to supply enough tickets to create a great end of season atmosphere...Providing that the FA don't step in again.

roadrunner

Post by roadrunner » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:30 pm

The game could be sunday with midday kick off yet if the council get there way.

TangerineDream
Team Supported: Salford City

Post by TangerineDream » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:21 pm

As much as I'd like it to be I'm finding it increasingly difficult to believe that we will now actually be your first ever opponents at your new home as there's absolutely no mention at all of any completion date of the Blackwell Meadows development on your official website to suggest that this might even be a possibility. Given also that this game is now just a fortnight away surely there is still way too much to organise both on and off the field of play within such a remaining short time frame. I'm getting resigned to my fourth successive trip to Heritage Park where at least it won't be an all ticket affair!

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:07 pm

TangerineDream wrote:As much as I'd like it to be I'm finding it increasingly difficult to believe that we will now actually be your first ever opponents at your new home as there's absolutely no mention at all of any completion date of the Blackwell Meadows development on your official website to suggest that this might even be a possibility. Given also that this game is now just a fortnight away surely there is still way too much to organise both on and off the field of play within such a remaining short time frame. I'm getting resigned to my fourth successive trip to Heritage Park where at least it won't be an all ticket affair!
Take what you want from the information you have TD.
I understand that the FA have visited the site this week and that Darlington Borough Council (DBC) have also visited the site...Until they come up with a decision. You, like us will just have to wait on what the outcome is.
We would like it to be sooner rather than later as it woulld be better revenue for us.
Your team will only bring the same support regardless of which ground we play at... And when you have travelled the 110 miles to Darlington, the extra 11 miles to Bishop Auckland wont really come in to it.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:28 pm

My opinion wrote: Take what you want from the information you have TD.
I understand that the FA have visited the site this week....
Mainly because it was in the Northern Echo.

" I understand...." - reading the local paper and pretending you have inside information. Very strange.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:00 am

Darlogramps wrote:

" I understand...." - reading the local paper and pretending you have inside information. Very strange.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:08 pm

Darlogramps wrote:

Jesus :wtf: