Big crowds at BM

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quaker0006
Team Supported: Darlington

Big crowds at BM

Post by Quaker0006 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:50 pm

Theres no doubt there was be some new faces once we are back. What happens if well supported clubs like Halifax want to bring 1000 through? Presume some may be made all ticket but do you have to give away sides certain percentage in league games as you do in cups?

Darlo_Pete

Re: Big crowds at BM

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:58 pm

I'd think we'd only have to give our opponents 10% of the capacity or does that only apply further up the pyramid?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:39 pm

Halifax will never bring 1,000, not near, not even on boxing Day.

I have never seen them bring that many to Darlo.

They could probably muster up 250 for a normal Saturday, maybe 4-500 on Boxing Day, but to be honest if we give them more than 300 we're selling our own fans short.

And as for Salford for the first match which will be a guaranteed sell out - can we justify more than 50?

Certainly if the club offered more than that there is a chance of wasted tickets which could have gone to Darlo fans.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:45 pm

Quakerz wrote:Halifax will never bring 1,000, not near, not even on boxing Day.

They could probably muster up 250 for a normal Saturday, maybe 4-500 on Boxing Day, but to be honest if we give them more than 300 we're selling our own fans short.

And as for Salford for the first match which will be a guaranteed sell out - can we justify more than 50?

Certainly if the club offered more than that there is a chance of wasted tickets which could have gone to Darlo fans.
Halifax took 700 to Stockport on a Tuesday night.

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:44 pm

Segregation requirements for Halifax fans will mean a certain amount of supporter capacity needed. This may be the defining issue for the number of away fans. Those Darlo fans who just expect to turn up and get in for the first few home games should ensure attendance by joining DFCSG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:30 pm

bigdavethemaddog wrote:

Well, I've never seen them bring 700 here, ever, at any time in the last 30 years.

And Halifax to Stockport is a 41 mile journey. You can double that to Darlo.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:02 pm

They were always crap though, so no surprise they didn't travel. Perhaps, like us, winning every week in non league has bolstered their away support.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:45 pm

Our away support was usually better in the Football League than Non-League, especially in more Southern locations.

Halifax & Stockport are neighbouring derby teams and the former had a good cup run last season.

I would expect a 500 maximum demand for away (standing only) tickets at BM, unless it's a late season promotion run-in game or play-off.

Lets hope we fill BM enough so we never have to allocate 500 tickets, or any car parking places to away fans this season.

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:44 pm

Quakerz wrote:
bigdavethemaddog wrote:

Well, I've never seen them bring 700 here, ever, at any time in the last 30 years.

According to Stockport County, Halifax took 531 to the game this season.

http://www.stockportcounty.com/news/art ... 53444.aspx
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

Shaymen down under
Team Supported: Halifax

Post by Shaymen down under » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:07 pm

Makka Pakka wrote:
Quakerz wrote:
bigdavethemaddog wrote:

According to Stockport County, Halifax took 531 to the game this season.

http://www.stockportcounty.com/news/art ... 53444.aspx
We took 531 to Stockport(tue), 700 to fylde(sat), 600 to salford(tue) and between 5-700 to Harrogate for fa cup. In the same context we only took 200 to Boston this past Saturday.

At the very minimum we will take around 400 to darlo(ex league and long time since playing you). If we were riding high and continue our good run of form then if capacity wasn't an issue then a figure of 600-700 would be expected.

I would imagine their would be a grumbling if we got less than 500'tickets. But i think it will be about right in the scheme of things.

If this was a promotion decider in April, would easily bring 800-1000 if not more.

How many can we expect to the shay over the Xmas/new year??

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:29 pm

New Years Day I would expect minimum 500/maximum 700 Darlo to travel to that one.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:02 pm

Away crowds will surely at this point come down to segregation and also, frankly, demand for home supporters. If the place is regularly close to capacity, I can't imagine the club being willing to give up 500 tickets to away supporters. That will be 1/6 of the capacity! I'd say if the crowds are high, until the ground is expanded, it may well be limited to 300 away tickets available. 10% of capacity.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:38 am

Capacity may initially be less than 3,000 if Council get bolshy.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:29 am

Neil Johnson wrote:Capacity may initially be less than 3,000 if Council get bolshy.
The Council's officer responsible for granting the safety certificate will assess Blackwell Meadows in accordance with the "Guide to Safety at Sports Ground", commonly known as the 'Green Guide'. I haven't read the guide, mainly because I'm not sufficiently motivated to spend £33 to buy one, but no doubt there will be areas where the officer will be required to make a judgement. So, bearing in mind the huge amount of time and effort officers of DBC have invested in this project over the past two years, please explain what possible motivation would the Safety Officer have for an over-zealous application of the guidance? I wouldn't want to be in that officer's shoes when he explains to his Director that he had not granted a certificate for a capacity of 3,000 for some minor issue.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:54 am

Neil Johnson wrote:Capacity may initially be less than 3,000 if Council get bolshy.
"bolshy" - what a great word, and so rarely used.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:52 pm

I could see us taking a large following down to Halifax on New Years Day.