jameson

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

notgnilrad
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: jameson

Post by notgnilrad » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:12 pm

Is it safe to come back to this one. :problem:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:32 pm

Jameson will only get better, but he needs a break from the firing line. There is no point bringing in competition for Jameson, if we are not prepared to use it.

Radar

Post by Radar » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:05 pm

MG has been very fair to Jameson. I do think, the time is near for change now so Edward Wilczynski may get the chance to show what he's about.

coles

Post by coles » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:24 am

I'm big fan of Pete's I think he has the ability to play higher but he does seem short on confidence and that is not a good place to be for a keeper. Every mistake he makes seems to end up in the back of the net whereas a forward or midfielder can miss chances or passes and nothing is said.

That said I do think MG has been very patient with Pete hoping that his form will return but the fact he is making high profile errors probably means other teams are focusing on him as a target.

I wonder if Thommo or Cartman would get as many chances if they were playing as badly somehow I don't think they would.

Personally I would take Pete out of the firing line for a couple of weeks let him train with MB and work on his game.

tezza

Post by tezza » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:49 am

MG has consistently stated he will only bring in players who can improve the squad.

He has shown extreme loyalty to Jameson in the hope the errors can be "played" out. That does not seem to be working, confidence or ability, particularly on crosses are becoming costly, and as has been said this will not have gone un noticed.

Assuming Wilczynski was brought in to improve the squad, it would seem plausible to at least give him the opportunity to prove his worth. If on the other hand MG has not had his faith in Wilczynski confirmed in training etc. , that's a different matter for him to address.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:46 pm

One thing noted last Saturday was that Jameson appeared to have his hand bandaged / strapped up. We've seen poor handling for Pete recently and I would think that this would have something to do with it.

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:49 pm

The injury was sustained against Gloucester when he (not very cleverly) decided to punch the crossbar

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:47 am

Undercovered wrote:The injury was sustained against Gloucester when he (not very cleverly) decided to punch the crossbar
A Headbutt might have been a better idea.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:56 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Undercovered wrote:The injury was sustained against Gloucester when he (not very cleverly) decided to punch the crossbar
???.Has Jameson left the club or been told he won't play again?.No,I didn't think so.
No need for the sarky shite. : :shh: .

Radar

Post by Radar » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:08 pm

As things stand, Jameson has some work to do to get his no1 jersey back.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:41 pm

Well that has to be good if Jameson is getting real competition. Hopefully it will make them both improve.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:21 pm

Emdubya wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
???.Has Jameson left the club or been told he won't play again?.No,I didn't think so.
No need for the sarky shite. : :shh: .
I've never criticised any of his performances in goal, however I think the Butting incident was daft, unnecessary and probably cost us points - so can stand a little bit of one off Sarky.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:21 pm

The lad is injured for crying out loud, replacement keeper is only a loanee, he will return to his respective club.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:27 pm

onewayup wrote:The lad is injured for crying out loud, replacement keeper is only a loanee, he will return to his respective club.
No,Wiczinski(??) has signed permanently.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:57 pm

As far as I am aware Wilczynski is here permanently - but not currently contracted.

Shed7
Team Supported: Spennymoor

Post by Shed7 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:31 pm

Darlofan97 wrote: but not currently contracted.
He is...

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:46 pm

Shed7 wrote:
He is...
Still registered for Bishop Auckland according to the NL Registrations Page as a non-contracted player.

I could be mistaken, but if he was contracted with us would that not have to be removed? Given this I thought that he would be dual-registered but seems like you are certain.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:16 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
Shed7 wrote:
He is...
Still registered for Bishop Auckland according to the NL Registrations Page as a non-contracted player.

I could be mistaken, but if he was contracted with us would that not have to be removed? Given this I thought that he would be dual-registered but seems like you are certain.
Bishop will hold his registration for the Northern League until the end of the season
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Radar

Post by Radar » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:11 am

Signed a 2.5 year contract im told so he is definitely our player.

bga

Post by bga » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:54 pm

Noticed Bell on the bench the other night and possibly last Saturday as well? Is PJ still injured, or playing for the now high flying Reserves, anyone got an update please?

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:20 pm

Injured. If he was fit, why would we dump him in the reserves and stick Bell on bench... :crazy: :crazy:

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:29 pm

Looks like he has a hand injury. Noticed he was wearing a support on his hand and wrist whilst training with Marrs on Wednesday night.

bga

Post by bga » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:36 pm

AndyPark wrote:Injured. If he was fit, why would we dump him in the reserves and stick Bell on bench... :crazy: :crazy:
Erm..............because it has been known for players regaining fitness after an injury to play in the Reserves? Or am I too much old school? :?

Thanks Quakerste for update.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:14 am

And old school or not (and some of us remember when there was only one sub or even none) it's incredibly rare to see a keeper substitution, maybe we should have just outfield players on the bench? (Awaits eye rolling emoticon)

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:27 am

So Jameson has been out of the picture for a number of weeks yet we're still leaking goals left, right and centre.

Hmmmm.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:18 pm

Quakerz wrote:So Jameson has been out of the picture for a number of weeks yet we're still leaking goals left, right and centre.

Hmmmm.
Ed's doing OK though - no howlers, no silly sendings off - which have unnecessarily cost us points.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:35 pm

My point was, it wasn't just down to Jameson.

Yes he made a few errors, but people were also claiming that the reason that the defence was poor was because they had no confidence in him. In other words EVERYTHING was Jameson's fault.

Clearly not, because the defence is still shite.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:44 pm

As a team we don't defend well enough. I wouldn't just pin tha blame on the back four.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:49 pm

Ahh, see what you mean Quakerz.

Yes, Ed being there hasn't helped with our terrible goals against figures.

Jameson could well be a more talented (I hate to use the phrase) shot stopper, but Ed seems to be calmer and cooler. I'm not sure that I've seen Ed pull off a really good save yet, like we all know P.J is capable of.

I hope we see Jameson again, I've nothing against him.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:00 pm

Quakerz wrote:So Jameson has been out of the picture for a number of weeks yet we're still leaking goals left, right and centre.

Hmmmm.
Jameson was scapegoated by many. Not denying he made a handful of mistakes however.

Wilczynski made a bad kick out for a throw-in last Wednesday night which directly lead to Altrincham's goal. Now what if that was Jameson?

Now I'm not having a go at Wilczyski who I think has had a solid start despite some bad defending in front of him.

Can see Spennymoor being interested again if Ed keeps Jameson out of the side. Too good of a goalkeeper not to be playing.