If all goes according to plan....

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

quaker4life
Team Supported: Darlington

If all goes according to plan....

Post by quaker4life » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:46 pm

The next home game against Fylde on November 12th will be our last at Heritage Park.

It doesn't feel that long ago since we kicked off there against Bishop in the Northern League in 2012, astonishing how things have changed since then.

Although naturally everyone is focused on Blackwell Meadows I think it is important we also remember that we owe BAFC a great deal of gratitude for taking us in off the street and allowing us the use of the ground and being excellent landlords during our time there.

Had they not done so it would have been highly probable we would not have been able to progress beyond the Northern League, with the greatest of respect to Shildon whom we were initially set to share with.

It has been a great home from home for us 3 promotions and two league titles certainly isn't bad going considering all we had to show for our time at the Arena was 3 periods of administration, 2 relegations and liquidation!

Two particularly memorable games there for me were the Team Northumbria game in the NL and Bamber Bridge in the EvoStik Div 1 North play off final.

All the best to Bish for the future and I hope they can progress up the leagues, they certainly have the set up there to do so.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Darlo_Pete

Re: If all goes according to plan....

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:51 pm

I'll actually be sorry to leave HP, as I've had many happy memories of the place. But the club needs to be back home, so leave we must. It would be great if we could send off from the place with a full house.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:59 pm

I really hope it isn't the last HP game. - It's about time we got a home FA Trophy draw

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:17 pm

quaker4life wrote:
It has been a great home from home for us 3 promotions and two league titles certainly isn't bad going considering all we had to show for our time at the Arena was 3 periods of administration, 2 relegations and liquidation!
There was no liquidation.

We also had an FA Trophy win, a play off semi, and a few play off near misses at the Arena.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:32 pm

Quakerz wrote:
quaker4life wrote:
What happened to DFC 2009 Ltd then? ;)
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:51 pm

You mean the former owners of Darlington FC who no longer had any connection with Darlington FC?

And liquidated while we were at HP of course.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:04 pm

quaker4life wrote:
Quakerz wrote:
quaker4life wrote:
What happened to DFC 2009 Ltd then? ;)
What happened to the previous companies who owned Darlington FC in the 2 previous administrations?

Part of the process of exiting administration in every case involves liquidating previous company that owned the business, and a new company buying the assets and a proportion of the debts of the ongoing business.

We did this 3 times.

When clubs "go bust" it means that literally they have gone. The old company wound up, no new company to continue the trading of the business. The end.

This happened to the likes of Halifax, Newport, Scarborough, Maidstone, Telford etc etc.

This did not happen to the likes of Bournemouth, Luton, and Darlington.

For the fucking millionth time.

Resist the 1883!

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:28 pm

Given the amazing time we have had at Heritage Park, maybe we should leave behind a small memento of our time there. Perhaps a framed photo (with inscription) from that first game against Bishop would be appropriate. It really has been an incredible time while we've been based at HP.

I just wish we could take that transformed pitch with us... except maybe I'd go a bit easier on the sprinklers!!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:35 pm

The way those sprinklers are used, is OTT. It's almost as though they're showing them off, look we've got sprinklers.

darlodog

Post by darlodog » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:34 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:The way those sprinklers are used, is OTT. It's almost as though they're showing them off, look we've got sprinklers.
Not to say lot on the post except DP you are a complete bell end.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:02 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Given the amazing time we have had at Heritage Park, maybe we should leave behind a small memento of our time there. Perhaps a framed photo (with inscription) from that first game against Bishop would be appropriate. It really has been an incredible time while we've been based at HP.

I just wish we could take that transformed pitch with us... except maybe I'd go a bit easier on the sprinklers!!
I thought we were leaving the 'temporary' seating stand behind the goal, isn't that momento enough? ;)

Radar

Post by Radar » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:27 pm

I thought the Bishop lot used those sprinklers a little excessively, but according to my pal at Bishop, Martin Gray has a specific requirement for the watering of the pitch:

15 minutes of watering before the players warm up
15 minutes of watering when the team finishes the warm up
15 minutes of watering during half time

the logic in it is probably so we can zip the ball around a lot quicker than a dry pitch, and maybe to catch the opposition out with their chosen footwear. Lots of opposing players do slip because of what would seem incorrect footwear. Small advantages I suppose

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:02 pm

Radar wrote: Lots of opposing players do slip because of what would seem incorrect footwear
Someone should tell Thommo then, he spent half the time on saturday on his backside!!

spen666

Post by spen666 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:10 am

Radar wrote:I thought the Bishop lot used those sprinklers a little excessively, but according to my pal at Bishop, Martin Gray has a specific requirement for the watering of the pitch:

15 minutes of watering before the players warm up
15 minutes of watering when the team finishes the warm up
15 minutes of watering during half time

the logic in it is probably so we can zip the ball around a lot quicker than a dry pitch, and maybe to catch the opposition out with their chosen footwear. Lots of opposing players do slip because of what would seem incorrect footwear. Small advantages I suppose

Now, every team can know the plan and the chances of being caught out are reduced.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:49 am

Since we've suffered both of our league defeats at home, it's clearly not giving us a huge advantage!
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC