BM latest pics..?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

shawry
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: BM latest pics..?

Post by shawry » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:23 pm

Ok, no problem with the rugby club playing first on the pitch.

Also, no problem with them saying "our new stands" as they are, just because they belong to us doesnt really change the fact, they cant spend the next 25 years saying, our pitch but the football clubs stands.

Also, no issue with turning left to go to the roundabout, it worked ok at the Arena, so whats the problem there?

The 25 year lease is my problem to be honest, as it doesnt feel like we are partners, it actually feels like a medium term solution to a long term problem. I guess if we had more details of how the partnership is structured then that might not be the case.

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:44 pm

shawry wrote:The 25 year lease is my problem to be honest, as it doesnt feel like we are partners, it actually feels like a medium term solution to a long term problem. I guess if we had more details of how the partnership is structured then that might not be the case.
Depending on how successful we are and how much scope there is for future development at Blackwell, who knows, in 25 years time or less we might need to revisit the Arena as and when we need it. I know it's been said by many that this is non-starter, especially for those who closely associate the Arena with our demise but logically...IF we were ever to emulate a Doncaster/Fleetwood/Burton Albion/Bournemouth etc. then there would become a point where pouring money into redeveloping Blackwell or funding a ground of our own (if we can't agree on buying DRFC share) would possibly be outweighed by taking on running costs at the Arena?

Don't get me wrong as I for one can not wait for the club's return to town and to Blackwell and it's all if's, but's and maybe's and a lot of water running under many bridges but if the Arena is still available then a return may need to be a consideration depending on future circumstances.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:03 pm

shawry wrote:The 25 year lease is my problem to be honest, as it doesnt feel like we are partners, it actually feels like a medium term solution to a long term problem. I guess if we had more details of how the partnership is structured then that might not be the case.
I guess the most likely outcome is that we negotiate an extension to the lease a few years down the line.

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:06 pm

We don't have a lease at BM. We are playing there under license.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:41 pm

Went past BM this afternoon, the new car park is in full use loads of cars parked on there today.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:48 pm

poppyfield wrote:Went past BM this afternoon, the new car park is in full use loads of cars parked on there today.
DRFC Women's team have been the first team (along with their opponents) to play on the pitch and new surroundings.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Darlo1235

Post by Darlo1235 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:55 pm

Saw the cars on there today too but it can't be finished though can it looks bumpy. Don't look like the top smooth finish.

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:15 pm

Darlo1235 wrote:Saw the cars on there today too but it can't be finished though can it looks bumpy. Don't look like the top smooth finish.
That's it done, it's not going to be tarmaced, just compressed planings

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:42 pm

Short term , BM is the only game in town. I look forward to someone being mown down on the narrow road which is the only entrance and exit. Question will then be, who is liable for the damages? Would the Council be held negligent for not supplying the exit road as first mooted, or the 'landlord' (DRUFC or Council - I am not sure). A nice insurance claim would see both parties with burned fingers......then we could buy them out.

Long term, yes it depends on the success and crowds attracted, not just to BM but also by Mowden Park at the Arena. Unless they can get some funding in, they could need some new stream of income and hence we could shift across. I know it isn't where we would ideally be but at least it is up to the required FA standards and gives us potential to be bigger than Bournemouth.

Either way, unless we start keeping clean sheets, getting better officials and scoring from the midfield, we could get stuck at this level for another season. A move back to town will give us a filip and kick start our push for promotion from what hopefully will become 'Fortress' Blackwell Meadows! :thumbup:

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:11 pm

jjljks wrote:Short term , BM is the only game in town. I look forward to someone being mown down on the narrow road which is the only entrance and exit. Question will then be, who is liable for the damages? Would the Council be held negligent for not supplying the exit road as first mooted, or the 'landlord' (DRUFC or Council - I am not sure). A nice insurance claim would see both parties with burned fingers......then we could buy them out.
Probably the driver of the car - what a strange strange comment to make.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:07 pm

would not wish that on anyone

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:20 pm

jjljks wrote: I look forward to someone being mown down on the narrow road which is the only entrance and exit.

Weirdo .
Think before posting

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:45 pm

So we are just waiting for 'Blackburn Marshall' rugby club contractors for the changing rooms to finish their work, wonder how they are getting on? Anybody know?
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

trotskycat

Post by trotskycat » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:30 pm

The company I work for supplied the sanitary fittings (wc's, urinals basins etc) last week. The sub contract installer is on site and there should be no issues on that side of the build.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:12 pm

Glass half full?!!! We were stuck at 4th division/League two for ever apart from that season in the the third (we even beat Bournemouth away and look where they are now) I'm still amazed that we've managed to get through three promotions in four seasons and I can't believe we're in a play off place in this division. Its so much better than we could have expected. This team just keeps on giving but honestly...some people....

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:51 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:Glass half full?!!! We were stuck at 4th division/League two for ever apart from that season in the the third (we even beat Bournemouth away and look where they are now) I'm still amazed that we've managed to get through three promotions in four seasons and I can't believe we're in a play off place in this division. Its so much better than we could have expected. This team just keeps on giving but honestly...some people....
Tell me about it.

Following each promotion (probably barring the first, ironically), there's been caution from most, calls for patience and consolidation and predictions of 5th to mid-table. Each season the team has stepped up and not only consolidated but confounded - finishing in the top two every single time - we're may on course to slow down a little now but to be approaching Xmas and to sit within the play-off places is a fantastic first half of the season at yet another higher level.

To think that we still have players with us who were there in the Northern League season is quite amazing really. Two of them are still guaranteed starters!
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:36 pm

real_darlo_85 wrote:
Depending on how successful we are and how much scope there is for future development at Blackwell, who knows, in 25 years time or less we might need to revisit the Arena as and when we need it. I know it's been said by many that this is non-starter, especially for those who closely associate the Arena with our demise but logically...IF we were ever to emulate a Doncaster/Fleetwood/Burton Albion/Bournemouth etc. then there would become a point where pouring money into redeveloping Blackwell or funding a ground of our own (if we can't agree on buying DRFC share) would possibly be outweighed by taking on running costs at the Arena?

Don't get me wrong as I for one can not wait for the club's return to town and to Blackwell and it's all if's, but's and maybe's and a lot of water running under many bridges but if the Arena is still available then a return may need to be a consideration depending on future circumstances.
I think 25 years is fine... I've seen my boyhood club go from decades in the basement to Premier League, moving from a decadent old ground with crowds as low as 3k to a flash new ground which is rammed. I know we did it once before that in the 80s but other than that we've been a bottom division club for most of our history. And we're not the only ones as you've said, if the club was to progress at that sort of rate then the arena would be invaluable, given the constraints of the pipe and the cost of building. There are a lot of fickle football fans out there and I have no doubt that if we did a Swansea/Bournemouth/Blackpool that we'd fill the arena or even fill what we are permitted to (the restricted Xk).

But that's one for the future... Let's get promoted from Conference North first and above all let's get back to Darlington.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:32 am

poppyfield wrote:So we are just waiting for 'Blackburn Marshall' rugby club contractors for the changing rooms to finish their work, wonder how they are getting on? Anybody know?
Due to be completed on the 16th December according to Malcolm Cundick's update yesterday. FA visiting on the 19th to certify the ground, and DBC issuing a safety certificate.

Good to hear that the pitch perimiter fencing has been dropped on the stand side in order to improve visibility also.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:40 pm

Those pictures look fantastic. Can't believe we've come so far so quickly! It certainly puts the doubters in their places and whoever was asking about the main entrance...well, there's your sign! Well done to everyone who's helped in any way and a huge thank you to John and Dave for getting us home. If I lived nearer, I'd volunteer.

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:00 pm

In the tin shed where the yellow lines are, can we not stand there and lean on the railings. Honestly don't know I know in the tin shed at feethams we all did but not sure now?

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:25 pm

notgnilrad wrote:In the tin shed where the yellow lines are, can we not stand there and lean on the railings. Honestly don't know I know in the tin shed at feethams we all did but not sure now?
There was always an exclusion zone at the front of the tin shed and the south stand from what I recall (from the mid 90s onwards).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:24 pm

Just looking at the aerial view, if we moved the pitch a few feet up away from the clubhouse. The pipe would only hit the corners... There's so much land to play with I dont think the pipe will give us any issues.

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:25 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:Just looking at the aerial view, if we moved the pitch a few feet up away from the clubhouse. The pipe would only hit the corners... There's so much land to play with I dont think the pipe will give us any issues.
I've been saying for ages that the pitch should have been moved away from the clubhouse to minimise the trouble the pipe will cause and to ease a stand being built along the clubhouse side. But we've built stand opposite the clubhouse so that now constrains where the pitch is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

H1987

Post by H1987 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:51 pm

The pitch should have been moved further down towards the unbuilt end, in my opinion. Whatever though, it's done now.

I wonder if we can appeal to build over the pipe again. I mean surely other buildings must exist over this pipeline at some point. I'm not sure how a relatively small football stand would prevent access.

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:21 pm

Could we not move the stand? It seems like one of the easier types of structure to move? I know it'll cost more in the long run but if we need to......

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:06 pm

I see on the latest photos that they have lowered the height of the fence immediately in front of the seats. Now I may be wrong here, but will this solve the obstructed view problem? I appreciate you want to look straight out onto the pitch, but we also tend to move our heads left and right, so won't the view of either end still be obstructed for those in the front row?

shawry

Post by shawry » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:15 pm

Ok, having went to the game today, my question is how much did the fence around the pitch cost us, because its clearly not a requirement.

darlodog

Post by darlodog » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:49 pm

Yarblockos wrote:I see on the latest photos that they have lowered the height of the fence immediately in front of the seats. Now I may be wrong here, but will this solve the obstructed view problem? I appreciate you want to look straight out onto the pitch, but we also tend to move our heads left and right, so won't the view of either end still be obstructed for those in the front row?
For f**ks sake are people never happy it's amazing this has finally happened, enjoy the return to darlo and support our fan funded club.

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:53 pm

shawry wrote:Ok, having went to the game today, my question is how much did the fence around the pitch cost us, because its clearly not a requirement.

Perimeter Barrier

Subject to the provisions detailed below, there must be a permanent fixed barrier 1.1 m high, of sound construction (eg concrete and steel) and free from all sharp edges, surrounding the pitch on all sides that may be occupied by spectators. Existing barriers/rails not at 1.1m high may be acceptable, provided they meet the requirements set out in 1.7 of the Appendix.
The barrier, if other than solid wall type of construction, must be infilled so that the ball cannot pass through or under it. Advertising boards may be acceptable as a means of infill.
There must be a minimum of 1.83 metres between the touchline, goal line and the pitch perimeter barrier. NB for Grade A (The Football Conference National) a minimum of 2.25 metres is required.
Immediately in front of an area of seated accommodation the boundary of the playing area may be indicated by means other than a permanent fixed barrier, provided that the Club is able to provide assurances that no spectator will be allowed to stand in this area to watch the match.
Where there is a walkway in front of a standing terrace which is itself fronted by a crush barrier that has been subject to an annual risk assessment and, if necessary, tested, an alternative to a fixed barrier (e.g. A-frames) may be used, provided no spectators are allowed to stand in this area to watch the match. The Club must implement a safety management system to ensure this and also to protect the integrity of the playing area.

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:13 pm

So strictly speaking we didn't need it in front of the tin shed or the seats but you'd have needed some kind of structure to attach the advertising boards to