BM latest pics..?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

dickdarlington
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: BM latest pics..?

Post by dickdarlington » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:29 pm

We popped down at lunch time (the joys of working from home).

Loos now in place, and the had dug one of the ditches for the waste.

One thing of note, from the barrier in front of the club house to the edge of the pitch (marked out for rugby), there is consderably more space than is required by both football or rugby. As such, when the time arises, we might be able to eek another couple of metres in front of the club house, which could be the difference between hitting the ultimate 6k capacity in the long run, or not.

That's a long way off at this point in time.

It's just nice to see the finishing touches progressing.

Not long now.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:00 pm

I note that they appear to be using the location of the Rugby posts for the goals. So they'll be quite a way from the fans.

Also, what is the point in the crush barriers being on the front row? Surely it makes more sense to have them some half way up the stand? I think there is more room for expansion at BM than we think. I do wonder, however, if we should have seating behind the open end up until the pipe. We could just have continuous seating going from where it is now, until the pipe ends, in a sort of L shape. That could provide well over 1,000 seats. We could then add some uncovered terracing around the tinshed end, and maybe to the sides of the clubhouse, and that would get the capacity right up. (I do also think, at some point, we will need to add an extra row to that seating that is already at the clubhouse side. It surely wouldn't cost too much to add an extra row of concrete and add 50 red seats)

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:03 pm

crush barriers: Same as at Bish. You don't need barriers for less than 8 steps.

Seats wrapped around could be an option. It's happened historically, most noteably at Tannadice and Starks Park.

infortunately, like with previous suggestions about extending the tin shed had, physics stops us expanding the original seats. It's simply going to be cheaper to buy a new seating deck. Either pre fabricated, or call entrusted on site. That doesn't mean we can't utilise the existing seats elsewhere on site. We had been suggested with the temporary stands at Bish.

To be clear, 1000 seats is enough for entry to the football league. Full membership of the football league is 6k with 2k seats. That has to be the long term aim. It is possible at Blackwell. Not for now. But 1000 seats is like the 250 seats we have now. It will o my get us so far.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:24 pm

They have put some crush barriers in though, but they're on the first step? Like at HP, which I don't get either, it seems a bit pointless, as presumably people will also be able to stand at the fence which goes around the perimeter like at HP. (Pathway seems wider at BM though). Surely, for both safety purposes, and as well for viewing purposes, it'd actually be better off half way up the terrace? I used to always stand at the second row of barriers at Feethams...

The existing seats look like they're on some metal terracing. I can't imagine it'd be too hard to pull that out, and get another set with 4 rows, plus the fixtures and fittings for the extra 50 red seats. Cheaper than building a whole extra stand anyway. It'd maybe also be an option to provide some seating for people in hospitality. At some point an away end needs to be a consideration too, as segregation is pretty much the norm above this level, and will be needed at this level to some degree. With that comes the issue of which toilets they will use.

I do like the idea of seating sort of wrapping around that end of the pitch and corner. Mind, i'm a bit OCD about symmetry, so it may just be me wanting something to look neater. Getting enough seats in there will be key though. I think you ideally want to get to a stage where you can encourage local schools to bring kids along as well, and to do that you need to be able to offer them seating. Not to mention it has to cater for older folks.

Most important bit of all. It's in the town. We've got plenty to work with, and it isn't the Arena :mrgreen:

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:42 pm

H1987 wrote:I note that they appear to be using the location of the Rugby posts for the goals. So they'll be quite a way from the fans.
By the time you've set the goal nets back towards the tin-shed it is going to be a few metres at best.

Quite a way from the fans is the Arena, or Gateshead's ground.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:57 am

Space between goals and stands at Swansea look bigger. And it works there.

Been mentioned before about advertising. Loads of space to generate cash all around. Be it on the pitch side fencing. The wooden fences. The back of the stands. All around. Not in favour of stadium among rights though...unless Feethams Leisure want to approach the two clubs. :D

Not a massive priority, but I hope we are allowed to paint things like the lavs and the turnstiles black and white. Just to personalise it. Shouldn't be an issue. The two clubs share colours. I'd also really like some club branding around be the ground. All in good time I suppose.

Darlo1235

Post by Darlo1235 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:09 pm

Just a question where is the main entrance going to be on the front? And also are we putting out name at the road entrance so people know where it is.

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:20 pm

In my opinion the best option for the clubhouse side is to build a concrete terrace with a roof. This could have sufficient steps to majorly increase capacity and wouldn't block the view out of the window in the bar on none match days. If you use seats there'll be less rows as the top of the seat back would probably need to be below the bottom of the window.

H1987 please forget about the current seats on the clubhouse side. They aren't built on concrete they have plywood floors. Adding an additional row will require the changing room wall to be knocked down and rebuilding further back. But the major issue associated with these seats is their awful view. For anyone to see the game from these seats there can be no standing or advertising along the clubhouse side. This is obviously unacceptable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:16 pm

Darlo1235 wrote:Just a question where is the main entrance going to be on the front? And also are we putting out name at the road entrance so people know where it is.
Gonna put it out there. If you have found the entrance you know where it is anyway.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:52 pm

Unfortunately I think we'll find the first couple of rows in the new seats have the same problem as the clubhouse seats.Can't understand for the life of me why they have been set as low as they are.pleased I haven't got one but feel sorry for the poor buggers that have.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:22 pm

Emdubya wrote:Unfortunately I think we'll find the first couple of rows in the new seats have the same problem as the clubhouse seats.Can't understand for the life of me why they have been set as low as they are.pleased I haven't got one but feel sorry for the poor buggers that have.
Is everyone in those seats a member of the 500 club? Are they stuck with those seats for 5 years?

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:31 pm

I think they have realised the issues with the front seats and are looking to do something with the fence in front of it.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:41 pm

Easily resolved lower the pitch. Come on guys it's not rocket science.

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:32 pm

quakerste wrote:Easily resolved lower the pitch. Come on guys it's not rocket science.

Ermmm , just checking that this is a joke , right ?
Think before posting

H1987

Post by H1987 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:44 am

Totally disagree the existing seats can't be worked with. Why would you build backwards? You could tear out the existing 3 rows (it looks like they're metal) but save the seats and fixtures. Then you'd only need to buy an extra 50 seats and some new rows, and build forwards towards the pitch. The floodlighting would need moving back (but arguably that'll need doing at some point anyway). The seats aren't on halfway so I can't see why they would effect dugouts. (Which could also be built down a step or two, I've seen that done in plenty of places and it works well). Losing a small area of standing to 200 seats is no issue and would probably raise capacity by about 100! (Not to mention resolve some of the seating number problems)

Lowering the pitch is one of the daftest suggestions on here mind. Any idea how expensive that would be!? Not to mention the flooding issues doing that would create on a floodplain! Or the time it would take to do, and that you'd have to tear up the entire pitch!

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:12 pm

H1987 wrote:Lowering the pitch is one of the daftest suggestions on here mind. Any idea how expensive that would be!? Not to mention the flooding issues doing that would create on a floodplain! Or the time it would take to do, and that you'd have to tear up the entire pitch!
He was taking the piss

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:17 pm

H1987 wrote:Totally disagree the existing seats can't be worked with. Why would you build backwards? You could tear out the existing 3 rows (it looks like they're metal) but save the seats and fixtures. Then you'd only need to buy an extra 50 seats and some new rows, and build forwards towards the pitch. The floodlighting would need moving back (but arguably that'll need doing at some point anyway). The seats aren't on halfway so I can't see why they would effect dugouts. (Which could also be built down a step or two, I've seen that done in plenty of places and it works well). Losing a small area of standing to 200 seats is no issue and would probably raise capacity by about 100! (Not to mention resolve some of the seating number problems)
Hi H1987; In the current position if you added an extra row, you'd push the front row out from under the 'roof', therefore they wouldn't be covered and as such couldn't be counted towards the ground grading. Also, by increase it by another tread, there wouldn't be enough headroom (it's tight enough as it is in the back row) for people to stand. The only way to do it would be to build a new roof...and at that point it becomes cheaper to buy a new structure. Sadly it's a non starter.

The seats would be affected by the dugouts because they subs benches would be cross the line of vision. This is why at Bish, there are those two spaces either side of the tunnel, as this is where the benches were originally going to be.

There is nothing to say we can't recycle the seats somewhere else. They could, and i agree with you should be used elsewhere, but unless there is a roof over them, they can not be included in the ground grading. I would advocate that these seats, and the one of temp ones are placed (openly) to the right of the seated stand (R Cook said we can cover the pipe with temp seating) and use them as they are now, for general use. The other seats would provide 150 unaccounted seats for away fans when there is segregation.

Dany Krap

Post by Dany Krap » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:20 pm

H1987 wrote: Lowering the pitch is one of the daftest suggestions on here mind. Any idea how expensive that would be!? Not to mention the flooding issues doing that would create on a floodplain! Or the time it would take to do, and that you'd have to tear up the entire pitch!
I think you should get on here quick and try to convince people that your reply was a wind up, which I think it it must have been.
You weren't really being serious were you?

tezza

Post by tezza » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:27 pm

Dany Krap wrote:
H1987 wrote: Lowering the pitch is one of the daftest suggestions on here mind. Any idea how expensive that would be!? Not to mention the flooding issues doing that would create on a floodplain! Or the time it would take to do, and that you'd have to tear up the entire pitch!
I think you should get on here quick and try to convince people that your reply was a wind up, which I think it it must have been.
You weren't really being serious were you?
If any of his comments had any sort of credibility .. this paragraph sent them well west .. totally naïve

tezza

Post by tezza » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:30 pm

BUSHEAD wrote:
quakerste wrote:Easily resolved lower the pitch. Come on guys it's not rocket science.

He is not alone !!!

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:50 pm

tezza wrote:
BUSHEAD wrote:

He is not alone !!!
Given some of the posts on here from certain people , you can never be too sure.
Think before posting

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:33 pm

I can't believe people took me literally, the post was tongue in cheek. I am going to be one of those in the stand I can only hope I have an elevated seat.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:53 pm

On a slightly different note. Are there any pictures of the names on the dug outs? Been excited to see these since the scheme was announced.

divas

Post by divas » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:28 pm

JE93 wrote:On a slightly different note. Are there any pictures of the names on the dug outs? Been excited to see these since the scheme was announced.
You'll have to wait for the grand unveiling :thumbup:

HarrytheQuaker

BM latest pics..?

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:47 pm

JE93 wrote:On a slightly different note. Are there any pictures of the names on the dug outs? Been excited to see these since the scheme was announced.
Seen the dugouts on Twitter today , they weren't close enough to see if their were writing on them..
Last edited by HarrytheQuaker on Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:51 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Seen the dugouts on Twitter today , they weren't close enough to see and writing on them..
Possibly because the writing hasn't been done yet....

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:01 pm

As we are partners with the rugby club thought I might hear some positive news coming from them about the improvements to their ground, welcoming supporters to both sports, possible deals etc? Football club very keen to mention about working together etc. It is very quiet if you look at rugby club website nothing at all, are they bothered,or happy to just get increased revenue?

H1987

Post by H1987 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:05 pm

I'm sure there are uncovered seats somewhere in the country? (Hillsborough does, i'm sure) Anyway, what I was saying is could you not effectively build a seated stand where it is now (so it'd need a roof that extended from the existing building). I had Barnet's stadium in mind when thinking of it, although maybe it didn't come across. Obviously this wouldn't be done now, but in the future. It may be the only way to get 1,000 seats to get us back to the Football League. (I'm an optimist).

By the way, you all know sarcasm is hard to detect in text, right!? :silent: :lol:

Darlo1235

Post by Darlo1235 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:52 pm

Whete is the exit from the car park. I thought it was onto the main road but now looking is it one way all the way round.

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:34 pm

H1987 wrote:I'm sure there are uncovered seats somewhere in the country? (Hillsborough does, i'm sure) Anyway, what I was saying is could you not effectively build a seated stand where it is now (so it'd need a roof that extended from the existing building). I had Barnet's stadium in mind when thinking of it, although maybe it didn't come across. Obviously this wouldn't be done now, but in the future. It may be the only way to get 1,000 seats to get us back to the Football League. (I'm an optimist).
There are uncovered seats elsewhere in the country (e.g. Gillingham's away stand) but that's not the issue here. Imagine you are sat on the first row of these seats, 10-15 yards back from the touch line, inline with the edge of the "D" of the penalty box. Your eye level is less than 4 foot above the ground. Look left, to the far penalty box, you won't see the ball, not because of the dug outs, but because of the perimeter fence. Now add in sponsor boards, dug outs and 100s of people and you won't see the players never mind the ball. To make these handful of decrepit seats viable will cost money and reduce the capacity by 100s as no one will be able to stand along the clubhouse side.

Of cause we can build a seated stand along the clubhouse side along with a roof but this will take some serious cash and permission from DRFC and the council but as I mentioned above, I think a terrace with a roof would be a better choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!