BM latest pics..?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quakerz
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: BM latest pics..?

Post by Quakerz » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:06 pm

One good thing with the pitch being 121m long, is that the sidelines have to be at least as long. To change the subject slightly, that extra 10-15m on each sideline compared to a standard ground will give valuable extra m2 standing space, and a greater chance of achieving 3,000+ capacity.

I'm hoping and praying that it comes in at 3,500ish rather than 3,000. It would make achieving 4,000+ for category A seem a lot more achievable too.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:24 pm

Quakerz wrote:One good thing with the pitch being 121m long, is that the sidelines have to be at least as long. To change the subject slightly, that extra 10-15m on each sideline compared to a standard ground will give valuable extra m2 standing space, and a greater chance of achieving 3,000+ capacity.

I'm hoping and praying that it comes in at 3,500ish rather than 3,000. It would make achieving 4,000+ for category A seem a lot more achievable too.
Surely the sidelines have to always be exactly as long as the pitch :lol:

Hopefully the goals are as wide as the crossbar too.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

spen666

Post by spen666 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:29 pm

Quakerz wrote:One good thing with the pitch being 121m long, is that the sidelines have to be at least as long. To change the subject slightly, that extra 10-15m on each sideline compared to a standard ground will give valuable extra m2 standing space, and a greater chance of achieving 3,000+ capacity.

I think the biggest problem in terms of capacity is outside the ground, the access road and the lack of parking other than car park.

The selfish and irresponsible parking that will inevitably happen ( it does whenever there is a decent crowd at any game, not just Darlo) and will cause problems on the main road outside the ground and restrict access for emergency vehicles etc. are what will be the biggest problem in terms of expanding the capacity.

Those minority of people who are so lazy they park on the verge or block access for people to other facilities are going to be something the council will take into consideration when setting crowd capacity at the ground.

There is no easy solution

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:08 pm

It's an interesting conundrum. Most of the well known rugby/football shares are at the original home of a football club rather than the rugby club meaning that pitch size is originally based on a smaller football pitch.

There is a maximum rugby length of 100m but no minimum stipulation so when a rugby club shares at a football ground the football pitch is shortened so they actually play on <90m.

I think we'll be looking at around 8m run off each end. Not ideal but I doubt the rugby club would have taken to kindly if we'd asked to lop 15 metres off their pitch....
Last edited by Undercovered on Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:00 pm

[quote="spen666"
The selfish and irresponsible parking that will inevitably happen ( it does whenever there is a decent crowd at any game, not just Darlo) and will cause problems on the main road outside the ground and restrict access for emergency vehicles etc. are what will be the biggest problem in terms of expanding the capacity.

Those minority of people who are so lazy they park on the verge or block access for people to other facilities are going to be something the council will take into consideration when setting crowd capacity at the ground.

There is no easy solution[/quote]

The council are putting double yellow lines on the main road from Parkside to the roundabout and then so far along the roads leading from the roundabout. The traffic wardens will be out in force for the first few home matches.

e4sby

Post by e4sby » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:13 pm

dfc4me wrote:[quote="spen666"

There is no easy solution
The council are putting double yellow lines on the main road from Parkside to the roundabout and then so far along the roads leading from the roundabout. The traffic wardens will be out in force for the first few home matches.[/quote]

Work to be completed this week.

TM in place next 3 days so work can be completed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darlo1235

Post by Darlo1235 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:41 pm

Just a question where will the media go?

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:40 pm

Double yellows on Parkside bridge? Where are people who use the park going to park? They've already cut out loads of spaces with traffic flow 'improvements'.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:23 am

This is only a Saturday afternoon a fortnight and I'm sure teething problems occur at every new ground. Maybe if you don't have a car park pass you don't get down the road? And people might have to, surely not, walk!!

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:12 am

Wonder if anyone has approached Polam Hall School about parking there on match days.
Think before posting

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:32 am

Not sure how many spaces there are at Polam. It's not like the EV, or the college where there are loads of spaces.

I don't get why they're insisting on double yellows. What happened to good old fashioned yellow cones (particularly North and East of where Parkside meets Grange Road).

tezza

Post by tezza » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:55 pm

Probably a few problems with that suggestion: cost of placing/removing 30 odd times a year ... and the enforceable revenue brought in by those ignoring the yellow lines. To mention a couple

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:39 pm

tezza wrote:Probably a few problems with that suggestion: cost of placing/removing 30 odd times a year ... and the enforceable revenue brought in by those ignoring the yellow lines. To mention a couple
Parking in between yellow cones brings the same penalty as parking in double yellows. Wardens will need to be around to enforce the restrictions anyway. They can put the cones out. It's part of their job. Problem solved.

I agree we need to ensure that the traffic flows on Grange Road and Parkside in particular, but that shouldn't hinder the existing facilities on a non match day.

The other option is to create permit zone parking for match days like they did down neasham road. Anyone who's been to the park on a sunny day will know how many vehicles use Parkside. Yellows move them into the side streets. Or worse still stop people visiting our towns most valuable communal space.

Before any questions my concerns, I'm not a nimby. I don't live In The vacinity. It's just another cheap fix by the council who yet again haven't considered the repercussions.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:03 am

Anyone else think it's a little odd there seems to be no railings going on the terracing? I would have thought it was a security / safety requirement, if nothing else... (Aside from the fact I want something to lean on...) The tin shed used to have two rows of it! Even HP, which is smaller, has one...

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:12 am

Crush barriers are set to be added as far as I know.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:13 am

H1987 wrote:Anyone else think it's a little odd there seems to be no railings going on the terracing? I would have thought it was a security / safety requirement, if nothing else... (Aside from the fact I want something to lean on...) The tin shed used to have two rows of it! Even HP, which is smaller, has one...
Perhaps MG wants everyone on their toes, fans as well as players? ;)

H1987

Post by H1987 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:14 am

Makes sense, just thought it was odd they were still missing on the latest photos!

Also, it's interesting to see the tinshed doesn't quite span the entire width of the pitch at BM. I wonder how much of the field we opt to use. I'm not sure if our game would suit a larger pitch?

Darlo1235

Post by Darlo1235 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:51 pm

Where will the media be put and also for videoing the game and also still can't see on the pictures where the players will be coming out.

bga

Post by bga » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:23 pm

Darlo1235 wrote:Where will the media be put and also for videoing the game and also still can't see on the pictures where the players will be coming out.
.............................From the changing rooms? :o

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:45 pm

The video will be in the veranda on the rugby club I'd imagine and the players will
come out of the stand where the changing rooms are!?

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:49 pm

Players 'entrance' is from the side of the original existing seats (at the end of the main building). It's yet to be completed. Or it wasn't there last time I was down there. But there is a gap in The perimeter fence.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:08 pm

Darlo1235 wrote:Where will the media be put and also for videoing the game and also still can't see on the pictures where the players will be coming out.
There's a balcony on the clubhouse that I guess the camera could be put on, and maybe us commentators could sit up there too. Bit more exposed to the elements than at HP though....
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:03 pm

mikkyx wrote:
There's a balcony on the clubhouse that I guess the camera could be put on, and maybe us commentators could sit up there too. Bit more exposed to the elements than at HP though....
Not sure at the moment. I'm trying to get a gantry put in on the other side as the balcony isn't ideal (exposed to the elements and floodlights in the way. Plus if the balcony is shared with corporate its going to get very cramped. Bearing in mind we've now got two cameras and away teams often bring one I think we could do with something on the far side which is out of the way. I've no idea if its possible though but I've asked.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:50 pm

Is there no way we can get a quote for a gantry then set up a fund to raise the dosh for it. I'm sure the money would easily be raised as kevs highlights benefit everybody.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:09 pm

quakerste wrote:Is there no way we can get a quote for a gantry then set up a fund to raise the dosh for it. I'm sure the money would easily be raised as kevs highlights benefit everybody.
Good idea,I would put in for that as would many others

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:24 pm

quakerste wrote:Is there no way we can get a quote for a gantry then set up a fund to raise the dosh for it. I'm sure the money would easily be raised as kevs highlights benefit everybody.
Contact a local scaffolding company,ask them to put a tower up and give them a free advert in the ground.Job done! :thumbup:

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:38 am

Seems the most sensible option. Any shortfall I'm sure exiled fans would cover. The highlights are all I have and I would pay for them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo1235

Post by Darlo1235 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:23 pm

Is there any pictures of the new main entrance doesn't seem to be any.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:36 pm

Darlo1235 wrote:Is there any pictures of the new main entrance doesn't seem to be any.
It doesn't exist.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:20 pm

Was down at BM this morning, a lot going on. Toilet blocks had just arrived on site on the back of two wagons, safety barriers being installed, pitch marked out and goal posts being put in place. There was a lot of activity around the changing rooms, still looked a lot to do.