Players Transfer Listed

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo.For.Life
Team Supported: Darlington

Players Transfer Listed

Post by Darlo.For.Life » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:13 am

Adam Mitchell and Amar Purewal have been transfer listed.

BaronsCourtQuaker

Re: Players Transfer Listed

Post by BaronsCourtQuaker » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:17 am

Darlo.For.Life wrote:Adam Mitchell and Amar Purewal have been transfer listed.
Not too surprised by Purewall but I think we would miss Mitch's energy and width. Be sad to see either or both of them go in terms of their contribution to the club

Gow9900

Post by Gow9900 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:22 am

Not surprised about Purewal, on the fringes and needs games to get back to his best, which he is unlikely to get with us.

Very surprised at Mitchell, thought he has looked sharp this season and I rate him.

Must either be cutting back the player costs or moving people on to bring people in I'm guessing.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:44 am

As mentioned - not overly surprising about Amar. It'd be a shame to see him go because of what he's helped us achieve, but the time is probably right.

Mitchell I find surprising - he's played pretty well this season. Similar to Amar he's made a big contribution to getting us to where we are today.

If we don't bring anyone else in, it would leave us (if I have counted correctly) with 16 outfield players including Davie, but excluding Nowakowski and Wearmouth. Perhaps Davie will be making the move permanent, or Wearmouth is recovering quicker than expected?

SFG

Post by SFG » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:15 pm

Very surprised about Mitchell. Gives the side drive and energy. One of the first names on my team sheet.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:00 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if Gray now starts to utilise the loan market to supplement the squad, especially if there is no cost to the club as with the keeper from Newcastle.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:06 pm

On the face of it, it seems like Davie has been brought in to replace Mitchell permanently. With Gillies recently signing a new, long-term contract and Davie coming in then Mitchell was always going to find first-team opportunities limited.

If Gray thinks that Davie is better than Mitchell then I'd trust his judgement as, time and time again, he's proven that he's right.

Wearmouth is also supposed to be ahead of schedule on his recovery.

Purewal is a shame, but he will be wanting to play games after such a long lay-off and unfortunately you would have to say he's behind Beck, Cartman & Hardy at the moment.

It would certainly be interesting to see just how many transfers Gray makes at this stage of the season across his previous 4 years here. Seems to be every time we step up Gray brings players in/lets players go in order to strengthen the squad.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:18 pm

Not too surprised about Amar found it tough to break into the side, doesn't have the physical attributed of Beck and doesn't have the finishing capabilities of Cartman or Hardy. And if that's how we're going to play then we need someone who fits more into those molds.

As for Mitch it's a shame. Think he is different to our other wingers. He gives us a defensive option. Like having James Milner as a winger option. He offers more cover to to the full back.

Think dipping into the loan market would be a shrewd move. Could find and help develop some gems.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:00 am

Feels like this is all a result of our FA cup failure. I could type many thoughts but will simply state - in Martin and our board I Trust...

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:47 am

This seems to be Martin's modus operandi. He spends a couple of months getting used to the level of the league and then signs a few players accordingly at this time. He's done this the last 2 seasons after we've had a bit of a wobble and we've had to play catch up a bit. This year, however, we haven't really had a wobble except for the Lancaster cup game, which makes it even more exciting.

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:49 am

I thought that at the fans forum MG said that Amar was in his plans and he was loaned out to get game time? That was only a week ago. I fear that our budget may well be on the very shaky side. One would have thought that otherwise both payers could have been accommodated within our new reserve set up?

Edit.. just seen that we've signed a midfielder, wonder if his wage demands are such that we have to consider letting two players go to cover?
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:50 am

MikeinBlack2 wrote:I thought that at the fans forum MG said that Amar was in his plans and he was loaned out to get game time? That was only a week ago. I fear that our budget may well be on the very shaky side. One would have thought that otherwise both payers could have been accommodated within our new reserve set up?

Edit.. just seen that we've signed a midfielder, wonder if his wage demands are such that we have to consider letting two players go to cover?
No.

Davie has come in and will replace Mitchell.

Purewal has been transfer-listed and it looks like he is making way for Syers to come in.

I do think that possibly, when Portas is back fit, that this signing of Syers signals the end for Nowakowski or Scott (possibly even both). As we will have 4 contracted centre-midfielders in Turnbull, Falkingham, Syers and Portas.

Our squad now, discounting Woolston, Nowakowski, Mitchell & Purewal, stands at 20. I don't think we've hit drastic cost-cutting just yet.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:54 am

Mitchell tweeted he is all packed ready for holiday, couldn't see MG been happy with that at this time in the season.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

windyforce4

Post by windyforce4 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:11 am

On the forum Gray explained we could not sign Falkingham on a contract until the transfer window due to him playing fulltime this year, so is with us on a non contract basis. In theory he could leave at anytime if an offer came in. Sayers is on a contract

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:32 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:This seems to be Martin's modus operandi. He spends a couple of months getting used to the level of the league and then signs a few players accordingly at this time. He's done this the last 2 seasons after we've had a bit of a wobble and we've had to play catch up a bit. This year, however, we haven't really had a wobble except for the Lancaster cup game, which makes it even more exciting.
I was thinking this as well. It very much feels like we're going through an "adjustment phase" where Gray lets go a few players in favour of bringing in players with more experience at this level.

It's telling that the signings we've made tend to have experience of higher up the pyramid or equivalent (Beck, Gillies, Syers, Falkingham etc).

I do wonder if Purewal had gone as far as he could with us. He's served us well but was never going to be a starter ahead of Beck, Hardy or Cartman.

Mitchell is a little surprising as I think he could handle this level. But Gillies and Thompson are clearly first choice at the minute, so reading between the lines, a lack of guaranteed game time is probably the reason.

Mitchell to Spennymoor, anyone?
Last edited by Darlogramps on Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:37 am

poppyfield wrote:Mitchell tweeted he is all packed ready for holiday, couldn't see MG been happy with that at this time in the season.
No idea but perhaps he booked it after being put on transfer list.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:44 am

windyforce4 wrote:On the forum Gray explained we could not sign Falkingham on a contract until the transfer window due to him playing fulltime this year, so is with us on a non contract basis. In theory he could leave at anytime if an offer came in. Sayers is on a contract
As far as I am aware there isn't a transfer window at this level? You can register players up until the 31st March.

Falkingham also hasn't been playing full-time football this season? He left Dunfirmline at the end of last season and spent the summer on trial at a number of Conference clubs.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:06 am

Darlofan97 wrote:
windyforce4 wrote:On the forum Gray explained we could not sign Falkingham on a contract until the transfer window due to him playing fulltime this year, so is with us on a non contract basis. In theory he could leave at anytime if an offer came in. Sayers is on a contract
As far as I am aware there isn't a transfer window at this level? You can register players up until the 31st March.

Falkingham also hasn't been playing full-time football this season? He left Dunfirmline at the end of last season and spent the summer on trial at a number of Conference clubs.
Windyforce is spot on from what Gray said, I guess everyone there has decided generally not to discuss it or didn't understand it.

Can't remember if it's the rule is due to him moving from Scotland to England or if it's a rule generally when signing an player who is coming from a team affected by the transfer deadline rules after transfer deadline day.

Beano

Post by Beano » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:54 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:This seems to be Martin's modus operandi. He spends a couple of months getting used to the level of the league and then signs a few players accordingly at this time. He's done this the last 2 seasons after we've had a bit of a wobble and we've had to play catch up a bit. This year, however, we haven't really had a wobble except for the Lancaster cup game, which makes it even more exciting.
Couldn't have put it better, Vic.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:55 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:

Windyforce is spot on from what Gray said, I guess everyone there has decided generally not to discuss it or didn't understand it.

Can't remember if it's the rule is due to him moving from Scotland to England or if it's a rule generally when signing an player who is coming from a team affected by the transfer deadline rules after transfer deadline day.
I see.

Roll on January....

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:17 pm

Sorry for Mitchell, but his opportunities this season have mostly been coming off the bench.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:29 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Sorry for Mitchell, but his opportunities this season have mostly been coming off the bench.
Stating the bloody obvious cheers Pete I hadn't realised that...

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:33 am

It's the football equivalent of the circle of life.

The higher we climb through the leagues, the better the players must be.

Gray sees the opportunity to sign better players who will strengthen our team and, rightly, that's what he does.

It's a shame, but some of the players who have been with us as we have climbed the leagues have reached their limit - or gone beyond.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:25 am

Watson, Scott, Adam Koski. Two of these will also leave before long I think.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:29 pm

Yeh with Turnbull, Syers and Falkingham I can't see a place for Scott or Nowakowski.

Scott, Purewal and Brown are now the only three remaining from the very start under Gray and have all done fantastically well to rise through the league's with us.

Thompson, Galbraith and Mitchell next in the list?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:34 pm

Then you have Portas still to return from injury. Midfield is full of quality now.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:15 pm

Yep - the situation is that we are hardly's in a position to carry players and by the beginning of next month we will have Scott back from suspension, Portas back from injury and Nowakowski back from Bradford Park Avenue.

Personally I think that Watson will be dropped next game to make way for Galbraith at full-back.

Can certainly see there being some departures aside from Mitchell and Purewal over the coming weeks.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:14 pm

Spyman wrote:Yeh with Turnbull, Syers and Falkingham I can't see a place for Scott or Nowakowski.

Scott, Purewal and Brown are now the only three remaining from the very start under Gray and have all done fantastically well to rise through the league's with us.

Yep - and Jameson & Hunter who joined us in 2013. Hunter is on 135+ appearances and Jameson just under 120.

Thompson is just 11 appearances away from hitting the 200 mark, unbelievable achievement really given just how high we've climbed since the Northern League and he's still one of the first names on the team-sheet now.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:50 am

Darlofan97 wrote:
Spyman wrote:Yeh with Turnbull, Syers and Falkingham I can't see a place for Scott or Nowakowski.

Yep - and Jameson & Hunter who joined us in 2013. Hunter is on 135+ appearances and Jameson just under 120.

Thompson is just 11 appearances away from hitting the 200 mark, unbelievable achievement really given just how high we've climbed since the Northern League and he's still one of the first names on the team-sheet now.
What is Brown on? I know he had a season and a bit out (injury + when he left) but he must have clocked up a fair few.

I thought Mitchell joined after Hunter and Jameson. My memory is that we signed both of them before our first season in NPLD1N. Jameson spent most of that first season on the bench though second string to Bell. Mitchell then came on loan during that season.

It was during our second season in NPLD1N that Jameson was first choice (except the play-offs when Bell was back in) and that was Mitchell's first full season with us.

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:09 pm

lo36789 wrote:
What is Brown on? I know he had a season and a bit out (injury + when he left) but he must have clocked up a fair few.

I thought Mitchell joined after Hunter and Jameson. My memory is that we signed both of them before our first season in NPLD1N. Jameson spent most of that first season on the bench though second string to Bell. Mitchell then came on loan during that season.

It was during our second season in NPLD1N that Jameson was first choice (except the play-offs when Bell was back in) and that was Mitchell's first full season with us.
Brown 135 + 4 subs
Hunter 132 +5
Thompson 180 + 9
Scott 158 +22
Mitchell 88 + 19
Galbraith 158 +11
Purewal 96 + 19
Jameson 121

Hunter's 1st game was the 1st game of the 2013/2014 (1st Evostik 1N season). Mitchell first played at Prescot Cables 22nd March that season.
Jameson did sign that season and got a run of 8 games starting 26th October after which he played only in cup games and a couple of league games at the end of the season when our fate was sealed.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883