Brackley v Darlo Match updates

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Vodka_Vic
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Brackley v Darlo Match updates

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:31 pm

Frustrating game today. Felt they were there for the taking. They're very much a team who play on the counter attack. We just couldn't hold the lead and needed a third goal, which we should have had but took too long over a shot. They went straight up the other end and scored the equaliser.
Still can't decide if I'm happy with a point or not.

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:12 pm

Any point is a good point away from home more often than not, no disgrace going to Brackley and coming away with a draw. The test is following it up with some good performances at home in the next couple of matches, especially as we are yet to really play the biggest hitters in the league (Fylde, Harrogate, Salford, Halifax).
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:17 pm

Salford biggest hitters? Do you work for BBC? Ha
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

Darlobaz79

Post by Darlobaz79 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:03 pm

It was a good hard fought game today. I was pleased with the way we played overall. Brackley were a good footballing team and their number 7 was quite talented and had a great cross on him. Gillies was equally good today and the midfield looked quite balanced with Turnbull and Falkingham. The latter should have scored just before they equalised which was a little disappointing. Defensively, Galbraith was solid enough and Brown was exceptional. Both full backs still worry me. Thompson's goal was special and he worked really hard all game. The keeper pulled off some great saves but their first goal seemed far too easy.

I'm reasonably pleased with a point. Onto the next...

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:18 pm

Thought Marrs was excellent today and in all honesty think he has been very good all season, Watson hasn't totally convinced me yet and I would like Galbraith back over at left back with Burgess back in at centre when fit.

We don't look tight at the back currently but we are playing at a much higher level now.

Enjoyed the game thought we played some very good football and if we had snatched a third when 2-1 up we would have won it.
Last edited by super_les_mcjannet on Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:23 pm

Ingleby wrote:Salford biggest hitters? Do you work for BBC? Ha
You know what I mean't, with their financial backing you would expect them to be in and around the top 5. :thumbup:
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:08 pm

Played with a lot of passing, but maybe a bit too fast for some.

I was told their first goal was a double handed Maradona, so waiting for highlights.

2 class goals from us.

Brackley left some gaps at the back, but we couldn't seem to get balls and players in them at the right time.

All in All a good performance, but need a second centre back.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:07 pm

Ingleby wrote:Salford biggest hitters? Do you work for BBC? Ha
It's the BBC who are trying to push the idea that Salford are brave little minnows!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:04 am

Roughly how many Daro fans were there?

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:29 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:Roughly how many Daro fans were there?
About 150 - several Home Counties and East Midlands exiles that we havn't seen for years:
Luton
London
Colchester
Leics

MG is on You Tube and has rated the game as our best away performance of the season. Goals also on there.

25 yarder volley from Thommo
Beautiful Free Kick from Gillies

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:55 am

Brackley average around 394. I reckon there were closer to 250 Darlo fans there yesterday.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:16 am

TFDM wrote:Brackley average around 394. I reckon there were closer to 250 Darlo fans there yesterday.
Yeah, I agree with you on this..Brackley's previous best crowd was 565 against FCUM..We managed to put an extra 80 on that, so I reckon about 250 to 300 Darlo fans there...A great turnout.
Must admit that I am quite surprised that their ground is up to National North standard. It seemed very basic. However the pitch looked really good.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:08 am

Good end to end game yesterday against tough opposition. A point away against a top half side is never to be sniffed at but after leading twice from two absolute pearlers it feels like a bit of a kick in the teeth.

Brackley played on the counter attack and their wingers and Forwards were incredibly quick. At the back i thought their No.6 CB had a really good game and was probably their MOTM for me.

Both their goals came from an inability to deal with balls into the box from wide positions. This highlighted 2 things for me. 1). we miss Burgess the man is a tank and is great in the air. 2) Our full backs sit incredibly narrow when the ball is on the opposite side of the pitch. There were a couple of times Brackley switched the ball quickly and the winger had a good 15-20 yards around him to run into. I think we sat too deep for both spells after we had scored. and when we were pressing and forcing mistakes from their midfielders the team was too deep to capitalise on the mistake.

think you're right with around the 300 mark there from darlo, great turnout from our fans as always and created a pretty good atmosphere after the Gillies free kick flew in for 2-1.

Without being disrespectful, that ground gave me great hope for what is possible for us a BM. It was basic but it clearly met the Conf North standard i dont think there would be much problem on the planning side getting the ground up to 4,000 capacity on the funding side however is where the challenge will come.

bertbanger

Post by bertbanger » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:52 pm

they are a deceptively good team Brackley, well pleased with a point