Thank you DFC

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

footifan
Team Supported: Darlington

Thank you DFC

Post by footifan » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:34 am

Well, back in Texas after a brilliant trip to Darlo... 2 games, 2 wins, 6 Darlo goals.

Thank you to all that made me most welcome, especially John Tempest, Wayne Raper, Neil Raper & of course the lovely ladies at the club shop.
Thanks too for the generous write ups in the match programme & websites by Ray & Paul.
ALL the club volunteers do a fab job & should be applauded by all. :clap:

Thank you for the goody bags for the new young fans in Texas & California... I managed to spend a few bob too on shirts, caps etc..

The atmosphere in the Tin Shed was awesome, especially during the Stockport game, well done lads & lasses. :clap:
It was great to see so many old friends around the ground & in the bar. the bar was most welcoming & a good pint to boot.

The Community Share certificates look good & I will be getting them framed to presented to the DFC Bandera Texas Group members.

I also had lunch at Blackwell Meadows while attending a Darlington RFC game with the past & current Rugby Club Presidents, it was lovely afternoon. The food was good & well presented by the new steward / general manager Lisa Upton & her team. It bodes well for the return to Darlo & the prospect of pre game lunch packages which should be a good earner for DFC.
Good to see the ground works & construction preceeding so well.

I will look forward to my next trip home to Darlo & spending more time there, I am of course looking forward to seeing them playing at home in Darlo... Hopefully with one or two of the DFC Bandera Group... now that would be a fun trip.

Thanks again to all concerned

Cheers Y'all.

bga

Re: Thank you DFC

Post by bga » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:01 pm

Your not John W Henry or Tom Werner in disguise are you?
Good that people take time to provide positive feedback, we are all perhaps too guilty of only airing our views when things go wrong!

footifan

Post by footifan » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:17 pm

bga wrote:Your not John W Henry or Tom Werner in disguise are you?
Good that people take time to provide positive feedback, we are all perhaps too guilty of only airing our views when things go wrong!

No sorry bga :D ...not Liverpool either ... Darlo thru & thru...
Under the circumstances the club are doing as well as could be expected in my opinion, the alternatives could have been a lot worse.

Yes negativity will eat you up...
Some people just seem to enjoy moaning...luckily not me :lol:

bga

Post by bga » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:21 pm

footifan wrote:
bga wrote:Your not John W Henry or Tom Werner in disguise are you?

No sorry bga :D ...not Liverpool either ... Darlo thru & thru...
Under the circumstances the club are doing as well as could be expected in my opinion, the alternatives could have been a lot worse.

Yes negativity will eat you up...
Some people just seem to enjoy moaning...luckily not me :lol:
Shame that I wondered if Klopp might have been interested in helping out run our new Reserves!